• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Potoskull

Dec 12, 2017
I've looked at every menu and I can't find a story option in the new expansion. I don't even know how to unlock the new characters!

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
But the tweet from Nintendo mentions Gauntlet mode separately from the new story 🤔

Good thing I waited on the DLC to come out before deciding to buy it or not.
You can replay the old story with enemies that drain health and have other special properties, but it's otherwise exactly the same as before. "New story scenario" is super disingenuous.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You can replay the old story with enemies that drain health and have other special properties, but it's otherwise exactly the same as before. "New story scenario" is super disingenuous.
Brutal. That's really slimy for a first-party game.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Actually Gauntlet has new story content as it's mission briefs and narrations tell a completely new story and definitely count as story content, just not in the previous form

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You've been singing a completely different tune for the past few weeks.
I'm an optimist with high expectations, (shrug), but I'm flexible enough that doing a unique little sidestory self contained in a side mode's flavor text is cool enough for me and allows for it to be more standalone

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
How is scarlet witch healing?

I don't remember her being mentioned in this thread so I will take she is not that good overall but can you iso8 buff her to be an awesome healer and nothing else ?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The select screen will probably end up looking like this:

il7ao5K.png

I'm still hoping for some more bonus characters, though. The NPCs already have so much work done on them. They even have S.H.I.E.L.D. Depot quips!

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

il7ao5K.png

I'm still hoping for some more bonus characters, though. The NPCs already have so much work done on them. They even have S.H.I.E.L.D. Depot quips!
Yeah something to consider is while even though only one pack has released these are considered one set under the pass, while from what we saw with Cyclops and Colossus free dlc characters are considered part of the base when they are added but treated as they don't exist until that point

I'm still hoping that Black Bolt and Medusa will be announced as this months free ones at NYCC Friday. We'll likely see the roster and subtitle of the X-men pack at least, but I'd imagine we'd see the free ones too

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

il7ao5K.png

It is funny that the "demon killers" are also togheter ... blade, morbius, elsa, dr strange and ghost rider

which makes me think how the HELL are they going to fit medusa and blackbolt next to crystal

LeoDroid

Aug 13, 2019
Brazil
Wow this update came with a lot of new things! Just bought the Expansion Pass, the new characters look awesome! Sadly I won't be able to play for now as I'm full of university assignments :(

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Blade can equip elemental effect ISOs like other weapon users, even though it says he can't.

Also that ISO fragment % booster white ISO-8 is a godsend. I got 3 A team XP ISOs drop or of nowhere and the game is stingy with white and rainbow fragments.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
What do you guys suggest in terms of ISOs for Storm/Elektra/Cyclops? I am having such a blast with this team right now.

Also is the Wakanda rift you unlock in Chapter 3 of Superior mode still the best place to farm XP isos?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I've completed the Wakanda rift at least a dozen times and haven't unlocked a single XP ISO from it. I think I'm doing something wrong.

Oct 26, 2017
I've completed the Wakanda rift at least a dozen times and haven't unlocked a single XP ISO from it. I think I'm doing something wrong.

They're really, really rare.

I would honestly try to farm the white isos that give you a +drop rate on white isos, because that'll make your hunt much, much easier.

Both the +team XP isos and the +drop rate for white isos have the same drop rate, I believe. Which is to say, very rare. That said, you can really mitigate the hunt with those +drop rate isos.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
They're really, really rare.

I would honestly try to farm the white isos that give you a +drop rate on white isos, because that'll make your hunt much, much easier.

Both the +team XP isos and the +drop rate for white isos have the same drop rate, I believe. Which is to say, very rare. That said, you can really mitigate the hunt with those +drop rate isos.
Yep I'm doing like a 48% Rare iso totaland a white up on boosted up on Colossus

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

You'll have to keep grinding for them. There's a rainbow ISO that you get that'll start you off with a 10% increase in item drop rate. When fully upgraded, it'll increase items to drop at 300%. You should definitely equip that to one of your characters.

From there, equip ISOs that increases the appearance of white ISOs. Then equip the ones that increase rare ISOs, and finally equip the ISO that increases the chance of a higher grade ISO-8. If you don't have an ISO that increases the appearance of white ISOs, you can try the blue one to get the blue ISO that boosts individual XP. While not as good as the Team XP, at least it's something rather than nothing.