• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dang I haven't been getting any alerts, great to see this topic thriving a bit. Marvel will return someday, my friends :)

So UMvC3 is on Gamepass now.

Would this mean anything for the new Mahvel game rumor?

Well it definitely means that Marvel signed off on this, long after they abandoned MvCI, so that's a good thing. They don't need money and it used to seem like the last thing they wanted was to give this series any more exposure. I think it's food for thought.

If a new game is coming, it might be telling that they went with UMvC3 instead of MvCI to get a certain gameplay style back into our minds or to further distance from MvCI. Wonder if PS+ will see a similar offer in the next few months..?

So not only did Ken deny rude link about the Laura/Rashid leaks, but he also says the only talk is apparently from something Whiteblack saw on discord from US players.

https://twitter.com/KenBogard/status/1083086942055661569
https://twitter.com/KenBogard/status/1083086008260927489

Seen at least two different translators talk about them insisting their sources are legit, but Ken seems to paint a different picture altogether. The language barrier did make things difficult to assess, so there's that.

This has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Sounds overly defensive. Ultimately that's two translators acknowledging it, even the YouTube comments reference this leaky talk with him responding in kind. Maybe someone got in trouble. Still, an April release sounds too out there unless this is an MvCI>MvC4 update as Dasvergeben originally indicated.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
April release or April reveal? Capcom likes having several months worth of marketing for all their new titles, so I don't see the former happening.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reveal makes way more sense, if this holds any water.

I don't want to deal with the game releasing against MK11, even if Avengers Endgame comes out the same month.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh hey, since this thread is kind of alive again I guess I'll post my current reshade setup for others to use. This one's optimized for 1080p, so no fucking around with 4K or downsampling required.

Here's the regular version. Here's an alternative in case the regular one breaks your Steam overlay. You should be able to just drop the files into the installation folder. Let me know if you're having problems getting it to work.

Some screenshot comparisons:
0qBw2i2.jpg

cARtl3o.jpg

lmoYOiG.jpg

T3s75Cl.jpg

xsQzV2K.jpg

MFJKU0b.jpg

I also have replacement themes for Marvel characters that don't have a MvC3 theme to fall back on.
Gotta remember to apply this. Thanks mate.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Best Infinite player is that guy in Japan who trounced everyone at EVO. His name is CJA Cyber.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I was just thinking about how Venom was so perfectly executed in 3D for this game. Almost all the newcomers are pretty great, actually. It's obvious Capcom still has access to talent and it's annoying how they waste it.
DUnsDZ9.jpg

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about how Venom was so perfectly executed in 3D for this game. Almost all the newcomers are pretty great, actually. It's obvious Capcom still has access to talent and it's annoying how they waste it.
DUnsDZ9.jpg
Agreed. Plus man those puddles are such a great new thing for his play. Really lets you get creative with not just Venom stuff but tag stuff as well. I wish all the game looked as good as this shot but fuck it. I'll play through the ugly of folks like Cap and Chris and whatever. It aint like I dont play low budget games in spite of their graphics if they are good. And MVCI plays sooooooo damned well.
Theres nothing quite as satisfying as doing Winter Soldier's armor point blank to ruin a hit confirm and full combo punish someone.

EDIT: Dammit. Need to go play now. I miss Winter Soldier, Sigma and Thanos too much.

DOUBLE EDIT:
Lol. Playing MVCI and seeing Zero go into sougenmu is so different than in UMVC3. In UMVC3 you're all like "oh no here comes the bullet train!" Now its like lol. Watch this fuck fullscreen blow his own self up trying to zone. Pushblock reflection ruined that aspect of Zero so completely lol. Its combo tool only now like if you just want more hits for Frank leveling or damage or something. No more full screen sougenmu. Honestly I'd be ok with reflector if it had a max number of times a single projectile could be bounced. Like each player could only reflect an attack ONCE maximum so you couldn't just pong a shot endlessly. Use it on as many projectiles as you want but know if they answer your serve back you gotta dodge. It'd bring back something at least. Still feel they shoulda just opted for dodge rolls over this mechanic because it requires reads from both players to use or blow it up and because it actually nets you closer to folks if you get it as well as offers up left/right mixup tools but broken records and all that.

Feels good to play even with projecto reflecto jank trashing zoning. Just so much setup and pressure stuff. Really had fun just now screwing around with tags into Black Widow's widows kiss crumple orbs. Gonna have to put time in on this thing again. I've missed the creative freedom in this game.

Last edited:

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
I have arrived from the past to revive this thread in the future.

Yes, MVCI is still the best Capcom fighting game since CVS2.
Praying for next gen.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I have arrived from the past to revive this thread in the future.

Yes, MVCI is still the best Capcom fighting game since CVS2.
Praying for next gen.
I don't disagree.

If it's coming at all, it won't be for a long time, definitely after SFVI. Which is a shame, since that means they'd start from scratch, which means that MvCI's fantastic systems will never be refined.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Capcom deserves a medal for how quickly they dropped support, despite saying they'd be treating Infinite as a GaaS.

Seriously, it's impressive how quickly they backpedaled on that.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
DzW5ZBtUcAAXP_S.jpg:large

Imagine Infinite looked like this instead of what we got.

Mostly the same dumb proportions but a clean artstyle, well defined borders, bright and popping colours...

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
True. I mean, when the FGC lets something even more egregious (in terms of asset reuse, awful DLC BS, a small roster, etc) succeed (BlazBlue Cross Tag) it shows how hypocritical and shallow the scene can be. People smelled blood when we learned more about MvCI.
The key is that BBCT reused the assets correctly. MvCI arguably looks worse than UMvC3. At least BBCT doesnt look worse than BBCF. It actually felt like they really cared bout the game. MvCI felt like it was sent out to die on the frontlines

To be clear, I am sure the MvCI devs cared bout the gameplay. But the visuals tho? Idk what happened.

Some characters look clean like we all know (the new ones) while the old ones look worse than UMvC3 in many cases

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly, I do believe that MvCI was kicked out the door for the sake of meeting a deadline, and the dev team was forced to make a decision on focusing on either core mechanics or assets. They chose mechanics and ended up getting bit hard because of it thanks to coming out around the same time as DBFZ, which was mechanically competent (because ArcSys) and visually stunning (also because ArcSys). I do think I prefer MvCI's gameplay, but let's face it, Mahvel hype was always from the visuals and not the technical mechanics.

That all being said, this is one "dead game" that I'm still willing to try to get into if there's still a dedicated community around it. Need to dust off the fight stick and get back into something, would love to have a MvC in that rotation