• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what, thinking about it the absence of the X-Men and Fantastic Four is more jarring when you consider just how many characters in the series' history that involves (19 out of the 28 Marvel characters in MvC2 for example!!). Like, just look at how many X-Men characters had to be cut because of it:
  1. Apocalypse
  2. Cable
  3. Colossus
  4. Cyclops
  5. Deadpool
  6. Gambit
  7. Iceman
  8. Juggernaut
  9. Magneto
  10. Marrow
  11. Omega Red
  12. Onslaught
  13. Phoenix
  14. Psylocke
  15. Rogue
  16. Sabretooth
  17. Sentinel
  18. Silver Samurai
  19. Spiral
  20. Storm
  21. Wolverine (Bone and adamantium forms)
  22. X-23
And on the Fantastic Four side:
  1. Doctor Doom
  2. Galactus
  3. Super Skrull
Like, that's just insane. Though what may surprise me even more is that somehow even with 22 X-Men characters that Beast and Nightcrawler were not among them.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
You know what, thinking about it the absence of the X-Men and Fantastic Four is more jarring when you consider just how many characters in the series' history that involves (19 out of the 28 Marvel characters in MvC2 for example!!). Like, just look at how many X-Men characters had to be cut because of it:
  1. Apocalypse
  2. Cable
  3. Colossus
  4. Cyclops
  5. Deadpool
  6. Gambit
  7. Iceman
  8. Juggernaut
  9. Magneto
  10. Marrow
  11. Omega Red
  12. Onslaught
  13. Phoenix
  14. Psylocke
  15. Rogue
  16. Sabretooth
  17. Sentinel
  18. Silver Samurai
  19. Spiral
  20. Storm
  21. Wolverine (Bone and adamantium forms)
  22. X-23
And on the Fantastic Four side:
  1. Doctor Doom
  2. Galactus
  3. Super Skrull
Like, that's just insane. Though what may surprise me even more is that somehow even with 22 X-Men characters that Beast and Nightcrawler were not among them.

Use this roster and put DMC characters in and I would pay $250 for the game.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's weird, for like a year the only MvCI Roy they had on the shelves was that iron man and mega man pack, and just yesterday I saw ryu vs black widow and civil warrior vs collector. They put out new toys for a game that's all but dead?

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
It's weird, for like a year the only MvCI Roy they had on the shelves was that iron man and mega man pack, and just yesterday I saw ryu vs black widow and civil warrior vs collector. They put out new toys for a game that's all but dead?
We've known since February that Hasbro was still producing MvCI toys as part of the Marvel GamerVerse line. Chances are that the figures were in production for a long time. Besides, the Ryu and X figures are the only new sculpts there, everything else is just reusing and repainting old stuff.

When they were announced all Marvel coverage of ToyFair 2018 specifically omitted the MvCI figures.

They finally released like a month or so ago.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
We've known since February that Hasbro was still producing MvCI toys as part of the Marvel GamerVerse line. Chances are that the figures were in production for a long time. Besides, the Ryu and X figures are the only new sculpts there, everything else is just reusing and repainting old stuff.

When they were announced all Marvel coverage of ToyFair 2018 specifically omitted the MvCI figures.

They finally released like a month or so ago.

Just seemed weird to me. I figured they were in the pipeline for a while, but they only released one pack while the game was relatively new, is that line pretty much dead or are they continuing with other games?

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Just seemed weird to me. I figured they were in the pipeline for a while, but they only released one pack while the game was relatively new, is that line pretty much dead or are they continuing with other games?
The GamerVerse line keeps getting new stuff based on mobile games and now Spider-Man PS4. The line isn't going anywhere. The MvCI figures, though, will probably not remain in production. Which is a shame since the X and Ryu sculpts are kinda neat, so it would have been interesting to see more Capcom characters.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
At least we got this out of it:

12-rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-update-happening-will-be-re-bran.jpg

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see it happening. Marvel doesn't seem like they'd be interested after Infinite even though they played a significant part in why the game got the reception it did and it would most likely be in Capcom's best interest to work with either a different company that gives them more freedom for a vs title or just a pure Capcom crossover fighter.

And on the off chance it really IS happening, it would be better to market it as a brand new game. Like "The True Sequel to the Marvel vs Capcom series" instead of a big ass update for Infinite. That game's name is covered in a ton of mud at this point

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible, IMO, MvC:I sold well enough. But it's funny because Infinite inadvertently ended up distancing itself from the MvC franchise because of how bad it was.

I just really don't want it unless it gets a proper budget and not some slapped together effort behind it. Don't tarnish the brand further unless you do it right.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah that ain't happening. The money it would take to salvage the artstyle and presentation, not to mention create that many characters, would be too high of a cost for this game.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is the same rumor people were making fun of a few days ago. I don't buy it at all.

Unless Combofiend has mind control powers or something, since he works at Marvel's game division now.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really liked this game. The art style didn't bother me and the absence of the X-men didn't bother me either considering how fun the new characters are to play. I think those two things were way too harshly judged.
But this is like a Destiny 2 situation for me - All D2 content should of been an big expansion for D1. I wish all the MvCI content had been an update/revision of UMvC3. I would love to have the new story mode and new characters in UMvC3 instead that way we'd have all the characters of both games and the Heroes & Heralds mode. It'd be packed.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I really liked this game. The art style didn't bother me and the absence of the X-men didn't bother me either considering how fun the new characters are to play. I think those two things were way too harshly judged.
But this is like a Destiny 2 situation for me - All D2 content should of been an big expansion for D1. I wish all the MvCI content had been an update/revision of UMvC3. I would love to have the new story mode and new characters in UMvC3 instead that way we'd have all the characters of both games and the Heroes & Heralds mode. It'd be packed.

