• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sadly, I feel like Marvel may prioritize Deadpool over Storm as far as X-Men go.

Somehow, Deadpool completely slipped my mind. Marvel's got some tough choices to make. They'd be wise to gives a couple of X-Men DLC packs.

I'm surprised Daredevil placed so high. He's a cool character but I'm not sure what about him makes him stand out in a fighting game.

Honestly, I'd prefer Elektra over him. She could represent both the Daredevil world and fill the role of Marvel's ninja character.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Disappointing.

For Capcom newbies Nero is there at least but should be higher. Same with Talbain and Donovan. Dimitri is missing though.

For Capcom veterans Vergil and Akuma are there at least but again, too low IMO. And Phoenix Wright in the top 3? No thank you. UMvC3 proved to me, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that he's nothing more than a joke character. :/
In the case of Demitri, the likelihood of Marvel saying no to Midnight Bliss may have been to Demitri's detriment in terms of votes. As for Phoenix Wright, as mentioned already, he comes from a popular Capcom franchise that's still receiving consistent support.

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow, Deadpool completely slipped my mind. Marvel's got some tough choices to make. They'd be wise to gives a couple of X-Men DLC packs.

The Merc with the Mouth is in my Marvel top 3 dlc characters wishlist. With Doom. But sure who the third would be at this point. I'd really like to see Moon Knight since he's sort of the Marvel version of Batman.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing.

For Capcom newbies Nero is there at least but should be higher. Same with Talbain and Donovan. Dimitri is missing though.

For Capcom veterans Vergil and Akuma are there at least but again, too low IMO. And Phoenix Wright in the top 3? No thank you. UMvC3 proved to me, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that he's nothing more than a joke character. :/

I love Darkstalkers and DMC, if you hadn't noticed.
You'd have seen a lot more love for Darkstalkers had they not gotten one of the spots of the 2 Capcom newcomers on the base roster (and Jedah's fantastically represented to boot).

And Phoenix Wright is from one of the few Capcom franchises that isn't dead or dying. Besides, there's no rule that says they couldn't completely overhaul his moveset to make him better, or just buff him to the point of usability.

Oct 25, 2017
In the case of Demitri, the likelihood of Marvel saying no to Midnight Bliss may have been to Demitri's detriment in terms of votes. As for Phoenix Wright, as mentioned already, he comes from a popular Capcom franchise that's still receiving consistent support.

I highly doubt that has anything to do with it, in regards to Demitri.

But TBH at this point, who really knows.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
latest

When Capcom? When?

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So since the sales of the game wasn't so bad as expected, can we expect X-Men DLC next year?

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean, one command grab doesn't excite me anymore. Not as much as everything that Talbain or someone like Anakaris can do anyway.
Point taken. But what about Donovan, he's also in the Top 20 for Capcom Newcomers.

So since the sales of the game wasn't so bad as expected, can we expect X-Men DLC next year?
While I do think that we'll get a 2nd season, I'm not sure if we'll get the X-Men right away. Maybe later in 2018, though it would depend on how far along Capcom is in DLC production when Marvel gives the go-ahead for X-Men characters.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping they add Wesker and release another version with the DLC characters on disk.

I'll wait for that.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Both lists are great, but honestly I like the more creative gfaqs one. The gaf ranking is just "give me more marvel 2/3" essentially

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While it doesn't lessen the concern of international sales, it does give me a little more hope for future updates & overall support for MvCI since it did decently in America.
Also there was a SWOT analysis that came out recently. Capcom thinks that their Opportunities are in DLC sales and Capcom Pro Tour stuff, and this game is a great place to offer DLC and get some tournaments going. It's giving me legit hope that it'll be supported for a while to come.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
NPD came out for North America & MvCI ranked at #6 (below Destiny 2, some of the obvious sports games, & Mario + Rabbids). It did better in NA than most of us expected, especially considering how the game's doing internationally.
Thats great to hear. Really hope they continue the support of the game.

I want at least 2 more seasons for the game.

Also they HAVE to because season 1 is 2 Capcom and 4 Marvel characters.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Also there was a SWOT analysis that came out recently. Capcom thinks that their Opportunities are in DLC sales and Capcom Pro Tour stuff, and this game is a great place to offer DLC and get some tournaments going. It's giving me legit hope that it'll be supported for a while to come.
True, though you could also apply that to SFV. Either way, I think that's pretty applicable to both Mahvel & SFV, and I hope that their analysis does apply to both games.

That's actually one of the reasons why I wasn't THAT worried about Season 2 (gotta balance out the roster to be 50/50, again). Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped Black Widow ahead of schedule & moved [insert Capcom character here] to Season 2 to maintain female parity between the two sides.

Oct 25, 2017
Nero in 2018. Believe.

I've believed since 2010 or so. He'd be so awesome in a versus game.

As awesome as Nero would be, wouldn't that result in JYB in stereo for Nero/Zero? They could recast Nero got MvCI, but I'm not sure how that would go.

Nah just let him do both. What a silly reason to exclude a fantastic character.

Here's hoping they add Wesker and release another version with the DLC characters on disk.

I'll wait for that.

I'd like to see Wesker return. He's been missing since Umvc3 came out...

