• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
As a fan on the Arkham series as well as Insomniac's Spiderman, will I like this type of game? Never played the earlier games but Team Ninja has me intrigued.
Well it's not similar in any way to those games. But I like both approaches. MUA is more of a b-game franchise if that makes any sense. And I don't mean that as an insult. Just some relaxing mindless fun with some great fan service.

Probably safer for you to check out the reviews in a few hours to see if this is something you might be into.

Edit: if you enjoyed Lego Marvel like I did then yeah, think of MUA as that but with better combat and some light rpg elements.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm hyped but I'm afraid the combo system is gonna end up being too simple and getting in the way of these different upgrade mechanics and all. Like they won't work that well or will end up feeling too shallow simply because the game doesn't have enough différent attacks and abilities :/

Nykyrian_Q

Oct 27, 2017
Treehouse made me want to get this, but it's just coming at a bad time between DQB2 and FE3H. I'll pick it up later this year or next year. Not a huge superhero person anyway.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
The review embargo is seriously 7pm EST today? That's pretty hilarious, the game will actually be released for most of the world at that point.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I haven't bought a game at launch in ages( except BOTW), but I'm gonna use the amazon prime pre order bonus and some credit to get it down to about $26 out of pocket. I can take the chance its at least good at that point. I need a Marvel fix...

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Does this speak of the game's quality, or its play structure. Is there a lot of button mashing, and are the upgrades as satisfying and logical as they are in Batman and Spiderman?

I also happen to enjoy the Lego Marvel/DC games as well as the Injustice titles.
It's more to do with the gameplay style than quality.

If you play this on Friendly difficulty then it's a button masher with cool combos and flashy moves. But the Mighty difficulty is actually challenging where you have to consider team composition, synergies, move types for staggering, all while using the dodge and block buttons as well.

I suggest you check out the previews (Kotaku has a good one explaining the core gameplay) or watch some of the gameplay by Nintendo Treehouse.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

Way too big for my Switch right now.

I was lucky to snag a 256 card for $30 on Prime Day. I think I'm on a 64 now, so this will allow me to continue moving forward with my all digital Switch future!

It's more to do with the gameplay style than quality.

If you play this on Friendly difficulty then it's a button masher with cool combos and flashy moves. But the Mighty difficulty is actually challenging where you have to consider team composition, synergies, move types for staggering, all while using the dodge and block buttons as well.

I suggest you check out the previews (Kotaku has a good one explaining the core gameplay) or watch some of the gameplay by Nintendo Treehouse.

Interesting about the difficulties...Is it one of those games that rewards you for upping the difficulty or is it just for self accomplishment?

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished up ultimate alliance 1 last night with my kids and really enjoyed it. for those that have played it, is it as good as UA1?

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Is this meant to be replayed on harder difficulties like Diablo? Will there be characters to continuously level up or can you max everyone out in one playthrough?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
With reviews dropping so late I think we can expect mediocre reviews. Expecting low 70's

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ufff. Got it now. Handheld mode is extremely rough. Main resolution looks like 540p but when the, literally, first battle appeared it dynamically drops even further to 480p or even 360p. It's just a blurry mess then.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Really excited for this.
Don't really care about reviews. What I saw is what I want out of this: an action packed Marvel nerdfest with unlockables and light progression system

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Direct Switch handheld mode screenshot.

mJWKsdb.jpg

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No relationship between both things.
With other recent Nintendo games reviewed have dropped at least days in advance. Why then are reviews not dropping on this until hours before it releases?

From the previews Fire Emblem it will be a great game and I'm expecting reviews to drop on that well before next Friday

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With other recent Nintendo games reviewed have dropped at least days in advance. Why then are reviews not dropping on this until hours before it releases?

From the previews Fire Emblem it will be a great game and I'm expecting reviews to drop on that well before next Friday

Review embargo lifting late before the release has never been a correlation to the game being of a bad quality.
Never ever. It's been proven many times now. Zelda BOTW of all games had its review embargo lifted the day before it was out.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Review embargo lifting late before the release has never been a correlation to the game being of a bad quality.
Never ever. It's been proven many times now. Zelda BOTW of all games had its review embargo lifted the day before it was out.
How do these embargoes get set then? Why otherwise are reviews being held until mere hours before the game releases?

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do these embargoes get set then? Why otherwise are reviews being held until mere hours before the game releases?

Many reasons. Could be story spoilers. Could be the publisher wanting this specific hour. Could be because of the big number of Nintendo published releases/announcement this month. In this case, considering the Comic Con is happening right now and Marvel Games has a panel ending at the same time the embargo is lifted, it's probably why.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Has there been any mention of how well the game runs? Still getting it regardless, but the frame rate looked pretty rough in early footage.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Many reasons. Could be story spoilers. Could be the publisher wanting this specific hour. Could be because of the big number of Nintendo published releases/announcement this month. In this case, considering the Comic Con is happening right now and Marvel Games has a panel ending at the same time the embargo is lifted, it's probably why.
Spoilers. Leaked copies of the game. Patches.
Okay, that makes sense. I'll stay optimistic.

I have the game preordered, but was considering canceling it since Fire Emblem is out in a week.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's more risk of something "bad" happening and the social media spreading it causing lots of people to not get a game day 1 which is the biggest selling day of a game.

That's my theory, just why risk it. Its been a trend now forever to have embargo's day of release vs having a embargo a few days before release

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that makes sense. I'll stay optimistic.

I have the game preordered, but was considering canceling it since Fire Emblem is out in a week.

Fire Emblem coming out next week really put me in a bind as I almost canceled this game because after FE comes out that is where all my time will be going. I am going to keep MUA but it is going on the shelf in a week.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Since this will get posted here eventually here's a cross post
Hey guys, data mining has started and well there's a doozy in here
There are 49 blank dlc spots, doesn't mean they'll all be used but if the game's successful means we could be in for the long haul.

Now that's not even the most interesting part

There's 4 more base characters! Well they are in the base grouping even if not currently playable, it's possible they didn't make game launch but if they made it far enough to be fully labeled in the code like this odds are they could be in a patch or maybe a free NSO perk down the road. They are: Black Bolt, Medusa, Valkyrie and Vision

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Hall H line at SDCC, mainly interested in the Marvel Games Panel today where it says "exciting new content from MUA3 (and Avengers)" with "many unannounced surprises and exclusives"

Wonder if they'll show DLC plans or something

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fire Emblem coming out next week really put me in a bind as I almost canceled this game because after FE comes out that is where all my time will be going. I am going to keep MUA but it is going on the shelf in a week.
I feel you. I'm trying to get through Ys VIII (great game btw) before next Friday and I had to put Mario Maker 2 down to start this game. Too many games coming out!

I'll wait for all content to be out before deciding to buy it. Piecemeal games are a turn off.
What's the missing content? Isn't it just added characters? I wouldn't call that piecemeal if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.