• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These previews are on par with the other Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends games. Those entries are solid 70s and 80s. So I'm in.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Direct Switch handheld mode screenshot.

mJWKsdb.jpg
How's the framerate? I can deal with fuzzy/blurry visuals most of the time but input lag/framedrops ruin it for me.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I for one am extremely excited for MUA3. Having played games like Sekiro and Resident Evil 2 recently which are tense and require a concentrated effort, I really need a chill and easy going game where I can just relax and mash after a long day.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
[/QUOTE]
Interesting about the difficulties...Is it one of those games that rewards you for upping the difficulty or is it just for self accomplishment?
A sense of pride and accomplishment as far as I can tell (there might be more drops or faster levelling but I haven't really tried comparing those aspects).

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Ufff. Got it now. Handheld mode is extremely rough. Main resolution looks like 540p but when the, literally, first battle appeared it dynamically drops even further to 480p or even 360p. It's just a blurry mess then.
Direct Switch handheld mode screenshot.

mJWKsdb.jpg

Thank you for your early impressions! I'm spoiled by Diablo 3 running & looking so well in hand-held; damn, this looks unoptimized.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I for one am extremely excited for MUA3. Having played games like Sekiro and Resident Evil 2 recently which are tense and require a concentrated effort, I really need a chill and easy going game where I can just relax and mash after a long day.
Make sure you play friendly, Mighty requires tactics and punishes you for button mashing

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
If the reviews are solid, I'll pull the trigger on this tonight.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Make sure you play friendly, Mighty requires tactics and punishes you for button mashing

Is friendly = easy and mighty = hard?

I tend to always go for the Normal setting nowadays (easy is too easy and hard is usually badly balanced in most games nowadays with damage and health numbers being jacked up rather than actual difficulty adjustments)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is friendly = easy and mighty = hard?

I tend to always go for the Normal setting nowadays (easy is too easy and hard is usually badly balanced in most games nowadays with damage and health numbers being jacked up rather than actual difficulty adjustments)
Friendly is easy, Mighty is normal and Superior is hard(unlocked by beating the game and completely changes the enemy balance and difficulty apparently). You can change between the first two at any time you start the game

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Friendly is easy, Mighty is normal and Superior is hard(unlocked by beating the game and completely changes the enemy balance and difficulty apparently). You can change between the first two at any time you start the game

Good to know, I'll go with Mighty in that case. Thanks!

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Think I might impulse buy this tomorrow, against my better judgement.

(Not that I don't think I'll like the game, it's just I don't need to be spending money at the moment.)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
How's the framerate? I can deal with fuzzy/blurry visuals most of the time but input lag/framedrops ruin it for me.

In handheld mostly stable but it has drops.
Docked feels a lot smoother. Would love to see a real framerate analysis.

Game has a lot of bugs tho. Some tutorial messages have weird key binding text instead of Switch button layout and now after the Mysterio fight my camera is constantly turning very slowly in one direction, hope a restart fixes that.
Camera in general is pretty bad a lot of times, hope they improve that in patches.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In handheld mostly stable but it has drops.
Docked feels a lot smoother. Would love to see a real framerate analysis.

Game has a lot of bugs tho. Some tutorial messages have weird key binding text instead of Switch button layout and now after the Mysterio fight my camera is constantly turning very slowly in one direction, hope a restart fixes that.
Camera in general is pretty bad a lot of times, hope they improve that in patches.

You're single handedly making me wait on buying it now thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

/S

Oct 29, 2017
I just played the demo. Going in blindly, I really liked it. There's camera issues, but not game breaking. The action was fast and reminds me of games like double dragon

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
I was kinda interested for handheld mode....but not after seeing that resolution
I've been playing the game for a few hours since it arrived today. It's really not that bad. The biggest issue with handheld mode is how chaotic it can get. During a boss fight, I couldn't keep track of where my character was.

Aside from that and some camera issues, the game's fantastic. The levels don't feel like they drag on (so far at least) and I'm enjoying the combat. It starts off slow due to only having one ability per character but once it gets going and more abilities are unlocked, it's really fun.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not sure if I'll pick this up. Seems like a perfect game to play at work while there's downtime... which there is right now. I'll see how it reviews, and more importantly, the content of the reviews over the score.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
I have some OT title suggestions:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order [OT] Much More Mutants

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order [OT] Nintinity War
(Ok, this pun is bad i know lol)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order [OT] Like Infinity War but with X-Men

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing the game for a few hours since it arrived today. It's really not that bad. The biggest issue with handheld mode is how chaotic it can get. During a boss fight, I couldn't keep track of where my character was.

Aside from that and some camera issues, the game's fantastic. The levels don't feel like they drag on (so far at least) and I'm enjoying the combat. It starts off slow due to only having one ability per character but once it gets going and more abilities are unlocked, it's really fun.
Stop tempting me, damnit!

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Marvel Knights is the first DLC. Blade is in with punisher and Morbius and Moon knight

Blade....I forgot blade was marvel for some reason lol. Thats so unexpected this dlc is gonna be tapping right into my veins.

Note that these are in addition to four characters datamined earlier today

Black Bolt
Medusa
Vision
Valkyrie

These are probably the free ones right, like Scott will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.