• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Whelp, looks like I was way wrong about there being no story content. Psyched to play through it shortly. Loving all this good DLC that's dropping right now.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Just getting back to the game after months. How do I unlock Old Logan costume? I don't understand the events thing. If the event is over I can't get the rewards anymore? I think the Logan costume is buried in an event that is already expired.

Oct 25, 2017
Just getting back to the game after months. How do I unlock Old Logan costume? I don't understand the events thing. If the event is over I can't get the rewards anymore? I think the Logan costume is buried in an event that is already expired.

after the event ends, the costumes end up in the shield depot. didn't buy old man logan, but i got punk storm and house of m nightcrawler and those are from the same dlc pack.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know where The Thing's alternate color is located? I'm assuming it's in a crate somewhere in story mode.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Did we get any quality of life patches between now and launch? Slightly better performance and what not?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I found The Thing's alternate color, and I noticed I'm at 14/15 for prizes on all difficulties. Is there a crate hidden somewhere that isn't super obvious?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I found The Thing's alternate color, and I noticed I'm at 14/15 for prizes on all difficulties. Is there a crate hidden somewhere that isn't super obvious?
It's a known glitch, will be fixed in the next patch, same with the rift retry glitch(there is a workaround for that one)

There's also still a number of costumes missing so there should a final set of events too

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Mr. Fantastic can do infinite air attacks if you press Y or X when he bounces on the ground. It's pretty powerful.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, I wanted to ask a question about DLC 3, Shadow of Doom. As a huge Fantastic Four fan I couldn't resist buying the expansion. But I never finished the vanilla. So now I'm going through that first, mission 7.

How come other two DLCs are already unlocked whereas DLC 3 is still shadowed for me. When can I enter that content?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
You have to finish the main story to get access to the Shadow Of Doom story because it's considered an epilogue.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I have renewed my interest in leveling Psylocke mostly for her Psychic Knife charge attack that, unlike most other lunging attacks, can hit multiple times on the same target if you line it up so that she hits and stops moving on your target. If you line it up right, she can take off about 1/2-3/4 of a boss' stagger bar in one hit, and this doesn't require any special conditions (like having the enemy next to a wall although bigger enemies are easier to do this with). I'm also aware of using The Hulk's charge attack against enemies up against a wall for multiple hits as well as using Cyclop's richochet shot in small arenas with parallel walls for massive damage. Any other heroes and moves that have interesting mechanics that may not be obvious?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The last fight was tough as shit in a good way. Super satisfying to beat with the Fantastic 4 characters out of the gate (all around level 49).

Loved this. The way they did Doom was great. Aside from UMvC3 which is it's own thing, I don't remember the last time Doom was so well realized in a video game.

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please help me get through the shadow of doom gauntlets? I'm under levelled but I need that Doom costume :(

Thanks

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Loving the DLCs. So far I've only played with Blade and Punisher, and I love both.

Blade is really good, feels nimble and strong, and I love charging my attacks. Punisher is not that powerful, but very fun to play and different from other characters.

Can't wait to play with Cable and Gambit.

Which character are your favorite?

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Wow, the final unlockable character feels really powerful! I was smiling the entire time I was playing them! They did a good job of giving them some decent negatives to balance them out however.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Which character are your favorite?

My favorites in the base game are probably Captain America, Spider-Man and Cyclops. Captain America just feels like he has a tool for everything. Standard rush attack for synergies, power up, ricochet for solo attacks and shield for reflector or defense in a few special occasions. As far as Spider-Man goes, I just love his movement. The way his strong attack flows into his webslinging makes me feel like I'm playing an entirely different game when I'm using him. Whenever I used the older Spider-man related characters they feel crippled without something similar to that. Cyclops has that great ricochet beam and the ability to move while firing, in that to the ground bounce attack which is basically a melee option for him as far as mechanics go.

