• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Is there a way to stop bots doing synergies with you ?

It took me almost an hour to be able to break a wall with a friend because both captain america and iron man had the same sinergy with black widow so the bot would try to do a synergy and we wanted to make us =|

Also widow's skill is pretty good so it is a pain in the ass to see captain suddenly doing a synergy with it and TROWING THE SKILL IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah there's a couple ways it could go since the dataminer rechecked the code and they culled it down to 20 slots including Cyclops and Colossus which leaves us with 18 left. Now I could see it with 2 more free pairs then the final 2 dlcs having 5 each. Or heck could be all of them are getting 5-6 and we have no free left but time will tell. Then again if any of the four cut from the base game are dlc there's no garuntee they'll even use a dlc slot over their existing ones

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
If there are 18 characters left then I'd expect to see:
  • Punisher, Blade, Moon Knight, Morbius
  • Vision & Valkyrie (free update)
  • Jean Grey, Iceman, Gambit, and another X-Man
  • Black Bolt & Medusa (free update)
  • Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Thing, Silver Surfer, Doctor Doom (I think we're getting an F4 story chapter, so a few extra characters makes sense to me)
I hope the game does well enough to justify a second wave of DLC.

Last edited:

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
so i got a deal on a copy coming in next week!

i know marvel knights dlc is end of the month, but I'm dying to play with moony. should i wait or would he unlock later in the game anyway?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
i know marvel knights dlc is end of the month, but I'm dying to play with moony. should i wait or would he unlock later in the game anyway?
Unknown at this point. Cyclops and Colossus were DLC, and have to be unlocked via Infinity Trials. Though if I were to venture a guess I'd say the DLC pack will have it's own story making the new characters available immediately. But leveling can be a grind later on so start playing and try to get some of those +100% EXP ISOs.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Unknown at this point. Cyclops and Colossus were DLC, and have to be unlocked via Infinity Trials. Though if I were to venture a guess I'd say the DLC pack will have it's own story making the new characters available immediately. But leveling can be a grind later on so start playing and try to get some of those +100% EXP ISOs.

cheers! think ill do just that when it's in

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
so i got a deal on a copy coming in next week!

I mean it's also possible the characters are unlocked in a new story chapter but there's no idea of when that mission will take place so

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah there's a couple ways it could go since the dataminer rechecked the code and they culled it down to 20 slots including Cyclops and Colossus which leaves us with 18 left. Now I could see it with 2 more free pairs then the final 2 dlcs having 5 each. Or heck could be all of them are getting 5-6 and we have no free left but time will tell. Then again if any of the four cut from the base game are dlc there's no garuntee they'll even use a dlc slot over their existing ones
Is the data for Black Bolt, Medusa, Vision and Valkyrie still lumped in with the main roster? That could still mean 6 characters per season pass DLC.

EDIT> Those 4 are technically still with the base roster, according to datamineguy.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Is the data for Black Bolt, Medusa, Vision and Valkyrie still lumped in with the main roster? That could still mean 6 characters per season pass DLC.

EDIT> Those 4 are technically still with the base roster, according to datamineguy.
I thought Valkyrie didn't actually have combat animations and such like the others.

Oct 26, 2017
I started grinding for those +EXP isos now that I beat the story on Ultimate difficulty, and I've only managed to get two so far(two of the white +team EXP isos). Even with two, it really does make a difference when it comes to grinding character levels.

From level 60 to level 75 in 20-30 minutes of playtime on that one Wakanda Rush infinity trial. What I really need now are those white isos that increase the drop rate of other white isos, but I haven't found a single one yet.

LeoDroid

Aug 13, 2019
Brazil
I've already completed the game once. How do I grind for +XP ISO-8? And how do I unlock this Wakanda Rush Infinity Trial? I don't have it

Oct 26, 2017
I've already completed the game once. How do I grind for +XP ISO-8? And how do I unlock this Wakanda Rush Infinity Trial? I don't have it

There are two Wakanda Rush trials in question. One is unlocked in Superior difficulty, and the other is unlocked in Ultimate difficulty. One is used for grinding levels(the one unlocked in Superior), and one is used to grind for +XP isos(the one unlocked in Ultimate).

