• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Being hit with a total budget rumored to be around the working budget for a single sfv dlc season hurts you no matter how good you are.

I'd like to see the scene keep bringing it to life at tournaments. Recently mvci has had some stellar showings at tournament. Legit crazy hype shit. Frosty Faustings was great this year with mvci.

Play it till they resurrect it I say. I love the Sigmas, Winter Soldiers, Thanos, and other new cast so much at high level. Hell I even enjoy the repeat cast showing strong. Spiderman is doin good lately in particular and he was nearly a no show in most ultimate brackets.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Being hit with a total budget rumored to be around the working budget for a single sfv dlc season hurts you no matter how good you are.

I'd like to see the scene keep bringing it to life at tournaments. Recently mvci has had some stellar showings at tournament. Legit crazy hype shit. Frosty Faustings was great this year with mvci.

Play it till they resurrect it I say. I love the Sigmas, Winter Soldiers, Thanos, and other new cast so much at high level. Hell I even enjoy the repeat cast showing strong. Spiderman is doin good lately in particular and he was nearly a no show in most ultimate brackets.
Issue is, community is growing smaller by the week. I love the game and how it plays and if I can, I catch the streams and high-level play, but this is... not getting resurrected. This is not sustainable. People will still play it, don't get me wrong, people still play SFxT, but the tournament entries are getting smaller and smaller, the schedules worse and worse... At practically every major tournament we see the same top people... Idk, I digress...

Also we got some new high-level Spider-Man play? Please post it, haven't seen that.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
DzW5ZBtUcAAXP_S.jpg:large

Imagine Infinite looked like this instead of what we got.

Mostly the same dumb proportions but a clean artstyle, well defined borders, bright and popping colours...

I'm 100% serious in saying I wish those were the actual models and artstyle this game had instead of what we got. I think those look better than most any recent Marvel game. I would swap all those out untouched in a heartbeat.

They look sharp, clean, colorful and as reasonably proportioned as you can expect for current Marvel.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

Mostly the same dumb proportions but a clean artstyle, well defined borders, bright and popping colours...

I am super stoked for this game. I loved the old MUA games back in the day.

I still would have bought x-men dlc for this game (MvCI). I pray and I mean I PRAY they are working on MvC4 and making sure the launch roster is on point. No BS with it. Don't yank out characters. Capcom-- you knocked it out of the park with MHW, RE2, and I am sure DMC5 is a slam dunk as well. you did right by the fans on those. Bring that professionalism to MvC and you'll see our wallets open wide. I mean, obviously I don't even need to type this at all but we somehow got MvCI....

Many of us liked DBFZ and we rewarded them twicefold (I double dipped DBFZ on PC/PS4 along with Season passes). Many of us would do the same for MvC4 easy

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I am super stoked for this game. I loved the old MUA games back in the day.

I still would have bought x-men dlc for this game (MvCI). I pray and I mean I PRAY they are working on MvC4 and making sure the launch roster is on point. No BS with it. Don't yank out characters. Capcom-- you knocked it out of the park with MHW, RE2, and I am sure DMC5 is a slam dunk as well. you did right by the fans on those. Bring that professionalism to MvC and you'll see our wallets open wide. I mean, obviously I don't even need to type this at all but we somehow got MvCI....

Many of us liked DBFZ and we rewarded them twicefold (I double dipped DBFZ on PC/PS4 along with Season passes). Many of us would do the same for MvC4 easy
I absolutely would have supported MvCI for any future DLC. I loved how the game played. X-Men DLC was coming, eventually. I'm sure Capcpom would have tried to keep the game going if Marvel hadn't been involved.

Capcom's Division 1 (RE, DMC, DD, Onimusha) and 3 (Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, etc) have been killing it recently. Division 2 (SFxT, SFV, MvCI)... hasn't, really.

Hopefully the fact that Div 2 and 3 have now been folded into a New Division 2 (led by Monster Hunter's Tsujimoto, rather than Ono) means whatever the next FG project (I doubt it's MvC) that follows has a competent launch and keeps doing the thing where the gameplay is great except also everything else.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I absolutely would have supported MvCI for any future DLC. I loved how the game played. X-Men DLC was coming, eventually. I'm sure Capcpom would have tried to keep the game going if Marvel hadn't been involved.

Capcom's Division 1 (RE, DMC, DD, Onimusha) and 3 (Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, etc) have been killing it recently. Division 2 (SFxT, SFV, MvCI)... hasn't, really.

Hopefully the fact that Div 2 and 3 have now been folded into a New Division 2 (led by Monster Hunter's Tsujimoto, rather than Ono) means whatever the next FG project (I doubt it's MvC) that follows has a competent launch and keeps doing the thing where the gameplay is great except also everything else.
This is very good info. I wasn't aware they were split into Divisions like this. Yeah I also own MM11 funny enough. They've been killing it in the other divisions

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
So what were your favorite setups in this game for various teams? There were a ton of awesome dirtbag tricks with various teams.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
So what were your favorite setups in this game for various teams? There were a ton of awesome dirtbag tricks with various teams.

I could never stick with a single team or two in this game. It wasn't a big deal though since I could always just match someone up with Dante since I like playing as him and he works with everyone.

I think Dante/Sigma/Soul is my most used team. Also use a lot of Nemesis, Chris (I try...), and some Thanos and Ghost Rider.

