• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
You'll have to keep grinding for them. There's a rainbow ISO that you get that'll start you off with a 10% increase in item drop rate. When fully upgraded, it'll increase items to drop at 300%. You should definitely equip that to one of your characters.

From there, equip ISOs that increases the appearance of white ISOs. Then equip the ones that increase rare ISOs, and finally equip the ISO that increases the chance of a higher grade ISO-8. If you don't have an ISO that increases the appearance of white ISOs, you can try the blue one to get the blue ISO that boosts individual XP. While not as good as the Team XP, at least it's something rather than nothing.
I'll give this a try. Thanks.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Going from level 6-100 is a lot quicker than 100-150. lol
I think I only have six characters at 150; it's going to take a while to get everyone else up there.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know the S+ requirements for the Avengers Tower and Dark Dimension Countdown mission in the psi rift? I can speed through the maps in barely any time, or kill everything but can't manage better than S.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Ok, I got the DLC and finally got all 4 stars/challenges on the first Gauntlet mission, Outbreak. That didnt open up any other Gauntlet missions and I dont see a way to go forward.

Ok apparently you have to be a past certain points in story mode, they just dont tell you that.

Last edited:

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to nut out what rift gets you more XP for power leveling, and it seems the Lv48 Wakanda Rush rift in Lambda works better than the Omega trials, because the looping Ms Marvel > Miles > Gwen > Dr Strange boss rush nets you a lot of XP.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So am I missing something or does the DLC pack have no actual story content? Like I was expecting cutscenes with the new characters and a unique level and boss.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
No its just Gauntlet missions.

Finished my first run thru, 4 guys at 40 and I had to drop to friendly in the (dark) middle. Looking at Infinity and Gauntlet for unlocks and I cant get even close on the Blade timed mission.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Is the red Super Soldier costume for Captain America actually based on anything? It's odd since it actually has an unique pattern for the red part, rather than just being a direct color swap like most color variations.

Oct 26, 2017
PadWarrior How are you leveling so quick???

I can't speak for him, but with a lot of those White +team XP isos, and grinding the Wakanda Rush trial where you fight the constantly respawning Ms. Marvel/Spider-Gwen/Miles bosses, you can level up on the quick.

It takes some grinding in order to get those +team XP isos, but once you get a bunch of them, you can make leveling up to max a total breeze.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for a newbie? Doing the story atm, up to Ultron.

Got the season pass and got a level 20 odd Deadpool for free?

Just wondering what upgrades are best and how to unlock costumes etc

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Any tips for a newbie? Doing the story atm, up to Ultron.
The game really wants you to use synergy attacks rather than just fighting with one character solo. They knock down enemies that have gauges like they were the standard grunts and take out big chunks of the stagger gauge of bosses, even though they don't throw them around.

Just wondering what upgrades are best and how to unlock costumes etc

Usually you'll want to upgrade most attacks equally in order to have more options for synergy attacks. As far as items/equipments go, they really don't add all that much early in the game, but you'd likely focus on purple strength ISOs (physical attacks, including bullets/web balls), orange mastery bonus (energy attacks), or ISOs that boost your health (red) or energy point (blue) gain. There's a type of purple ISO that boosts the damage your characters do, but also makes them take more damage, and I think these are pretty useful initially for characters with mixed attacks, since they're a general boost.

MUCH later in the game, by the time you're in the Omega Rift and Ultimate difficulty story you start getting some actually good ISOs that can be more useful in other ways (like reducing all damage, amplifying all damage, big boosts to specific elements that are useful for some characters - like fire for Ghost Rider, regeneration, BIG boosts to experience gain or to drops of specific ISOs, etc). The curve of this game is kind of dumb since you get a system like the ISOs that might go mostly unused if the player stops after finishing the story.

Costumes are unlocked in the Trials/Infinity Rifts (mostly color swaps, but the last rift has unique costumes for Spider-man, Hulk and C.Marvel), the new store in the DLC/Gauntlet mode menu (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, color swaps for the unique costumes, likely future costumes added in updates too) and later stages of the gauntlet mode (DLC-only) for the color swap of the first batch of DLC characters.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The game really wants you to use synergy attacks rather than just fighting with one character solo. They knock down enemies that have gauges like they were the standard grunts and take out big chunks of the stagger gauge of bosses, even though they don't throw them around.