I don't remember where the Superior one unlocks at, it's a rift you have to interact with during the story mode. I think it might be in Chapter 3 or 4. The rift in Ultimate difficulty is located in Chapter 3/Shadowland.

LeoDroid

Aug 13, 2019
Brazil
There are two Wakanda Rush trials in question. One is unlocked in Superior difficulty, and the other is unlocked in Ultimate difficulty. One is used for grinding levels(the one unlocked in Superior), and one is used to grind for +XP isos(the one unlocked in Ultimate).

I don't remember where the Superior one unlocks at, it's a rift you have to interact with during the story mode. I think it might be in Chapter 3 or 4. The rift in Ultimate difficulty is located in Chapter 3/Shadowland.
Thanks for the help! So, I have to beat the game on Superior difficulty, and then again on Ultimate, can't I just beat it on Ultimate and unlock everything at once?

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the help! So, I have to beat the game on Superior difficulty, and then again on Ultimate, can't I just beat it on Ultimate and unlock everything at once?
Ultimate only unlocks once you beat Superior.

What you want to do is get to the Asgard chapter in Superior and get the blue ISO that gives one character a XP boost, from the crate behind the big Heimdall statue. That's the only one you get until you unlock Ultimate difficulty, because that's when the XP and team XP ISOs start dropping.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
What's a good level team for Superior (and then Ultimate?). I divided my time between every character on my first run, which was fun but I assume I'll be needing to focus on just one super powerful team for harder difficulty runs.

Oct 26, 2017
What's a good level team for Superior (and then Ultimate?). I divided my time between every character on my first run, which was fun but I assume I'll be needing to focus on just one super powerful team for harder difficulty runs.

Usually if your team is at the level indicated in the pause menu during story mode, then you'll be fine. In the case of Superior, the pause screen says "Level 40" when you start on the Kree Ship. So, Level 40+ is a good place to be for Superior, and by the time you finish Superior, you'll be at the recommended level for Ultimate, too.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Usually if your team is at the level indicated in the pause menu during story mode, then you'll be fine. In the case of Superior, the pause screen says "Level 40" when you start on the Kree Ship. So, Level 40+ is a good place to be for Superior, and by the time you finish Superior, you'll be at the recommended level for Ultimate, too.
Good stuff. I've got a few 40+ characters already so that should be an easy way to ease into the difficulty. Thanks.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
This has probably been answered but. Are there infinity trials which are only accessible in the higher difficulty levels?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This has probably been answered but. Are there infinity trials which are only accessible in the higher difficulty levels?

Yes. You unlock battles in two extra rifts throughout the Superior and Ultimate difficulties (they're the same rifts from the starting modes in the stages themselves, but unlock different battles when you get to them).

Last edited:

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the strategy people are using to pick teams? I'd love to switch around and try different characters, but it seems like the game just wants you to pick 4 and stick with them throughout or be underlevelled all game long with new characters? Did everyone just pick four characters and stick with them basically the whole game?

Oct 26, 2017
So what's the strategy people are using to pick teams? I'd love to switch around and try different characters, but it seems like the game just wants you to pick 4 and stick with them throughout or be underlevelled all game long with new characters? Did everyone just pick four characters and stick with them basically the whole game?

My strategy:

Beat the game on Heroic with one team.

Dump some XP cubes into another team for Superior until they're level 40, then beat the game on Superior.

Start grinding the Wakanda Rush infinity trial that I unlock through beating Superior for future teams. Even without any +XP Iso-8s, you still get like 1 and a half levels per run of it. Once you beat Ultimate difficulty, you can start grinding +XP Iso-8s, and make the level grind much, much faster.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Dump some XP cubes into another team for Superior until they're level 40, then beat the game on Superior.

