• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is story content confirmed on top of those modes? Source?
Well the general pass has promised story content since day one, the pack has a chapter subtitle "curse of the vampire" and the official pr refers to it as a chapter not a pack. So it'd be strange if there wasn't

It's all in the wording
Today, Nintendo revealed the first chapter, "Curse of the Vampire," of the DLC Expansion will be arriving on September 30! Buy the game and pre-order the Expansion Pass now.

"Curse of the Vampire" will include four new characters from Marvel Knights: Moon Knight, Blade, Punisher, and Morbius as playable characters.

In the first DLC pack, you can also take on an

Last edited:

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
So I started playing the game last week. I've been cycling between progressing in the story, doing the infinity trials, and leveling characters I haven't been using as much as the others.

As of right now, I reached Wakanda and started doing the Phi trials. A few characters are in the mid 30s while a good chunk of starting characters have yet to break the teens. Aside from a few camera issues, I've been enjoying the game.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I figured Carol's old Ms Marvel costume and symbiote Spidey were locks, but I'm pumped for Planet Hulk.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they add some QoL improvements to the menu shit soon. Stuff like the ISO-8 stupidly slow description scroll and not being able to feed characters XP cubes until you actually select them for your team are annoying.

Sweet. Is there any easy way of knowing what synergy skill work together in the menus? Or do you just have to memorize them/figure it out in-game?

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they add some QoL improvements to the menu shit soon. Stuff like the ISO-8 stupidly slow description scroll and not being able to feed characters XP cubes until you actually select them for your team are annoying.

Sweet. Is there any easy way of knowing what synergy skill work together in the menus? Or do you just have to memorize them/figure it out in-game?
I just pick characters I like lol

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just got my first Exp ISO and I'm surprised by how big the boost was. I thought it'd be something much smaller. Now I get how some people are maxing out every character. I guess they only throw these in the Omega rifts because it seems they'd completely break the level scale.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just got my first Exp ISO and I'm surprised by how big the boost was. I thought it'd be something much smaller. Now I get how some people are maxing out every character. I guess they only throw these in the Omega rifts because it seems they'd completely break the level scale.
Technically it would be possible to outfit your team with 16 White +100% Team XP ISOs if you did enough farming.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
From the Japanese site:

lGhh2e7.jpg

SqN8lrn.jpg

oqtHtfM.jpg

bREDk76.jpg

8NsdgYP.png

k3gzMTm.png

3fqIrbn.png

75Iiysc.png

Also, a more complete shot of the new costumes:

807rUwX.png

Last edited:

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not convinced the DLC pack has any actual story campaign content. They're being really vague about it.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm still not convinced the DLC pack has any actual story campaign content. They're being really vague about it.
I wouldn't be surprised if only the Fantastic Four pack has story content.
Nah why the subtitle then? I'm sure they are just waiting to show it off with a proper trailer in the September direct. There is no reason for a subtitle if they aren't doing a story chapter

Note the Japanese site also doesn't show any rift content yet either

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also same Japanese site mentions story even more bluntly than the western site. Also didn't we get new chapter confirmation at e3 a while back

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Nah why the subtitle then? I'm sure they are just waiting to show it off with a proper trailer in the September direct. There is no reason for a subtitle if they aren't doing a story chapter
As far as we know, "Marvel Knights: Curse of the Vampire" is the name of the DLC pack. It's not necessarily a story subtitle.

Also same Japanese site mentions story even more bluntly than the western site. Also didn't we get new chapter confirmation at e3 a while back
The Japanese site says that the expansion pass will contain new story content, but it doesn't specify that each of the three packs will contain new chapters. All it takes is one new story chapter for that statement to be truthful.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
As far as we know, "Marvel Knights: Curse of the Vampire" is the name of the DLC pack. It's not necessarily a story subtitle.
Cept that subtitle only loosely applies to two of the characters and is a blatant Dracula reference. Now if it were Frankencastle over Punisher you might have a point but not really, that's a chapter plot title if I've ever seen one

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Cept that subtitle only loosely applies to two of the characters and is a blatant Dracula reference. Now if it were Frankencastle over Punisher you might have a point but not really, that's a chapter plot title if I've ever seen one
lGhh2e7.jpg

It could easily be referring to Morbius there, who's also a vampire. He's the massive focal point of the background.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
lGhh2e7.jpg

It could easily be referring to Morbius there. He's the massive focal point of the background.

That image makes it look like Morbius is the boss of the story chapter and joins after you beat him.

Otherwise I don't know why they'd bother making him so focal. Morbius sucks and nobody cares about him.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
lGhh2e7.jpg

It could easily be referring to Morbius there, who's also a vampire. He's the massive focal point of the background.
Also the Japanese webpage doesn't mention a new infinity rift while it's already been confirmed

Edit: also Ryce Morbius is a living Vampire created by science and Dracula only lets him use the name out of pity as he isn't a true Vampire. Blade is half Vampire though

Last edited:

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Any patch notes? I wanna know if they improved any of the mechanics or a graphics/ resolution bump
There's an Update to Co-Op Rooms and Various errors fixed. Nothing about performance or graphics.

I haven't finished Gamma yet and only got to Xavier Institute. Guess I need to finish those first
You might be able to access it in the Infinity Rift menu by pressing the R button. But if you have to finish the Xavier Institute chapter, then you may as well do that.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Cyclops is great, but definitely built more around crowd control and synergy than boss killing.

Colossus is a super strong tank. I'd even say he might be the best tank character. Also, I like that they gave him his MvC moveset.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Cyclops is great, but definitely built more around crowd control and synergy than boss killing.

Colossus is a super strong tank. I'd even say he might be the best tank character. Also, I like that they gave him his MvC moveset.

In general, the characters who also were featured in the Marvel VS. Capcom series had some of their abilities brought over to Ultimate Alliance 3. I really like that, as Infinite didn't deliver on that front (among other things).