• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
I heard about Ant-Man at the same time as the rest of the base roster without any mention of DLC, so I think he was dropped from the game due to technical issues. Whether or not Capcom wants to try salvaging him for DLC is anyone's guess. Frank West was dropped from MvC3 and brought back for Ultimate, so hopefully Ant-Man gets the same treatment here.
Sounds fair enough. Thanks, Ryce! =D

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so how would ant man play? reduces and grows his size in the match? like he becomes about as small as servbot and at the biggest like sentinel with armor on moves.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I heard about Ant-Man at the same time as the rest of the base roster without any mention of DLC, so I think he was dropped from the game due to technical issues. Whether or not Capcom wants to try salvaging him for DLC is anyone's guess. Frank West was dropped from MvC3 and brought back for Ultimate, so hopefully Ant-Man gets the same treatment here.
Here's to hoping that Capcom takes another stab at Ant-Man at some point.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
PSX will probably be geared more toward SFV:AE.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I think that expecting Season 2 announcement (or even acknowledgement) in 2017 is a good way to become disappointed.

Oct 26, 2017
So basically a random reveal in 2018?

Maybe at EVO or a big comic con.

I mean, it might be prudent of Capcom to announce a Season 2 ASAP just so they can try and build hype for this game, but I don't think we're getting that this year. They probably think that the remaining Season 1 characters and some costumes will be enough to tide the fanbase over.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Maybe at EVO or a big comic con.

I mean, it might be prudent of Capcom to announce a Season 2 ASAP just so they can try and build hype for this game, but I don't think we're getting that this year. They probably think that the remaining Season 1 characters and some costumes will be enough to tide the fanbase over.
But wouldn't it be a bit weird to get absolutely nothing for Marvel for half a year? Not even SFV wastes that much time to get a new season announced.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
If Capcom waited that long to unveil a new season, this game will be forgotten about altogether.

With DBFZ and other big stuff on the horizon, Marvel can't play the waiting game. It just wouldn't be smart.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
The your mistake @Doctrine Dark6, you're assuming Capcom management is smart when everything they did these past few years shows they're anything but smart.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, I know that's the accurate answer. Sometimes I like to think Capcom would possibly learn from things and improve their approach.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Remember when they released 5 badly edited gameplay trailers with like 5 seconds of footage per character? Those were fun.

Looking over the reveal gameplay. Remember when people complained about the graphics in that and we were like "it's early, they'll fix it by release, just look at SFV and IV"
yeah...

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
For Mahvel, they'll probably announce the existance of a season 2 this year, it'll end up releasing before EVO, and the contents of said season will be leaked.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Battle for the Stones is streaming (Online EU Qualifier - Top 8). * Guess they are actually recapping right now though

Last edited:

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Meanwhile CapcomFighters

hM5yFv2.png

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I think IJ2 has to be on point since they zoom in on the faces during the animated clash scenes.

And what bout that new Fighting Layer EX game too. Surely it was made on a small budget and the faces look good there too in the footage I've been seeing. Then I boot up this game... Well we don't need to go there I guess

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
The artstyle simply sucks. That's it.

This game would've looked so much better without the stupid "Contest of Champions on console" aesthetic.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
It's Saturday night and I'm bored. I miss those little character logos from MvC1.
olgCKi.png

Last edited:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
D-did you make that?
Because that's fantastic.

I too miss those logos. I think I even talked about that in the other forum, at some point.

Yeah, spent the most time on the logos.

I got the infinity stone graphics from the Battle of the Stones website, and the backdrop was good ol' image search.

• Shouldn't it be Strider Hiryu?
  • MODOK isn't playable, so I'm not sure why he's in here.
  • Nova has a new logo now
    Y7G1qZI.png

- Yes, the logo says Hiryu (飛竜).
- He's fun, and so people know it's a mockup.
- I don't like that logo.

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
^ Oh yeah I like those outfits for Dante

Just went up against a Dante/Zero that's higher ranker then me in Casuals. Guess he figured he would be nice and give me a chance by going Dante/Frank-West when we rematched. I still lost but at least that made the matches much more closer lol. But I give this Dante player props for sensing the disparity and switching up his team which helped me at least finally get the trophy for fighting against everyone online. Didnt realize I was missing Frank West

[edit] wow this other dude just now was popping off reality stone like no tomorrow. after I lost that match I switch to reality stone spam as well and taught him how it feels to be on the receiving end of that punishment. That win felt crazy satisfying

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I did some quick research, and the Black Panther/Sigma trailer randomly dropped online 13 days before they came out. Hopefully we get a Venom/Winter Soldier/Black Widow trailer later this week, with the characters releasing alongside the balance patch on December 5.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I did some quick research, and the Black Panther/Sigma trailer randomly dropped online 13 days before they came out. Hopefully we get a Venom/Winter Soldier/Black Widow trailer later this week, with the characters releasing alongside the balance patch on December 5.
Hopefully you're right.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It also released on a Wednesday, dunno if Capcom would keep releasing trailers on the same day though. But who knows.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I guess people want to get the most out of it before the nerfs go through.

It wasn't that bad though. My first couple of sets had me worried since that one particular player I kept rematching loved Dante (but he was quite good). But all the other players I fought against used different characters (with only one guy that was kinda aggravating with lots of reality spam and but I countered by switching to the same stone to knock him off).

I had a lot of fun online matches yesterday. Looks like the week or two I spent fighting against the hard CPU actually paid off. Was able to learn a bit more techiniques without fear of getting caught up in long combos. So now when I get online I'm making a bit less stupid mistakes and my execution is a little better. Plus I've branched out to different teams like Hawkeye/Gamora etc for fun