• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Man, people weren't kidding about Ms Marvel. I'm shocked at how broken she is, haha.

Having a lot of fun grinding for rare ISO-8 on the Wakanda Infinity Trial. Already got a bunch of 100% (upgraded) extra experience crystals. Ms Marvel just destroys everybody and the crystals keep pouring in.

Anyway, PadWarrior , what was your system to get all of the heroes to level 100? Did you keep doing the campaign over and over or kept to the trials? Right now I'm working my way through Ultimate.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Man, people weren't kidding about Ms Marvel. I'm shocked at how broken she is, haha.

Having a lot of fun grinding for rare ISO-8 on the Wakanda Infinity Trial. Already got a bunch of 100% (upgraded) extra experience crystals. Ms Marvel just destroys everybody and the crystals keep pouring in.

Anyway, PadWarrior , what was your system to get all of the heroes to level 100? Did you keep doing the campaign over and over or kept to the trials? Right now I'm working my way through Ultimate.
I don't have all at 100 yet but for the ones who weren't in my main team I took them the lambda rush that requires you to be level 48 and used multiple team xp isos on them. I have 3 team xp ISO's at 100% and another 2 over 90%.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly hadn't finished this yet

For me it's an uncomfortable mix between mindless button mashing and skill-based combat. The focus on synergy is confusing and disappointing. Grinding away in Infinity Trials is honestly really limited.

I kind of just wanted to mash away and use the occasional combo like MUA1.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Dracula as a hidden character would be amazing beyond words. He'd play like Alucard from Castlevania with his sword, bat transformation, and mist teleport.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Dracula as a hidden character would be amazing beyond words. He'd play like Alucard from Castlevania with his sword, bat transformation, and mist teleport.
He's a candidate but hes have overlap with Blade and Morbius. I'd say our pool of hidden characters would be: Dracula, Deathlok, Manthing, Werewolf by Night, Namor, Shiklah or Shanna... or maybe Dagger

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
He's a candidate but hes have overlap with Blade and Morbius. I'd say our pool of hidden characters would be: Dracula, Deathlok, Manthing, Werewolf by Night, Namor, Shiklah or Shanna... or maybe Dagger
Doctor Doom would probably be the hypothetical hidden character of the F4 pack, and Dracula feels like the equivalent Marvel Knights character, especially with the "Curse of the Vampire" subtitle. He also fits the pattern established by the base game of making Magneto, Loki, and Thanos unlockable.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Doctor Doom would probably be the hypothetical hidden character of the F4 pack, and Dracula feels like the equivalent Marvel Knights character, especially with the "Curse of the Vampire" subtitle. He also fits the pattern established by the base game of making Magneto, Loki, and Thanos unlockable.
True unless they do Shiklah as a curveball

Something else to consider is they are saving the story chapter for a launch/direct trailer

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I urge you guys to try Starlord. He is so much fun to crowd control. His tornado synergises with his other elemental attacks. I like to launch a tornado, then follow up with a shocking attack, which will envelop the tornado and paralyse enemies, giving me garanteed critical hits. Coupled with ISOs that raises his critical hit chance (because the tornado hits multiple times) and ISOs that raises the time an enemy will be paralysed and he is almost as crazy as Ms Marvel. Almost.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Considering the recent movie news MUA3 came out at a really good time. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a Marvel games Spider-ban soon like what happened with the X-Men and Fantastic 4 in the past.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Considering the recent movie news MUA3 came out at a really good time. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a Marvel games Spider-ban soon like what happened with the X-Men and Fantastic 4 in the past.
Ehhh marvel owns everything completely on Spidey other than the movies and he's always been bigger than those two and they haven't controlled his movies fully.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thought, because the dlc story is a standalone side story what if it's accessed through the 'mysterious' new infinity rift rather than through the standard story menu? Would allow for more flexibility

nacarelli

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I'm totally addicted to farming Isos at Wakanda Omega Trial.

I'm already at 9 team xp 100% and God knows how many individual blue XP ones. At the moment, I'm farming Rainbow Isos.

This game is awesome!

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Finally got around to beating the main storyline.

Man, Thane was surprisingly annoying.
Endgame team: Elektra, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange (MVP). Used Dr. Strange to delete the clones super fast, Elektra and Black Panther ate up his shield, Ghost Rider and Strange brought in the damage. Had to do my absolute best to keep Strange alive

Oct 25, 2017
Hey so I've only been casually chipping away at this since it launched and am still in the early stages. What's the best way to play this - run through the main story levelling just a handful of mains and then re-play to level the rest of the roster? Or should I re-play early levels with different teams so I can have a roster with more level parity?

