• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the deal with reviews for this game? I assume embargo doesn't end until launch day. The game is out in two days, and I feel like I know so little about it.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Hyrule Warriors and MMOs Prepared Me for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3's Improved Combat
Ooh. That's not a headline that's gonna excite everyone but it sounds good to me!
Especially with the FF14 comparisons in the article. And the stagger system could be pretty fun.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Every preview I've seen and read so far seems to be happy with the character variety and how combat feels. Looking good so far!

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I'm still on the fence about this one... I think I'm more interested in the first wave of player impressions rather than outlet reviews. I need to know if this game still sticks the landing after a week of play.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
The GameXplain's preview ain't super hot and it kind of lines up with how I've been feeling about this game from trailers.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Still on the fence with this one. Huge Marvel fan and it would work well as a game to make the wait for Fire Emblem more bearable, but I'd really like to know more about the lenght and the overall feel of the game before making a decision. That embargo date being so late for reviews scares me.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
GameXPlain say a lot that coop looks more messy but never shows it =(

I just want local coop footage is it asking too much ? xD

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
GameXplain preview is basically "eh, it's ok I guess", so I'm expecting a "meh" or "I like it" at best from them.

WhatCulture Gaming preview is more positive overall.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Okay, bosses having a Final Fantasy XIV style attack marker is genius. I love it.

Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-3-Preview-Shot-01.jpg

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
The GameXplain's preview ain't super hot and it kind of lines up with how I've been feeling about this game from trailers.

GameXplain hates the series so huge surprise. It has been specifically said that the game is trying to feel like the old games, so yeah, if you don't like those, you probably won't like this one.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
USGamer cruelly confirmed Beast as merely a background man in their DLC theorising article, boooooo

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably better watch more opinions on this one.

For some reason GX has been pretty lukewarm to this title since it was shown; they called "E3's lowest point" or something.

It seems they aren't fans of the genre so it wouldn't do much for them either way.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what happens when you coop with just two players online?
Can you freely switch even to each others characters (if they switch off first)?
Or is it 2 players + 2 bots locked? Select and switch between two characters each?

Last edited:

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I'm expecting reviews in the 75% area unless the TV adverts are not doing it any favours.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what happens with you coop with just two players online?
Can you freely switch even to each others characters (if they switch off first)?
Or is it 2 players + 2 bots locked? Select and switch between two characters each?

Still waiting on this, nobody knows how online works

xem

Oct 31, 2017
I need to know if i can play this w/ some1 locally on my Switch Lite. setup would be me either holding and playing w/ Lite controls and 1 other playing w/ a joycon or switch pro controller. any1 know?

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fine if this reviews like a Marvel musou and had the content and replayability to back it up, because that's what I'm looking for.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Not hugely positive here. Not exactly negative either, but final feeling they had was "fine but not great".

-Long initial loadtime on boot.
-4 player too chaotic, more enjoyable for both playing solo.
-Popular characters are OP or certain moves are just too good to abuse.
-Infinity Trials aren't great and the rewards did not excite. (They enjoyed the story more)
-Combat depth feels lacking, but the character variety is fun. Basically similar to other games really.

Expected this but hoped for better. :/ Still excited but I'm a comic fan.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Okay, I think I'm sold. Seems like mostly everyone is enjoying it and they think it's very fun overall. Not too deep or anything, just plain dumb fun, which is just what I'm looking for!

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
i just want something in the 8-ish area.
Honestly, there was little hope of that ever happening. What was the last Koei Tecmo game that scored over 8? This is 100% going to land in the 7's, just like previous games, and that's fine. Hopefully it's high 7's like Hyrule Warriors (which shares the same team).

My main concern right now is lenght. I'm still hoping the campaign is around 15 hours long, though 10ish hours is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.