Good logic.
Capcom believes GaaS works for fighting games (it kinda does), so hopefully they push harder down this road of delivering the engine at launch and then constantly supporting with updates to continue to drive sales. I think this model and the free advertising is what lead Marvel to greenlight the game again.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
As awesome as Nero would be, wouldn't that result in JYB in stereo for Nero/Zero? They could recast Nero got MvCI, but I'm not sure how that would go.
They could at least tell JYB to use some of that range of his. They don't have to sound identical even if they've got the same VA. Man's got a lot of range, not his fault everyone wants Ichigo.

Steve Blum was Wolverine and Taskmaster after all, so there's precedent.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nah just let him do both. What a silly reason to exclude a fantastic character.
I'm not saying that it's a reason to exclude Nero. It's just that I'd personally be a bit worried about recasting Nero (plus having Team JYB would be pretty funny).

They could at least tell JYB to use some of that range of his. They don't have to sound identical even if they've got the same VA. Man's got a lot of range, not his fault everyone wants Ichigo.

Steve Blum was Wolverine and Taskmaster after all, so there's precedent.
Those roles were completely different for Blum's voice (same for Fred as Hulk & Ghost Rider). JYB uses the same vocal register for Zero & Nero.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Making this thing MCU Vs Capcom really handicapped everything. I bet even Fox Vs Capcom would've done better.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not saying it is, I'm saying that going Fox-only wouldn't have been any better. Plus there are more things hurting MvCI than just the roster.
Well, Marvel never would've approved a Fox game at the time. They might now though.

I wonder how a more streamlined X-Men Vs Street Fighter II game might do?

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Viewtiful Joe just squeezes into the top 10.

I'm satisfied.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Well, Marvel never would've approved a Fox game at the time. They might now though.

I wonder how a more streamlined X-Men Vs Street Fighter II game might do?
Just because people are angry about no X-Men doesn't mean that people only want X-Men (same thing goes both ways for the MCU). The goal is to strike a good balance of both, something that Marvel didn't give a fuck about.

SpectreJordan

Oct 26, 2017

I love Demitri & low key want him in the game; however, I think a lot of people are iffy on voting for him because he's a shoto. I get that but I want a badass vampire lord in the game... especially if we somehow get Dr Doom back & the two become rivals.

Ruby heart as top 10 makes me feel great.

Best Girl has been robbed for far too long.

Ruby fans unite! ✊️

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Here are the separated GameFAQs top 10s I posted on GAF:

Capcom veterans

1. Captain Commando - 58
2. Wesker - 39
3. Jin Saotome - 36
4. Amaterasu - 36
5. Phoenix Wright - 33
6. Jill Valentine - 33
7. Vergil - 26
8. Viewtiful Joe - 18
9. M. Bison - 16
10. Ruby Heart - 14
11. Hayato Kanzaki - 14

Capcom newcomers

1. Asura - 45
2. Gene - 33
3. Nina - 23
4. Leon S. Kennedy - 22
5. Edward Falcon - 20
6. Regina - 18
7. Rashid - 17
8. Rouge - 14
9. Juri - 13
10. Lady - 11

Marvel veterans

1. Wolverine - 50
2. Psylocke - 45
3. Gambit - 38
4. Deadpool - 37
5. Cyclops - 25
6. She-Hulk - 25
7. Doctor Doom - 23
8. Iron Fist - 21
9. Storm - 19
10. Magneto - 15
11. Rogue - 15
12. Blackheart - 15

Marvel newcomers

1. Loki - 30
2. Daredevil - 29
3. Star-Lord - 23
4. Ms. Marvel - 23
5. Scarlet Witch - 19
6. The Punisher - 19
7. Moon Knight - 17
8. Doctor Octopus - 16
9. Squirrel Girl - 16
10. Carnage - 13

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Here are the separated GameFAQs top 10s I posted on GAF:

Capcom veterans

1. Captain Commando - 58
2. Wesker - 39
3. Jin Saotome - 36
4. Amaterasu - 36
5. Phoenix Wright - 33
6. Jill Valentine - 33
7. Vergil - 26
8. Viewtiful Joe - 18
9. M. Bison - 16
10. Ruby Heart - 14
11. Hayato Kanzaki - 14

Capcom newcomers

1. Asura - 45
2. Gene - 33
3. Nina - 23
4. Leon S. Kennedy - 22
5. Edward Falcon - 20
6. Regina - 18
7. Rashid - 17
8. Rouge - 14
9. Juri - 13
10. Lady - 11

Marvel veterans

1. Wolverine - 50
2. Psylocke - 45
3. Gambit - 38
4. Deadpool - 37
5. Cyclops - 25
6. She-Hulk - 25
7. Doctor Doom - 23
8. Iron Fist - 21
9. Storm - 19
10. Magneto - 15
11. Rogue - 15
12. Blackheart - 15

Marvel newcomers

1. Loki - 30
2. Daredevil - 29
3. Star-Lord - 23
4. Ms. Marvel - 23
5. Scarlet Witch - 19
6. The Punisher - 19
7. Moon Knight - 17
8. Doctor Octopus - 16
9. Squirrel Girl - 16
10. Carnage - 13
I'll add this to the OP later, thanks.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I've added Sesha's post to the OP.

As others have pointed out, the results are pretty similar between both sites (sans some changes like Carnage instead of Green Goblin, Star-Lord ranking higher, & Squirrel Girl ranking lower). The Top 10 being surtctured in a similar fashion as the GAF results illustrates that better.