• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting on Venom. Can't wait to see if they changed his move set. My favorite Marvel character, by far. Hopefully Daredevil will be DLC down the line.

Oops, I actually forget all about Black Widow, Winter Solider and Venom coming out in couple of months or so. I had so much fun with three new characters but I think I'm going to put Sigma in my team. He's really stupid in fun way.

That's really odd since those three characters are actually referring to certain characters or costumes.

So, the game didn't bomb as bad as everyone was saying?

Numbers matters tho.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just dropping by to say it's good to back everyone. Haven't been able to play too much lately, and Mario is going to cut into my time too. I'm really happy to hear the numbers aren't awful though.

vexx987

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Modesto, CA
This game actually got me to stop playing SFV for now. That's all I've been playing on my free time lately lol. I'll probably go back to SFV when AE drops. But until then, this game has me addicted.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in! Glad to get back to MAHVEL!

Love playing Zero/Sigma lately, but it's still kinda the Zero show as I figure Sigma out.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all ! I am new but I have been reading you for quite some time ! I love and been playing mvc for a long time even though I'm quite bad, but I learned a lot reading you. Thank you Dahbomb for hooking me up, I can't wait to get beaten and learn to get better at the game with you all!

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping we see the last 3 DLC in November. Get it out and in the hands of people before Battle of the stones finals.

Edit: Happy to see how technical Black Panther is. The Desk video was amazing.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping we see the last 3 DLC in November. Get it out and in the hands of people before Battle of the stones finals.

I kinda want them to secretly drop a Capcom character into the mix...I mean 3 at a time is pretty great but it's weirdly off balance. All the marvel folks should be good and interesting though. Would love to see Black Widow essentially be MvC2 Jill with stun batons. Bucky should be fun too no idea about Venom but totally fine if they just clone his 2D moveset... an Anti-Venom Alt day one would be neat.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cancelling Jump cancels for more combo opportunities?
giphy.gif

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda want them to secretly drop a Capcom character into the mix...I mean 3 at a time is pretty great but it's weirdly off balance. All the marvel folks should be good and interesting though. Would love to see Black Widow essentially be MvC2 Jill with stun batons. Bucky should be fun too no idea about Venom but totally fine if they just clone his 2D moveset... an Anti-Venom Alt day one would be neat.

That would be cool of them to drop a (maybe free) Capcom side character too.

Jedah transitioned to this Marvel very well. I think they'll be going all out on Venom they know how popular he is with Marvel heads. Bucky & Black Widow both have a lot of potential too. Excited to see how things turn out.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That Black Panther stuff is nuts but I hope this isn't a Jill type situation here.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
That's so much work for barely more than 6k. You can spend less than a day in the lab with thanos/dante/ultron and get more than that.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be cool of them to drop a (maybe free) Capcom side character too.

Jedah transitioned to this Marvel very well. I think they'll be going all out on Venom they know how popular he is with Marvel heads. Bucky & Black Widow both have a lot of potential too. Excited to see how things turn out.

Yeah I'm totally fine if it's a returnee even to save on expenses...Lei Lei think about it Capcom.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully we get news of season 2 early 2018 or even at PSX. Season 1 should be done by PSX right?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's so much work for barely more than 6k. You can spend less than a day in the lab with thanos/dante/ultron and get more than that.
Damage isn't the important part here. The cancels can lead into trickier mix ups, resets and pressure situations if mastered in the future. This stuff is probably worth exploring for the time being.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Damage isn't the important part here. The cancels can lead into trickier mix ups, resets and pressure situations if mastered in the future. This stuff is probably worth exploring for the time being.
Yeah I've seen some great Dr. Strange/Black Panther synergy. Lots of reset/mixup potential.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I've seen some great Dr. Strange/Black Panther synergy. Lots of reset/mixup potential.
I haven't tried black panther yet, I'm still finishing trying all the initial characters first, but I really liked dr Strange. Is Black Panther even a little bit like X-23 movement wise? That would be great (yeah I'm an X-23 fan^^)

SpectreJordan

Oct 26, 2017

Edit: Happy to see how technical Black Panther is. The Desk video was amazing.

I think there's a good chance that we'll the second batch sooner than later. The first batch came out surprisingly fast.

That Black Panther stuff is nuts but I hope this isn't a Jill type situation here.

I think he's one of the harder to use characters in the game, but nowhere near as hard as Jill. IDK what they were thinking when they developed her.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a rage quit penalty? Getting a lot of them lately.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a good chance that we'll the second batch sooner than later. The first batch came out surprisingly fast.

I think he's one of the harder to use characters in the game, but nowhere near as hard as Jill. IDK what they were thinking when they developed her.

Yeah freaking loved mastering jill but I'm so over working hard for the same thing characters can do easily.