Start grinding the Wakanda Rush infinity trial that I unlock through beating Superior for future teams. Even without any +XP Iso-8s, you still get like 1 and a half levels per run of it. Once you beat Ultimate difficulty, you can start grinding +XP Iso-8s, and make the level grind much, much faster.

You don't even need to "beat" Ultimate difficulty, just get far enough that the Wakanda Rush trial is unlocked in the Omega Rift.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
My strategy:

Why use a different team in superior? Why not keep using your main 4?

Oct 26, 2017
Why use a different team in superior? Why not keep using your main 4?

You could if you wanted to, but after beating the game for the first time I wanted to use a different team for the second outing, and I had enough XP cubes that I didn't really have to grind infinity trials to get my second team to level 40--the recommended level for starting Superior difficulty.

I settled on Drax, Elsa Bloodstone, Ghost Rider and Spider Gwen for my Heroic playthrough.

Then I used Luke Cage, Psylocke, Elektra and Venom for my Superior playthrough. Then, for the Ultimate playthrough I used Cyclops, Colossus, Wolverine and Storm.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's easy to set-up and use entirely new teams for new playthroughs, and even just testing out new party members mid-playthrough, especially after you beat Superior and the grinding engine goes full steam.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me what I need to do here and how to do it? Please? Looks like I have to pull off a shock attack and uh, what is the other one? Looks like a swimming attack, lol. How do I do that? Using two different characters some how?

EETUZI9UwAESnhv.jpg

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone tell me what I need to do here and how to do it? Please? Looks like I have to pull off a shock attack and uh, what is the other one? Looks like a swimming attack, lol. How do I do that? Using two different characters some how?

EETUZI9UwAESnhv.jpg

You got up to that part of the game without ever using Synergy attacks? Synergy attacks are special attacks where two characters attack it once. Hold ZR when using the special rather than R, and then use an electric attack and the AI should automatically pair up the correct one to break that barrier.

Synergy attacks are very important because they can stun standard enemies even when they still have stun gauge and also take larger amounts of health and stun gauge from bosses. The game wants you using those fairly often.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
You got up to that part of the game without ever using Synergy attacks? Synergy attacks are special attacks where two characters attack it once. Hold ZR when using the special rather than R, and then use an electric attack and the AI should automatically pair up the correct one to break that barrier.

Synergy attacks are very important because they can stun standard enemies even when they still have stun gauge and also take larger amounts of health and stun gauge from bosses. The game wants you using those fairly often.
Yeah, I haven't used these at all, thanks. I'll try to start using them.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
okay so if i handled doc ock in the main story a little while ago, why is it in the infinity trial my level 12 team is doing like chip damage to him now

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
okay so if i handled doc ock in the main story a little while ago, why is it in the infinity trial my level 12 team is doing like chip damage to him now

Did you check the description of the battle? I'm pretty sure he has one where only synergy attacks (or the max super attacks, I can't remember which one right now) damage him (but you can charge your special attacks faster than usual).

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
oh
are synergy the ones where i keep missing the que to push A?
also I'm rolling a lot but how do you guard again

You roll by pressing the guard button and a direction, so just hold the button if you want to just block. Synergy attacks can be triggered in two ways - if someone else initiates an attack you want to team up with you can quickly press A. If you want to start the attack, hold ZR to use the attack, rather than R. The attacks should be highlighted if another character in your party can team up with them and are close to the player character (when you unlock more attacks you'll have an easier time finding combos).

Last edited:

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
You roll by pressing the guard button and a direction, so just hold the button if you want to just block. Synergy attacks can be triggered in two ways - if someone else initiates an attack you want to team up with you can quickly press A. If you want to start the attack, hold ZR to use the attack, rather than R. You should get the attacks that another character in your party can team up with highlighted if the other character is close to the one you're controlling.

cheers!
is there an indicator aside from the quick A flash i keep missing, when a teammate initiates it?

also is it my setup or are the voices sometimes low here

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
so i know the game wants me to be switching characters out

but i love daredevil, iron fist, cap and Ms marvel and don't really wanna mess with others till Moon Knight shows up

is there a reason i should level up the others?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
so i know the game wants me to be switching characters out

but i love daredevil, iron fist, cap and Ms marvel and don't really wanna mess with others till Moon Knight shows up

is there a reason i should level up the others?

