• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
The ranked system doesn't make any sense to me.

I prefer the usual tiers: Bronze - Silver -Gold - etc.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if repost but this is big tech news. Against setplay that uses supers (million dollars, beams, rr, etc.), you are able to take advantage of pushback mechanics to make yourself safe. This prob should have been obvious in retrospect.

When you adv guard a low you have a window where you are safe from further lows even if you are standing. What ppl are doing is mashing adv guard during these supers and spamming up/down; during these supers, as well as dorm thorns, you are safe from left/right mixups and only susceptible to high/lows.

Vid for concept: https://mobile.twitter.com/Philltastic1/status/923858040511705088

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely very useful.

Probably works well for the Jedah/RR stuff too as you are in constant block stun.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Try using lp/lk for safety, tho it's likely youll get bopped regardless

I still use left trigger, but it's cause i recently went back to zero and im constantly holding lk.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Mahvel in a while. Have any QoL updates come to PC in the last couple weeks?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They fixed some bugs related to game play and new DLC characters. Nothing in the way of PC specific QOL stuff though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sorry if repost but this is big tech news. Against setplay that uses supers (million dollars, beams, rr, etc.), you are able to take advantage of pushback mechanics to make yourself safe. This prob should have been obvious in retrospect.

When you adv guard a low you have a window where you are safe from further lows even if you are standing. What ppl are doing is mashing adv guard during these supers and spamming up/down; during these supers, as well as dorm thorns, you are safe from left/right mixups and only susceptible to high/lows.

Vid for concept: https://mobile.twitter.com/Philltastic1/status/923858040511705088
Would this be beneficial for Black Panther, Captain Marvel, &/or Gamora?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is beneficial for ALL characters unless you are one of those characters which has long pinning moves.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
That's really interesting, thanks!
I do have problems with correct advance guarding in situations like these and end uo getting opened all the time. I just got home so I'm gonna test this!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Sounds simple and extremely useful. Thanks for this post.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Not totally following this. Can someone clarify what directions you need to alternate between?

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017

Very interesting.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the block tech has been known, just for some reason no one applied it to one of the most complained about things in the game lol

Btw, in case ppl are misunderstanding the pushblock mechanic at play here

If you pb a low hit you are able, within a certain amount of frames, to stand block and it will cover both high and low attacks. Same with highs.

EDIT: i am unsure about this tech now, alioune claims to have debunked it and is claiming that it is working in the video because ultron is hitting with a non-overhead j.hp.

Jk, i think he was debunking the idea that you can adv guard and have it cover both without switching guard, which i didnt even know was an idea that was out there

Man i cant keep up, just know that i havent tested it personally and take this idea w/ a grain of salt

Last edited:

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
unknown.png

unknown.png

¡Donte vive!

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whew that Morrigan alt + color combo. She looks so much better here than her Marvel 3 self.

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Canada Cup looking juicy. So far its at 169 entrants with a good amount of top players. This weekend is going to be phenomenal with Marvel and the Dodgers winning the WS.

Producer

Oct 25, 2017
feel silly finding a new setup thats more simple and effective than the one you've been doing. lol

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
OP's FAQ has been updated with known DLC pricing.

New Era of Heroes would've been a good thread title too.

MistuhDari

Oct 25, 2017
When will the second batch of DLC be announced? before or after the Battle of the Stones live tourneys end?

SpectreJordan

Oct 26, 2017
I love the 2v2 in this game, but I sort of wish it was 3v3 just so I could have Ultron, Chun & Sigma all on the same team. I'm having too much fun using those three.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...so we FINALLY get to see Combofiend back in action at tournaments again? Silver lining!