Eternal Flame

Oct 26, 2017
Your Dreams
Haven't Had a chance to play this in a bit. Mostly due to laziness. Need to pick up Monster Hunter so I can play her with Gamora to have team sword girls.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they add some of the UMVC3 costumes at some point again, some like Classic Dorm and MMX Frank need to come back.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If only we had any kind of accurate move descriptions that we wouldn't need a video.
It's seriously ridiculous how little official documentation there is on the actual gameplay aspects of this game.

There's a certain appeal in letting the playerbase figure things out for their own at first, but it just comes off as bad here.

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
In any fighting game, it was the first time that I had to fight (:P) for the ranked PS4 trophy (rank 10) to obtain the platinum. Normally I can do the ranked trophies sooner or later, but MvCI was hard. However, it was worth it. Because of that, I learned a lot how to play it (Capt Marvel & Iron Man are my team btw). It is sad that people are avoiding it because of the graphics, roster, etc.

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Its amazing to me how healing just isn't a thing in this game. Even marvel 3 you would keep a character out to let them heal up a bit. Tag is just so important that red life doesn't even matter.

I wonder if they should increase the healing speed of the other character to encourage use of this mechanic. Since tag from super does red life damage maybe it would help with that being so strong. Matches also rarely ever go down to the wire on time.

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Its amazing to me how healing just isn't a thing in this game. Even marvel 3 you would keep a character out to let them heal up a bit. Tag is just so important that red life doesn't even matter.

I wonder if they should increase the healing speed of the other character to encourage use of this mechanic. Since tag from super does red life damage maybe it would help with that being so strong. Matches also rarely ever go down to the wire on time.

Actually, it depends. Most of the matches are exactly what you are saying, but some match-ups I disagree with you. For example, lets suppose that I caused a lot of red life because I used a tag combo. If the opponent's partner is Dante or some character that do combos that take a while (Dormammu, Zero, etc, and this is the character that didnt take the damage), the recovery will happen like MvC3. Sometimes is absurd. I took half of his life, but he recovers most of it because I have to wait a long combo from the other character.

Also, there is the Soul Stone that recovers life and many people arent using it (I use it lol). Until they nerf the Reality Stone that is...

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In any fighting game, it was the first time that I had to fight (:P) for the ranked PS4 trophy (rank 10) to obtain the platinum. Normally I can do the ranked trophies sooner or later, but MvCI was hard. However, it was worth it. Because of that, I learned a lot how to play it (Capt Marvel & Iron Man are my team btw). It is sad that people are avoiding it because of the graphics, roster, etc.

Congrats! Reaching Rank 10 was definitely way harder than I anticipated, but I sure felt great after reaching it. The competition was super fierce pretty much the entire road there, and the cherry on top they matched me against an 8th rank for my last rank up match lol. Insanely hectic, but I pulled through.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I'm back and thanks to Dahbomb and all the folks on the discord channel. I'm still at my uncle's and I can't wait to get back home and hang out here more. Have a great weekend, fam!

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Congrats! Reaching Rank 10 was definitely way harder than I anticipated, but I sure felt great after reaching it. The competition was super fierce pretty much the entire road there, and the cherry on top they matched me against an 8th rank for my last rank up match lol. Insanely hectic, but I pulled through.

Congrats you too! For me it was hard because rank 11 felt like forever. I had to fight 813 matches in the end. Screenshot I shared on social media when I did it (Oct 14th).

DMEnv4vXkAAq6ZH.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The hardest hill to climb so far seems to be from 8th Rank to 7th Rank. The progress bar increase becomes significantly lessened compared to the previous ranks.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats you too! For me it was hard because rank 11 felt like forever. I had to fight 813 matches in the end. Screenshot I shared on social media when I did it (Oct 14th).

Well earned, a hard fought road! I know that feel at Rank 11, my heart sank each time I made good progress and then got bopped repeatedly right back into 12 lol. Here's my rank 10 match:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I really need to get Black Panther mastered to a decent level & fast. I'm being put through the gauntlet with T'Challa/Carol online.

SaikyoBro

Oct 26, 2017
The hardest hill to climb so far seems to be from 8th Rank to 7th Rank. The progress bar increase becomes significantly lessened compared to the previous ranks.

This is where I'm at and I swear the rank system has to be either bugged or horribly designed... the gain/loss in points in 11th Rank seemed to come/go in very small increments, 10th and 9th saw me gaining a ton of points for wins and losing a ton of points for losses (making it super easy to go back and forth between ranks), and now that I'm in 8th it's back to seeing the bar barely move an inch at a time. I really don't think there's any rhyme or reason for the sporadic changes between progress, SFV's league system made much more sense and, for me, was a lot more satisfying to move up in.

This is SaikyoBro from GAF, btw. I don't think there's really any other place on the site where I'd be recognized.

Last edited: