• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Reading bout the difficulty spike is disheartening. I'm gonna give it a go but I got dunked already at Ronan in Superior mode.

Loved my first playthru. Need to get
Thanos
unlocked but his grid looks cray

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Reading bout the difficulty spike is disheartening. I'm gonna give it a go but I got dunked already at Ronan in Superior mode.

Loved my first playthru. Need to get
Thanos
unlocked but his grid looks cray

You need to power level Ms Marvel. Seriously. I took down so many bosses with her rapid punch attack in seconds. Apparently Hulk is similar but requires a bit more positioning.

And here's a nice little pro-tip (for boss killing):

Save your XP Cubes. When you're about to run out of health or energy, use XP cubes you level your hero mid battle. Instant refill!

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
You need to power level Ms Marvel. Seriously. I took down so many bosses with her rapid punch attack in seconds. Apparently Hulk is similar but requires a bit more positioning.

Save your XP Cubes. When you're about to run out of health or energy, use XP cubes you level your hero mid battle. Instant refill!

What the hell?! I can use xp cubes in the middle of a level like that?? I've only been using them during the menu when I'm on top of that Marvel symbol lmao. Y'all are genius

[edit] Ms Marvel huh? Crap she's low level for me pluck

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017

Ha, that's a great tip. Haven't thought about that.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell?! I can use xp cubes in the middle of a level like that?? I've only been using them during the menu when I'm on top of that Marvel symbol lmao. Y'all are genius

[edit] Ms Marvel huh? Crap she's low level for me pluck

She's worth every single XP Cube you pump into her. She's broken as hell.

And yeah, XP Cubes are nice little "bonus lives". They're a bit of a cheap shot, sure...But so is the damn stagger mechanic. Ha.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

Agree on Ms Marvel. Killing bosses while spamming her punch attack and me shouting like a JoJo character quickly became a thing for me. Made my stepdaughter laugh a bunch, too.

The xp cube suggestion is also a great one. I tried that out myself the other week on a whim to see if it'd work when I was in a tight spot, and was pleasantly surprised.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
How do you unlock that Wakanda trial to grind out XP? It says I can't access it yet.
Oh is that the best way to grind characters? I apparently need to grind up Ms marvel. should've been playing closer attention to this thread but I was just playing through the story so I was good. Now it's time to unlock things and play Superior mode

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Oh is that the best way to grind characters? I apparently need to grind up Ms marvel. should've been playing closer attention to this thread but I was just playing through the story so I was good. Now it's time to unlock things and play Superior mode

It is, but its only available once you've cleared Superior. The best way I found to do it pre-Ultimate is find a decent trial you can reliably clear that rewards XP Cubes. Also, just run through and start clearing trials in general. Oh and rush the XP node in the Enhancement tree.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Good Lord, you were right about Ms. Marvel. I had her at level 15 before finding out how broken she is, and used a bunch of XP cubes to get her to level 20. Since then, I've been tearing through the infinity trials with her, Ghost Rider, Storm, and Black Panther.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me and my friend started superior last night. The challenge seems really fun. Our player controlled characters are around lvl 40. Got up to the Green Goblin.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Good Lord, you were right about Ms. Marvel. I had her at level 15 before finding out how broken she is, and used a bunch of XP cubes to get her to level 20. Since then, I've been tearing through the infinity trials with her, Ghost Rider, Storm, and Black Panther.

Yeah, the more I play this game, the more I'm seeing that you sort of need to build a quasi-archetype team. Tank, utility, and DPS...It depends on the situation how you balance that. Seems like tanks are the stagger breakers, utility classes imbue elements/heal/control/etc, and DPS do exactly that.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
My main team for mighty superior and Ultimate was Spider-Man hulk cap and iron man. Pretty balanced team. Didn't struggle with any bosses. These four played well together.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Accidentally erased my character data because I thought "new game" was just a new playthrough of the story, not unlocking everyone again. Whoops!

I've actually learned something kind of annoying about being unable to choose "new game" to start at the higher difficulties. In your first playthrough, when you select a character, the npcs standing around the Shield points are changed if it would clash with them, but if you start from the level select (which is necessary after finishing the game to go to the higher difficulties) that doesn't happen and you're just left with two of the same character (an npc to talk to and your actual party member).

Last edited:

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it, it was alright. Got bored of it towards the end, don't really see the need to play it again and lock the last few characters.

Nov 14, 2017
The game tells me that I'm running out of space for ISOs. Given that you don't earn much when deconstructing, I decide to modify/upgrade as many as I can. I learned that if you filter by color and rank, and modify/upgrade many at a time, the game will no longer allow to select the filter/sort options at the top of the menu. You have to exit and reenter to get rid of the bug.

This is mildly annoying

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do basic attacks fall under ethereal/physical/ect? Like does increasing Magneto's mastery raise his basic attack's power?

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Finally unlocked
Thanos but next I am going for Loki
. Do I need to spoiler tag the secret characters? Cause I think I've seen pics of them in this thread lol.

Yeah I power levelled Ms Marvel. she was my main hero at the start but then after I acquired the x-men I didnt have a slot for her anymore. But I definitely needed her for Superior difficulty. Was able to blow through it to get to knowwhere which had a gate I needed to unlock for Infinity.

I wonder what the plan is for DLC-- like when they release new characters are we going to get new SP content too?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Finally unlocked
Thanos but next I am going for Loki
. Do I need to spoiler tag the secret characters? Cause I think I've seen pics of them in this thread lol.

Yeah I power levelled Ms Marvel. she was my main hero at the start but then after I acquired the x-men I didnt have a slot for her anymore. But I definitely needed her for Superior difficulty. Was able to blow through it to get to knowwhere which had a gate I needed to unlock for Infinity.

I wonder what the plan is for DLC-- like when they release new characters are we going to get new SP content too?
The actual paid DLC is coming with new content too, although we don't know about Cyclops/Colossus at this point.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So about the curse of the vampire dlc chapter, I think we all agree Dracula and Shiklah will show up right? If only for the Deadpool's ex joke segment

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
My buddy and I finished this in co-op. Super fun! We are going to start focusing on trials next, and then up the difficulty.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Started Ultimate today. Damage output is noticeably higher from enemies, but it feels fine otherwise. Going to push to open to the Wakanda grind, pump a bunch of heroes, and then start experimenting. I'd like to find an excuse to use Crystal and/or Mags.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a relatively accurate tier list out there? I keep seeing that MsMarvel + Wasp are top of the totem pole, but any opinions or lists out there? Did a brief look on GameFAQs and saw some interesting choices

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I completed the first three Infinity Trials using mostly an Avengers team (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk), now I'm playing through Superior with a team I chose just because they're characters who need to be leveled up for their costume trials in the fourth trials menu (Deadpool, Magneto, Falcon, Star Lord) and I find myself really missing Cap's shield. Although I've learned that Deadpool's machinegun drains health very quickly after the enemy is stunned.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I completed the first three Infinity Trials using mostly an Avengers team (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk), now I'm playing through Superior with a team I chose just because they're characters who need to be leveled up for their costume trials in the fourth trials menu (Deadpool, Magneto, Falcon, Star Lord) and I find myself really missing Cap's shield. Although I've learned that Deadpool's machinegun drains health very quickly after the enemy is stunned.
Yeah my team for the difficulties and trials was Spider-Man Cap hulk and iron man. They all played well off one another. Now I'm trying out different combos and find Cap panther widow and Hawkeye quite fun.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a relatively accurate tier list out there? I keep seeing that MsMarvel + Wasp are top of the totem pole, but any opinions or lists out there? Did a brief look on GameFAQs and saw some interesting choices

From what I can tell, there aren't really any "bad characters" as much as there are "characters with very few synergies". Scarlet Witch and Thanos have the fewest synergies and therefore "work" best on teams. Otherwise, as long as you have a stagger breaker and damage dealers, you're fine.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Superior mode! I want to keep playing but don't know what to do... do I immediately start the hardest mode or do I grind levels so I can play with a different team? Have to think about it.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling my girlfriend is getting me this game for my birthday because I expressed interest it, yet I'm a little worried. I can handle action RPGs but not if the battle system is complicated. I recently tried Monster Hunter World and haaaaaaated that god damn game, and that was after I told my girlfriend I'd be interested in MUA3. Does this game play anything like Monster Hunter World? I hope not.

Sorry for the ignorant question. I really should just demos more often. Sigh.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling my girlfriend is getting me this game for my birthday because I expressed interest it, yet I'm a little worried. I can handle action RPGs but not if the battle system is complicated. I recently tried Monster Hunter World and haaaaaaated that god damn game, and that was after I told my girlfriend I'd be interested in MUA3. Does this game play anything like Monster Hunter World? I hope not.

Sorry for the ignorant question. I really should just demos more often. Sigh.

There's virtually ZERO similarities, so you're fine.

Honestly, this game is relatively simplistic compared to nearly any other action brawler RPG. The only reason to mess around with the ISO8 stuff (the "gear") is for harder Infinity Trials and MAYBE Ultimate later on?

The ONLY stipulation you'll have when picking out your heroes is that you will need to find a character or two who can break the enemies Stagger bar (which is basically a shield that reduces the damage the enemy takes by like 80%, and when it breaks you can stun the enemy to allow for major damage focus). It's not as important on the easiest difficulty, but all the others will basically require you to be able to break that stagger bar in order to "win".

Nov 14, 2017
Ultimate Alliance 3 is more of a beat em up than an action rpg. The only game I've played in the best em up genre that I can compare it to is double dragon neon.

You have your predetermined characters that are unlocked as you progress through the story. You have the characters' abilities that are unlocked as you level up.

I would say the only two aspects of an RPG game that can be found is the level grinding. There is a lot. The ISO equips are the only customizable tool in the game that required a bit of rng farming and level grinding.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's virtually ZERO similarities, so you're fine.

Honestly, this game is relatively simplistic compared to nearly any other action brawler RPG. The only reason to mess around with the ISO8 stuff (the "gear") is for harder Infinity Trials and MAYBE Ultimate later on?

The ONLY stipulation you'll have when picking out your heroes is that you will need to find a character or two who can break the enemies Stagger bar (which is basically a shield that reduces the damage the enemy takes by like 80%, and when it breaks you can stun the enemy to allow for major damage focus). It's not as important on the easiest difficulty, but all the others will basically require you to be able to break that stagger bar in order to "win".
Thank you. My major issue with MHW is that it felt clunky and unsatisfying to play.