No, the game doesn't actually want you to keep switching characters. It's kind of annoying considering the large cast, but during most of the game it's better to stick with a single party (or replace one of them with a newcomer you just got, since they join at the proper level, but don't go back to unused characters, you can't keep the entire roster on the same level during most of the game). If you don't use any XP Cubes, you should have enough to build a 2nd lvl 40 party for the Superior difficulty though.

It's only after finishing superior and unlocking a couple of battles in the Omega Rifts that you get a really good place for quick grinding (which also drops the XP enhancing ISOs).

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
so i really don't wanna look at a guide online & spoil future characters - what are the best abilities for cap, DD, ms marvel & iron fist? I'm experimenting but was hoping for input here
thanks by the way y'all!

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
so i really don't wanna look at a guide online & spoil future characters - what are the best abilities for cap, DD, ms marvel & iron fist? I'm experimenting but was hoping for input here
thanks by the way y'all!
I don't know what level your team is around but I'm guessing they are all over Level 20. I don't know if you've started getting ISO-8s yet, but I can add info for those in a different post because those things are useful.

Ms. Marvel - Spend your early ability points on Sweet Combo Attack! and Giant Foot Spinny Thing! She has no bad abilities but those are her two best. Sweet Combo Attack kills bosses in seconds. Giant Foot Spinny Thing kills grunts in seconds.
Daredevil - He's very similar to Ms. Marvel. Prioritise Billy Club Blitz and Blind Fury first, but all are good.
Captain America - I think Cap works best as a support character. Considering how you've built your team, I would spend points on Super Soldiers and Shield Strike. Shield Dash is okay, but Ms. Marvel and Daredevil melt stagger bar better. If you had a character with projectile attacks, then buff Absolute Defense.
Iron Fist - He's okay. None of his abilities are bad, I'd say work on Thunder Kick and Rise Of The Dragon first. That setup enhances his boss-killing abilities. Do Thunder Kick then Rise Of The Dragon, rinse, repeat.

I would think about switching Iron Fist for a character with elemental abilities like Star-Lord, Wasp, Crystal or Miles Morales. Much better synergy attack potential with the other 3 characters.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
I don't know what level your team is around but I'm guessing they are all over Level 20. I don't know if you've started getting ISO-8s yet, but I can add info for those in a different post because those things are useful.

I would think about switching Iron Fist for a character with elemental abilities like Star-Lord, Wasp, Crystal or Miles Morales. Much better synergy attack potential with the other 3 characters.

thank you for this post - yeah, were level 23/24, @ dark dimension (just got ghost rider) so its not too late to switch things up - i love danny but i know he's the weak link here. you've got me wanting to bench him for miles. what are his best abilities?

daredevil has the iso-8 for 500 str (modded to 600, not sure i should keep modding?), cap has the 500 resilience, nobody is rocking the 500 mastery cause i don't think it'd help this lineup. any thoughts? and thanks again!

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
also! just noticed I'd been dropped down to friendly after getting my ass kicked last night - does this affect XP/anything? not sure how to switch it back

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
thank you for this post - yeah, were level 23/24, @ dark dimension (just got ghost rider) so its not too late to switch things up - i love danny but i know he's the weak link here. you've got me wanting to bench him for miles. what are his best abilities?

daredevil has the iso-8 for 500 str (modded to 600, not sure i should keep modding?), cap has the 500 resilience, nobody is rocking the 500 mastery cause i don't think it'd help this lineup. any thoughts? and thanks again!
No problem. Miles' best things are he's got a projectile (Web Shooter) which is great for synergy attacks (Cap's Shield, Kamala and Matt's spin to wins). All his other abilities are good too. He's got Shock as a base attribute which Paralyses grunts and enables constant crit damage. And he's got a fast travel move.

I'd give Miles that Mastery ISO and try to find orange ones that buff Shock and Paralysis damage.