Usually you'll want to upgrade most attacks equally in order to have more options for synergy attacks. As far as items/equipments go, they really don't add all that much early in the game, but you'd likely focus on purple strength ISOs (physical attacks, including bullets/web balls), orange mastery bonus (energy attacks), or ISOs that boost your health (red) or energy point (blue) gain. There's a type of purple ISO that boosts the damage your characters do, but also makes them take more damage, and I think these are pretty useful initially for characters with mixed attacks, since they're a general boost. When you

MUCH later in the game, by the time you're in the Omega Rift and Ultimate difficulty story you start getting some actually good ISOs that can be more useful in other ways (like reducing all damage, amplifying all damage, big boosts to specific elements that are useful for some characters - like fire for Ghost Rider, regeneration, BIG boosts to experience gain or to drops of specific ISOs, etc). The curve of this game is kind of dumb since you get a system like the ISOs that might go mostly unused if the player stops after finishing the story.

Costumes are unlocked in the Trials/Infinity Rifts (mostly color swaps, but the last rift has unique costumes for Spider-man, Hulk and C.Marvel), the new store in the DLC/Gauntlet mode menu (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, color swaps for the unique costumes, likely future costumes added in updates too) and later stages of the gauntlet mode (DLC-only) for the color swap of the first batch of DLC characters.
Much appreciated. Thank you :D

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I hadn't thought of that. Is it likely that we will get more free characters? Are the expansion pass characters supposed to be receiving costumes too?
Unknown on paid dlc characters getting costumes as part of the standard sweep at least. On free characters the files show Four that were cut in development that could be candidates but the fact of the matter is we won't know till they are announced

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
UGH

Whoever designed the fight to unlock Thanos is evil.

Reversal of controls (one of the worst game design features ever. Just frustrating! ) and constant bombardment. This is simply NOT FUN.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oooo someone managed to mod the four cut base Mua3 characters into the team menu(not playable though)

Gives a little hope we'll see them down the road as free dlc

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
UGH

Whoever designed the fight to unlock Thanos is evil.

Reversal of controls (one of the worst game design features ever. Just frustrating! ) and constant bombardment. This is simply NOT FUN.

I was just annoyed by the level jump. Even by the time I managed to clear every other battle in that rift with all stars, I only could barely manage to get Thanos, and had to go back there a while later, with higher level characters.

Oct 25, 2017
so has there been any releases for betyter costumes than "normal spiderman, reskin sybiote suit spiderman" etc...

like more effort than recolors?

LeoDroid

Aug 13, 2019
Brazil
Oooo someone managed to mod the four cut base Mua3 characters into the team menu(not playable though)

Gives a little hope we'll see them down the road as free dlc

Wow! This reminds me that we haven't heard anything new from the game for a few weeks now, I thought we were getting new free characters/costumes at the end of last month, guess we may be getting this month now

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
so has there been any releases for betyter costumes than "normal spiderman, reskin sybiote suit spiderman" etc...

like more effort than recolors?

marvel-ultimate-allianec-3-dlc-costumes-1189655.jpeg

Spider-man, Captain Marvel, Hulk (unlocked from high level Rifts), Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Black Panther (new in-game gauntlet store) have gotten unique alt costumes from updates. The alt models also have color variations of their own that can be bought in the gauntlet store too, like Symbiote Spider-man recolored as Iron Spider (comic version) and Super Soldier Steve with a red and black costume.

We're supposed to get actual costumes for all characters, but there's no date for when they will be all out aside from early next year.

Wow! This reminds me that we haven't heard anything new from the game for a few weeks now, I thought we were getting new free characters/costumes at the end of last month, guess we may be getting this month now

Yeah, August we got free costumes and 2 characters, September we got the paid DLC alongside free costumes, now in October we got nothing. At the end of this month we'll get another DLC pack though which likely will come alongside more free costumes.

LeoDroid

Aug 13, 2019
Brazil
Yeah, August we got free costumes and 2 characters, September we got the paid DLC alongside free costumes, now in October we got nothing. At the end of this month we'll get another DLC pack though which likely will come alongside more free costumes.
Yes I'm very hopeful that we'll get the new free costumes/characters this month! And I think they said the next wave of paid DLC comes before the end of 2019 if I'm not mistaken

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
I'm surprised this game didn't do massive numbers, to be honest. It's a massively hot IP on a massively hot console.

The endgame is boring me but I also feel compelled to do it.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm surprised this game didn't do massive numbers, to be honest. It's a massively hot IP on a massively hot console.

The endgame is boring me but I also feel compelled to do it.
It did better than previous games and charted its first two months. Personally I expect it to pop up again over the next two months with the first holiday boost combined with second dlc pack advertising(which is why I think the announcement will be before Black Friday)

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, but I really thought it would be a breakout, huge success considering how well it ties into Endgame.

I think the overall gameplay and presentation were too conservative for that. I like how the game can actually get challenging at times, but the synergy system, unflinching enemies and camera (aerial view which looks old and is oddly flawed in practice, alongside an action camera that has issues and is limited) likely hold it back. It'd probably have done better if they just went all-in on making it an action game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the overall gameplay and presentation were too conservative for that. I like how the game can actually get challenging at times, but the synergy system, unflinching enemies and camera (aerial view which looks old and is oddly flawed in practice, alongside an action camera that has issues and is limited) likely hold it back. It'd probably have done better if they just went all-in on making it an action game.
they should have built off of the first two MUA games instead of Marvel Super Heroes

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I went thru 3 or 4 times with my X-men squad, did a couple of rounds sorting thru ISOs, and even started a Halloween crew (DD, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Morbius).

Once the powers are leveled up, I feel like its all grinding. None of my team are strong enough to take on some of the alt costume or character challenges, and I just got a bit burned out.

So I was waiting for the next DLC update to dive back in, but it would have to be more X-men or someone really fun to play. I really dont care about Inhumans (said most people, I believe).

No real complaints though, I played a lot if MUA1 and quit MUA2 halfway thru from the lack of RPG elements. I guess its all ISO mgmt from here.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Just got a Switch, and MUA3 was one of my main killer apps. I've played to just past Sandman on Mighty difficulty, and I'm finding that it's actually a bit of a challenge at times which is good! I actually had one person go down and that was during the Sandman fight, final phase. I kind of wished that light-heavy combos were in the game, but then I thought about how little they actually added to my MUA1 and 2 experiences. Instead, I'm liking how the early gameplay already has a lot of emphasis on doing a couple of swings and dodging out, particularly during the boss fights. The game also looks a lot better than I expected on my 1440p monitor, but that might just be the art style covering up the blur, blockiness, and loss of detail from the mismatched resolutions.

Any specific tips and tricks that you guys think are useful to know as I start this?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just got a Switch, and MUA3 was one of my main killer apps. I've played to just past Sandman on Mighty difficulty, and I'm finding that it's actually a bit of a challenge at times which is good! I actually had one person go down and that was during the Sandman fight, final phase. I kind of wished that light-heavy combos were in the game, but then I thought about how little they actually added to my MUA1 and 2 experiences. Instead, I'm liking how the early gameplay already has a lot of emphasis on doing a couple of swings and dodging out, particularly during the boss fights. The game also looks a lot better than I expected on my 1440p monitor, but that might just be the art style covering up the blur, blockiness, and loss of detail from the mismatched resolutions.

Any specific tips and tricks that you guys think are useful to know as I start this?
If you're having trouble make sure your team is at or a few above the reccomended levels, if they aren't find the infinity trials and grind a little(there's a rift in each level that's the default but wave and rush are the best) when a character joins you that's your chance to try them out. If you like someone keep them in your team because you have to put in the time to level them up first time through(grinding gets easier when you unlock certain rifts and iso8's).

oh and when the rift unlocks make sure you unlock colossus, he's really useful for cheesing certain bosses. Oh and r is solo abilities Zr is for synergy attacks which do the big damage, make sure your team has a few(character select now shows them)

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered a Switch and super excited to check this out. Question about co op, is it possible to do a mix of couch and online? For instance my partner and I locally playing with two friends online?

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Wow, some of these Infinity Trials are no joke. Just failed the one to unlock Colossus that's level 23 with a mix of level 22-25. The AI characters keep dying from a certain part of the fight....