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Hey so I've only been casually chipping away at this since it launched and am still in the early stages. What's the best way to play this - run through the main story levelling just a handful of mains and then re-play to level the rest of the roster? Or should I re-play early levels with different teams so I can have a roster with more level parity?
Just pick a team and finish the main mode first. At first it's impossible to keep level parity, but in late game Infinity Trials this becomes much easier due to XP crystals dropping.

In my opinion the game becomes more fun in the harder difficulties that are unlocked later, which will make will grind for better loot if you are into that sort of stuff. Kind of like Diablo 3 in that sense.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm totally addicted to farming Isos at Wakanda Omega Trial.

I'm already at 9 team xp 100% and God knows how many individual blue XP ones. At the moment, I'm farming Rainbow Isos.

This game is awesome!
I was like you until I 100% all characters and gallery. All upgraded to full skill level 5.
I have some good'rainbow Isos I know t'i Can find much better one but ... I'm walking though the hardest trials or ultimate story like nothing so I have no incentive to farm anymore. For now. Can't wait for dlc.

Oct 25, 2017
Just pick a team and finish the main mode first. At first it's impossible to keep level parity, but in late game Infinity Trials this becomes much easier due to XP crystals dropping.

In my opinion the game becomes more fun in the harder difficulties that are unlocked later, which will make will grind for better loot if you are into that sort of stuff. Kind of like Diablo 3 in that sense.
Cool. My team selection is largely driven by my personal faves, and wanting to have characters that fit the setting (like Spider-people for the Raft level). Maybe I should have a core of three and then have a rotating slot for context-suitable character. I think my most recent save has Spidey (Parker), Ms Marvel, Hulk, and Luke Cage.

Not a lot of ranged characters in my roster - who are the good ranged characters?

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Cool. My team selection is largely driven by my personal faves, and wanting to have characters that fit the setting (like Spider-people for the Raft level). Maybe I should have a core of three and then have a rotating slot for context-suitable character. I think my most recent save has Spidey (Parker), Ms Marvel, Hulk, and Luke Cage.

Not a lot of ranged characters in my roster - who are the good ranged characters?
That's more or less what I did in my first playthrough. Works just fine because you will almost always get an appropriate leveled character that belongs to the setting.

As for ranged characters, I only had more time with Starlord and he is awesome, but plays really different from other characters. Honestly, most characters I played are fun, so you can't go wrong. Ms Marvel is probably the best character in the game, though, in the sense that she is really broken (in a fun way). It's good that you already picked her a your main, because she will carry the power leveling of other characters if you decide to do that.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw that she's broken (moreso in late game?) but she's cool and I like her books. I'll keep her on the roster. Who else is good? I think having two heavies in Cage and Hulk is probably a bit much - I might ditch Cage.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I saw that she's broken (moreso in late game?) but she's cool and I like her books. I'll keep her on the roster. Who else is good? I think having two heavies in Cage and Hulk is probably a bit much - I might ditch Cage.
Any one with lots of element attacks is good for adding synergy damage to Ms. Marvel. Wasp, Crystal, Starlord, Hawkeye, Loki, Storm, etc.

nacarelli

Oct 30, 2017
Me too! Couldn't find any team XP 100%, though. Are you playing on the Wakanda Wave or Rush?

Rush. Don't bother trying wave cause the enemies are weaker overall, so the drops are of lesser quality. At least in my experience so far. Playing Wakanda Omega Rush you're going to get a lot of AA Isos.

I'm using "drop x% white isos", "drop x% rare isos" and "grants a % chance of ISO-8 having a higher class when acquired".

That last one is IMO even more difficult to drop than team xp isos. I have like 3 of them.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Rush. Don't bother trying wave cause the enemies are weaker overall, so the drops are of lesser quality. At least in my experience so far. Playing Wakanda Omega Rush you're going to get a lot of AA Isos.

I'm using "drop x% white isos", "drop x% rare isos" and "grants a % chance of ISO-8 having a higher class when acquired".

That last one is IMO even more difficult to drop than team xp isos. I have like 3 of them.
Finally found one, heh. I'm leveling up Guardians of the Galaxy, going to do a playthrough with them.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Needed Cyclops yesterday, the wait is killing me. Been holding off on playing the higher difficulties waiting for his inclusion!

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Needed Cyclops yesterday, the wait is killing me. Been holding off on playing the higher difficulties waiting for his inclusion!
I'm trying to level up a fourth for a X-men only runthrough(Wolverine is an obigiltory third for obvious reasons) and I think it's between NightCrawler and Psylocke... maybe Wade but I'm not certain kinda want to go classic especially if they add an X-men Gold team bonus

Speaking of anyone else think we'll get a few new team bonuses with these guys? A third X bonus in X-men gold(Cyclops, Colossus, Storm, NightCrawler and Wolverine), perhaps Champions(Kamala, Miles, Cyclops, Black Widow, Ghost Rider)?