• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Pick Colossus and any 3 characters with beam attacks (Iron Man, Cyclops, Thanos, Captain Marvel) and just walk around the level with synergy Cold Hard Steel activated.

Watch everyone die of laser beam poisoning.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
For me, I'm going to run some combination of the X-Men Arcade line-up for my second playthrough.

iu

I'm so psyched!

Oct 26, 2017
For me, I'm going to run some combination of the X-Men Arcade line-up for my second playthrough.

iu

I'm so psyched!

I'm definitely doing Cyclops/Colossus/Wolverine/Storm after I beat my Superior playthrough.

I'm still sad there's no "X-Men Arcade" team bonus, but interestingly for that team listed above, they get both the "X-Men" and "New X-Men" bonus for 25% increased strength.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to grind out levels, but it's just so slow and boring while I wait to get better ISOs....Blah...

Nov 14, 2017
I've been trying to grind out levels, but it's just so slow and boring while I wait to get better ISOs....Blah...

Personally, I stuck with the same 4 characters for all story mode difficulty levels and started level grinding three at a time through the Rush Infinity trials. I earned 12 Team Experience White ISOs and 2 Experience Blue ISOs which is making everything a breeeeze.

Edit: Omega Rush level 61 Wakanda is my favorite because the room is so small that the enemies are always clustered together.

Last edited:

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cyclops is available now? Might have to jump back on and complete this game

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What's a good way to level up Cyclops and Colossus?

Generally the best missions to level up are the highest level "rush" type stages in Infinity Rifts that you can finish (with the damage multiplication which makes taking out strong characters go much faster). As long as you go with one strong character above the mission's level it's generally possible to carry three weaker ones to end the mission. However, powerleveling in general is only recommended once you're in the omega rift and get to the Wakanda rush stage, since you can get drops for Team Exp ISOs there (although they're very rare).

Cyclops is available now? Might have to jump back on and complete this game

Yes, you just need to finish the X-Mansion level to unlock a new rift with missions to unlock Cyclops and Colossus (it's unlocked automatically if you're already past it).

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I stuck with the same 4 characters for all story mode difficulty levels and started level grinding three at a time through the Rush Infinity trials. I earned 12 Team Experience White ISOs and 2 Experience Blue ISOs which is making everything a breeeeze.

Edit: Omega Rush level 61 Wakanda is my favorite because the room is so small that the enemies are always clustered together.

Yeah, that's what I've been using. My Ms Marvel is 81 now, but trying to get a bunch of folks up for AP for nodes is rough without good XP ISOs ha.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I had several "boost rare ISO" equipped and got one in my first try there, but looking back that was just very lucky. I had go replay it 10 times or more to get more white Team Exp and blue Exp ISOs.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm considering timing and pacing anyone else think the third rift tab will be free dlc only(possibly with 2 more pairs of free characters) and then with paid dlc getting its own fourth tab

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Did the patch improve the frame rate? I've been waiting to pick this up as I love Marvel but the frame rate issues will prevent me from enjoying it so I'd rather wait.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
shit. told myself i'd wait for the moon knight DLC, but it's gonna be hard....
what's a good deal on this game right now? havent seen it much in the last few pages of B/S/T

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
shit. told myself i'd wait for the moon knight DLC, but it's gonna be hard....
what's a good deal on this game right now? havent seen it much in the last few pages of B/S/T
If you're US you may be able to get it at Walmart for $50 but it's been out a month has sold well and is a first party Nintendo game with the marvel name on it so you won't see many deals

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So when can you use Cyke and Colossus in the story?

I might just restart the game when I get back to it because I played like 1 hour at launch and then just dropped it for other stuff at the time.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
So when can you use Cyke and Colossus in the story?

I might just restart the game when I get back to it because I played like 1 hour at launch and then just dropped it for other stuff at the time.
You have to beat the Xavier Institute chapter, then you get access to the Infinity Rift that unlocks them.

LionelHutz

Mar 3, 2018
I love the game. But the lack of polish, camera angle torture, movement, frame rate and overall feel are woeful at times.

Nov 14, 2017
I finally level grinded the entire cast to 100 and came across a funny predicament: I ran out of the ability spheres needed to level up the abilities. I have about 4 characters that can't level up their attacks without it hahaaha.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
After the story, is there anything else I can play?
Theres a lot beyond the story. The profession to complete the game requires multiple story playthroughs at higher unlocked difficulties, that then unlock higher difficulty rifts.

Play the game with the intent to unlock thanos as a playable character and you'll be busy long beyond the initial story playthrough.

Nov 14, 2017
I just completed the Phi Infinity Trials. Unlocking Spider-Man's symbiote was the hardest for me because I'm not comfortable playing as Thanos for his solo trial. In case it helps anyone, here is the setup I used to three-star the challenge:

Thanos at level 100
2 Each Red ISO-8: Gives 3.4% HP recovery every 10.0 seconds
2 Each Orange ISO-8: Increases ability damage by 20.2%
Strategy: Incineration Beam all day, every day, from a distance. Use Thane's portals against him to avoid the confusion attack or use Ultimate Power to dodge. If you stay too close to him in the first half of the fight, Thane will attempt to trap you in a cube.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's safe to say that the Marvel Knights DLC won't contain a new story chapter.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think it's safe to say that the Marvel Knights DLC won't contain a new story chapter.
Um, not at all there was content in base they were tight lipped about till about release(Loki/Thanos). And at comic con they mentioned story chapters for dlc. They just haven't shown it yet

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yes, and there are still two more paid packs to come. They didn't say each of the three packs would contain story chapters.
No I mean since Comic Con they have been saying each dlc pack has a story chapter and official pr has been referring to the dlc pack title as chapter

Which is why it's not in the additional info since it leads the statement and they want to keep the details under wrap. Comic con was when the subtitle was revealed and the wording changed

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
No I mean since Comic Con they have been saying each dlc pack has a story chapter and official pr has been referring to the dlc pack title as chapter

Which is why it's not in the additional info since it leads the statement and they want to keep the details under wrap. Comic con was when the subtitle was revealed and the wording changed

The wording there doesn't inherently imply story content, though.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing I've learned from following the development/promo of video games, especially Marvel ones, is that if they don't outright say it or beat their chest about it, it's 99.99% not in the game and you're riding on your hopes and dreams wanting to believe.

Oct 26, 2017
I just started playing the team of Cyclops/Colossus/Wolverine/Storm and good lord they are fun.

Colossus in particular is so much fun, he's now my favorite character in the game so far. Those grabs are extremely satisfying.