• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZodiacWolve

May 22, 2022
The Punisher should've also been included, I'm worried if a console port happens that game will be left out again.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
These games won't see light on modern platforms for 10+ years now. 1up will not build cabinets unless they know these games won't be for sale elsewhere for a good amount of time, like their deal with NBA Jam and The Simpsons arcade games.

Don't think that's how these deals work out-- i think these are licensed like toys or physical goods which aren't as difficult or expensive as digital releases.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
If they do a 'premium' version with upgraded parts like they're doing (eventually) with KI I might bite.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This is....not what was wanted. Cool, but not what I wanted.

It's not a full cabinet, as they are selling the riser to go along with it. It's going to cost $700 USD. (I don't know that as fact, but trust me when I say, this is the premium item they are going to slap that price tag on.) And finally, it's not what I wanted.

I'm hoping that we get a collection on console 12-18 months after September 8th (when preorders start), but I'm not holding my breath.

Yet another reason why I am still holding on to my X360.

PolskiGamer17

Oct 27, 2017
If it's not on consoles it is not successfully.
Reminds me of that abysmal campaign livestream where people wanted sonic 3 on Android and not on console

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
A lot of people in this thread managing to miss the larger point of success that a video game publisher managed to successfully negotiate the rights to do a modern release of the entire classic Marvel VS arcade series. This selling out almost instantly will hopefully be enough to motivate Marvel/Disney to allow a console collection to happen in the near future. It's an important step where before we had literally nothing for years.

But no, go ahead and rant and be negative.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect that lineup. Interesting. I'll wait for reviews.

To anyone else interested, wait for reviews. There is always something wrong with each A1U release, so don't be the first to find out what it is.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't really the same thing. Something being licensed for Arcade1up isn't really representative of other plans. That stuff is viewed fairly differently than console releases by licensors.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Even bypassing the money issue, who has the space for a full arcade cabinet for every delisted game they'd want to get? I'd love mvc2, the simpsons, and nba jam, but come on.
I dont even have the room just for more than a select few boards and a super gun, let alone a cab... (its why I have some amazing CPS1/2/3 multi boards which covers a nice portion of Capcom's arcade history).

I'd love a proper home/PC modern port of this stuff. Space wont allow me to have a cab like that... pity, its quite nice.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people in this thread managing to miss the larger point of success that a video game publisher managed to successfully negotiate the rights to do a modern release of the entire classic Marvel VS arcade series. This selling out almost instantly will hopefully be enough to motivate Marvel/Disney to allow a console collection to happen in the near future. It's an important step where before we had literally nothing for years.

But no, go ahead and rant and be negative.
I blame the OP's original thread title.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I actually just moved into a place where I could theoretically have room for this… And the compilation of games makes it very tempting. If it was just MVC2 installed on the cab, I'd be out, but this range of games? HMMM.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
God, it pisses me off that these games are trapped in $400 prisons.

Games being exclusive to the arcade are what set console/PC players back 20-30 years.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to more threads using this as evidence a collection is inevitable.

Is quite a leap of faith though to put money down on this and not have any idea how the MVC2 emulation is going to perform.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Guess I should consider modding my Xmen Vs Street Fighter cab when I eventually pick this one up to replace it.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how the licensing worked out for this and if it means it could potentially comes to consoles. The game desperately needs QOL features, like a damn rematch button

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Ugh imagine that lineup in a console release collection. I can't even how happy I would be.

I'd want to get this but I don't know the logistics of buying a cabinet from where I live lol

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
This is....not what was wanted. Cool, but not what I wanted.

It's not a full cabinet, as they are selling the riser to go along with it. It's going to cost $700 USD. (I don't know that as fact, but trust me when I say, this is the premium item they are going to slap that price tag on.) And finally, it's not what I wanted.

I'm hoping that we get a collection on console 12-18 months after September 8th (when preorders start), but I'm not holding my breath.

Yet another reason why I am still holding on to my X360.

I've never had an arcade machine, as soon as I saw it I needed it, but now you've swayed me. I want an arcade machine in my life, not a dinky put on a small table thing. Do I get one from a site like 1Up? I just want to be able to play arcade games again.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. This is going to be a hard sell with my wife, but I might have to try…

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Don't think that's how these deals work out-- i think these are licensed like toys or physical goods which aren't as difficult or expensive as digital releases.
^
Yeah, to everyone who is port-begging, this is the real reason Arcade 1UP gets lots of licenses.
It's much easier to license stuff to hardware categorised as a toy, then it is for console storefronts.

DragonHunterG

Sep 2, 2021
Kind of bitter sweet. Like, it's cool a collection like this exists, but how many people get to actually play it?

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see A1U has finally upgraded their tech to handle Naomi stuff. Would love to see them get proper digital releases as well but I guess this is a start.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've never had an arcade machine, as soon as I saw it I needed it, but now you've swayed me. I want an arcade machine in my life, not a dinky put on a small table thing. Do I get one from a site like 1Up? I just want to be able to play arcade games again.

Nah, it's a 3/4th scale system. It's big-ish, just not regular sized. Don't let me sway you against it: buy it. Seriously, buy it and enjoy it!

I can't get it because I literally don't have the room (and it's the reason why I bought the Street Fighter 2 Partycade and then got the PCB from the MvC cabinet to throw in there) but trust and believe, if I had the room, it would be mine.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
1Up Arcade releases don't impact anyone from porting these games.

It's true. There's a Golden Axe 2: Death Adder's Revenge cabinet. That game has never been ported to NA consoles.

Price confirmed, $599.99.

Also confirmed, this is your only chance to purchase MVC2. When it sells out, it's gone forever.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1Up Arcade releases don't impact anyone from porting these games.
Of course but I fail to see how this isn't a good thing for the chances of seeing a similar collection on consoles. Heck we have a TMNT collection that is huge coming out and it was a couple years after the TMNT 1up arcade. This gives me lots of faith in seeing something MVC on consoles.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
It's true. There's a Golden Axe 2: Death Adder's Revenge cabinet. That game has never been ported to NA consoles.

Also confirmed, this is your only chance to purchase MVC2. When it sells out, it's gone forever.

it's never been ported to any console-- not just the US. it's been ported to A1U and the first Sega Astro City Mini.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022

Fuck that, I'll just play my Dreamcast version.