Absolutely! People were crying like no X-men was the end of the world so the game had an awful stigma from day 1. It's still an absolutely fantastic game, but with pretty much non existent production values.

I actually played the game for the first time in a long while last weekend, I'm a noob so don't usually play fighting games unless I'm with friends that's the same level of scrub that I am, but I'm legit surprised how much fun we had and no one was asking where the f Wolverine was.

Edit: I'm drunk and this post barely makes sense.
But I had - and still have a ton of fun with the game!
It deserves better! With or without the X-Men.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California

The gameplay in Infinite is vastly different to Ultimate, though. It's also a lot better. No X-Factor. No TAC. The Assists have been replaced with the Active Switch mechanic that is way more open. It's just a better core experience all around.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
The gameplay in Infinite is vastly different to Ultimate, though. It's also a lot better. No X-Factor. No TAC. The Assists have been replaced with the Active Switch mechanic that is way more open. It's just a better core experience all around.

I actually agree with this but we are outliers lol. Everyone always goes back to "3 vs 3 tho" but it had a lot of problems.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Revisiting this topic made me want to check a thing:
Pweut5i.png

9.6% of all posts in this thread are mine. I hate everything about this.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I've posted like...90 times. So an average of barely over once a page.
I got a life. I got a job. I didn't hit it or any other games like I used to when the genre was an obsession.

Most I've played is DBFZ and Smash Ultimate honestly. I really enjoyed Sigma and Winter Soldier though. Those two are just nasty little shits for ruining things. Was pretty Keen on big body Thanos but never put it together like I'd hoped. Such a fun moveset.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not Infinite, but Yipes is hosting a MVC2 tourney today

NICE! Is there a twitch link to watch this? I'd love to watch again. I've been playing this on a pi 3b+ LCL Pi Boy handheld on break at the power plant and grinding out a Juggernaut/Spiral/Sentinel team. Miss me some jugger-glitch damage and some Spiral + Drone pressure.

EDIT:
Nm. Remembered his channel link.

https://www.twitch.tv/IFCYipeS

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Does anyone understand French?

(After the 19:40 mark)

Apparently Ken Bogard (French FGC representative) says we'll hear about a new Marvel in April. For those who don't know, Ken was the first to leak Laura and Rashid before they were announced back in 2015. He's definitely not a random guy that just makes stuff up. In the comments, he said MVCI will basically be KOF XII in response to someone's question about it being a new game instead of an upgrade for those who have MVCI.

I have no expectations, but it's still interesting to see if anything comes of this.

rude

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently Ken Bogard (French FGC representative) says we'll hear about a new Marvel in April. For those who don't know, Ken was the first to leak Laura and Rashid before they were announced back in 2015. He's definitely not a random guy that just makes stuff up. In the comments, he said MVCI will basically be KOF XII in response to someone's question about it being a new game instead of an upgrade for those who have MVCI.

I have no expectations, but it's still interesting to see if anything comes of this.

I remember when he leaked Rashid and Laura and the balance updates only being done through patches. I'm honestly shocked this is happening. Not because of Capcom, but that Marvel isn't just completely dropping this game.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

So supposedly a new game. If true, hopefully Marvel isn't to stingy in regards to some decisions, especially with the success of Spider-Man PS4 and MUA3 looking promising.

My hope is that the gameplay from MvCI is still retained

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

YES! I wanna believe so much. Infinite being like kof12 would be the ideal rebound of such a fun title.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Basically, KOF XII ended up being the "beta" for what KOF XIII ended up being. It's light yrs better than XII in every possible way.

So applying the same logic, MVC4 is going to end up being what MVCI should've been.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Basically, KOF XII ended up being the "beta" for what KOF XIII ended up being. It's light yrs better than XII in every possible way.

So applying the same logic, MVC4 is going to end up being what MVCI should've been.

I hope this mostly means more characters, significantly higher production values, and more meaningful content.

The actual mechanics are great and I don't want them to revert back to Ultimate (though they can bring back 3v3, just with active switching).

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, I don't want them to discard everything in MVCI. I just want the overall game to be much better, like you mentioned.

I read various opinions on 2v2 and 3v3. I always preferred 3v3, but MVCI made me appreciate the 2v2 format. I'm open to either, honestly.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this mostly means more characters, significantly higher production values, and more meaningful content.

The actual mechanics are great and I don't want them to revert back to Ultimate (though they can bring back 3v3, just with active switching).
If its essentially like the kof12 situation was then this is exactly what it would mean.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017

I think active switching with the 3v3 format would be too chaotic IMO. It works with 2v2 but if they go back to 3v3 I think they should go back to the assist format.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'll believe it when I see it.

And even if I believe it, I'm not sure I'd buy it? I bought a game under their promise of service, which they did not follow up on. I cannot in good conscience abide and reward that practice.

Either way, don't think it's real. The rumour going about is that they were aiming for next-gen machines after SFVI, so they wouldn't reveal it that early if so.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

Thanks for clarifying. Still going to be on "believe it when I see it" till for anything short of a bomba' leak or announcement.

Yeah, I don't want them to discard everything in MVCI. I just want the overall game to be much better, like you mentioned.

I read various opinions on 2v2 and 3v3. I always preferred 3v3, but MVCI made me appreciate the 2v2 format. I'm open to either, honestly.

Found a new appreciation for 2v2 thanks to MVCI and I absolutely love the active tag system. Would be genuinely upset if they take a ""baby with the bathwater" approach on the new VS.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I think they should go back to LMHS control wise, just because it's simpler, but i kinda prefer 2v2. I like how it encourages you to make a team, and not a character plus two tools that benefit that character like MvC3 had. It wasn't as bad as DBZ, but you had characters like Ammy who was effectively a Cold Star assist that happened to have a character attached to her for a majority of players.