As far as the DLC goes, I liked Punisher because he feels different in a basic way from the other characters, surprisingly standing out even from the other gunslingers, with stuff like his grenade/slash attack or the strong sniper hit. Mr.Fantastic also ended up surprisingly fun and well animated, even if he is a more standard melee focused character.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm missing two pieces of gallery artwork but I'm not sure what they are. I've unlocked every alternate costume and found every piece of treasure in story mode.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I think the top tiers among the non-paid cast include Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Hulk, Star-Lord, Wolverine, Thor, Wasp, Black Panther, Colossus, Psylocke and Storm. No one is really bad though, except for maybe Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch, and even then they're still alright.

There's an online team builder that let's you find out the best synergies.

https://www.dnawoods.com/mua/

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Loving the DLC. The Fantastic Four are so overpowered, I love it. The jump attack of Mr. Fantastic is... fantastic. Burning the entire battlefield with Human Torch is so much fun.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The level scaling in this game is kind of stupid. It's very hard to get to level 150, but afterwards you actually need less experience to level up since Koei apparently heard the complaints about grinding... but didn't fix the 100-150 progression.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
The level scaling in this game is kind of stupid. It's very hard to get to level 150, but afterwards you actually need less experience to level up since Koei apparently heard the complaints about grinding... but didn't fix the 100-150 progression.
The fact that the best way to level up characters is via items and NOT by playing as them is worse. The leveling experience is dreadful across the board. I haven't even gotten anyone to 100 yet.

Oct 26, 2017
I finally jumped onto the expansion pack for this game, and after unlocking the Marvel Knights and the X-Men, I finally started playing the story epilogue. I just unlocked the Fantastic Four, and I'm so happy to see them back in action, particularly my boy Ben Grimm. I'll see about finishing the story later this week, then I'll tackle the gauntlet modes.

The fact that the best way to level up characters is via items and NOT by playing as them is worse. The leveling experience is dreadful across the board. I haven't even gotten anyone to 100 yet.

Are the white +team XP Isos no longer the key to fast leveling?

Because I've got ten of them, for nearly a +1000% increase for XP gain across the entire team, and I can still get more for even more XP bonuses.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I finally jumped onto the expansion pack for this game, and after unlocking the Marvel Knights and the X-Men, I finally started playing the story epilogue. I just unlocked the Fantastic Four, and I'm so happy to see them back in action, particularly my boy Ben Grimm. I'll see about finishing the story later this week, then I'll tackle the gauntlet modes.

Are the white +team XP Isos no longer the key to fast leveling?

Because I've got ten of them, for nearly a +1000% increase for XP gain across the entire team, and I can still get more for even more XP bonuses.
Sure. But you have to grind to get those and they're only available on the harder difficulty. It's arguably easier to just grind money and buy cubes from the shield Depot.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Did we get any quality of life patches between now and launch? Slightly better performance and what not?
This is what I came to ask. Any quality of life improvements anywhere else, some stuff in the menus were super tedious.

Like I remember certain item titles in the menus wouldn't even display fully and you would have to wait for the name to scroll slowly to read it all.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Is there an actual tier list?

Miles has been my go to guy from the start, but I want to see if there's a new champ I can try out now that I'm at the end and trying to hit max levels.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is there an actual tier list?

Miles has been my go to guy from the start, but I want to see if there's a new champ I can try out now that I'm at the end and trying to hit max levels.
Anyone can be good, attack synergies can be a useful thing to keep track of. Wasp is one of my faves and high tier, Mr Fantastic(all the F4 for that matter) are highly regarded. Crystal was my main in the base game. But really just find someone you find fun and give it a go

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I get that, I wanted to see a tier list out of curiosity. I've already completed the game and DLC, so at this point it's research of new teams.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've picked this up again now that new story DLC is out. I'm not terribly thrilled about the Fantastic Four in terms of how they play. Mr. Fantastic seems to have a decent moveset, but I can't really replace my older teams with these guys.