I wish I could use Dante/Frank more but Frank is just such a pain to play in this game.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019

This does look good and more polished that what we got in MVCI. But, it still comes across as very safe and a little generic. The element that was great about MVC3 was the hard ink colored shadows and the highlight colors on all the characters in art and on screen. The trailer for MUA3 doesn't do these looking characters much justice.

latest

latest

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
This does look good and more polished that what we got in MVCI. But, it still comes across as very safe and a little generic. The element that was great about MVC3 was the hard ink colored shadows and the highlight colors on all the characters in art and on screen. The trailer for MUA3 doesn't do these looking characters much justice.

latest

latest
Yup, the art in MVC3 is so good, just look at the difference between Deadpool in MVC3 and Powers United (Not that the design in Powers United is bad, I just think it looks better in MVC3).
images

l_10184133_004.jpg

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

latest

latest
I don't disagree, but I think it'd still be a marked improvement from the MvCI version. At least characters would look clean.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Disabling MvCI's chromatic aberration, bloom and vignette filters go a long way. It'll still look kinda plain, but at least it'll be non-smeared and readable. From there you can go nuts with image adjustments and shaders using reshade or similar. My current preset isn't that crazy though, just a bump to contrast, brightness and saturation and a rough approximation of SFV's very slight toon shading.

Oh hey, since this thread is kind of alive again I guess I'll post my current reshade setup for others to use. This one's optimized for 1080p, so no fucking around with 4K or downsampling required.

Here's the regular version. Here's an alternative in case the regular one breaks your Steam overlay. You should be able to just drop the files into the installation folder. Let me know if you're having problems getting it to work.

Some screenshot comparisons:
0qBw2i2.jpg

cARtl3o.jpg

lmoYOiG.jpg

T3s75Cl.jpg

xsQzV2K.jpg

MFJKU0b.jpg

I also have replacement themes for Marvel characters that don't have a MvC3 theme to fall back on.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Disabling MvCI's chromatic aberration, bloom and vignette filters go a long way. It'll still look kinda plain, but at least it'll be non-smeared and readable. From there you can go nuts with image adjustments and shaders using reshade or similar. My current preset isn't that crazy though, just a bump to contrast, brightness and saturation and a rough approximation of SFV's very slight toon shading.
Folks have done a lot of reshade plugin stuff on pc thats pretty wild.

Still waiting to hear what some of everyones scummiest setups were with teams and the tags.
I always loved the shit you could do with X and anyone. His ice shot into a tag was glorious because it'd hover in the air a bit then shoot down diagonally. You could do that, tag go for a teleport or go behind move and pin them between it. Was especially good with Dante and MMX as he could just teleport straight into a his jumping sword bullshit during pressure . Honestly X using his buster after throwing his own boomerang worked out a lot of times. Especially if you tagged into someone with good AA because they'd see the projectile pincer attack and often neutral jump and eat it. Firebrand was good in those moments.

Plus Winter Soldier with his arm and grenades was just horseshit setups incarnate. Tagging after chucking a grenade into a wall behind someone or after setting up the arm or especially adding it into Storm shit was just insane. Black Widow was also pretty good for setups and largely solo at that given she had the stun gas a slide and command grabs to just sorta pin you between shit and setup grabs and mixups all over the place. Time Stone shenanigans were always a favorite of mine too as an old Karas/Polymar player used to lockdown+teleport dash left/right shenanigans.

Such a fun game for getting creative.
EDIT: Bonus stupidity with shaders.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Ah thats the shit. Found some vids of Megaman dirt. Such a fun character for tag setups. Enjoy.
Forget talking on redesigning and wishlists and sequel prayers. Lets just enjoy sharing some dirty tech vids and some hype match vids of this thing. The game really is a blast.

and because the hype was ON at this one Frosty Faustings 2019 top 8 MVCI in its glory with all that good shit commentary back on track

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. The most unbelievable part is Marvel actually wanting to do right by this franchise. Capcom seems determined to right their wrongs, so not a surprise on their part.

April was supposed to be the reveal date iirc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe any of it, unless Spider-Man and MvC:I taught them that they should put a goddamn budget behind something if they're gonna do it. Capcom has consistently lowballed their fighting games since SFxTK, so I don't know, man.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
For all its faults SFxT never struck me as low budget. Half the cast being entirely new from scratch couldn't have heen cheap.

Or are we talking about Capcom cheaping out after SFxT blew up in their face?

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Just remove the shitty movie-esque filters marvel imposed on this game and we're mostly good

Well just hope Marvel allows that. Though I'm personally not opposed to the move-esque design of Star Lord, so as long as the we get a much better art style.

I don't know, I just feel Marvel had moved on from this. Though I feel they can allow better with how Spider-Man turned out and how great MUA3 looks.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
For all its faults SFxT never struck me as low budget. Half the cast being entirely new from scratch couldn't have heen cheap.

Or are we talking about Capcom cheaping out after SFxT blew up in their face?
Sorry, I meant to say that SFxTK was the last game they spent a lot of money on. It was clear from the cinematics to the gem system to colour edit mode to the number of newly developed characters, etc.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
The only way a new Mahvel is happening is if Marvel's Spider-Man actually convinced them that this is the way to go, and that they've learned to value fan feedback. If the Marvel game division still isn't confident and considers the Spider-Man game to be its own thing and doesn't plan on much else going that route, then Mahvel ain't happening.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. The most unbelievable part is Marvel actually wanting to do right by this franchise. Capcom seems determined to right their wrongs, so not a surprise on their part.

April was supposed to be the reveal date iirc.

On one hand I really want to believe. I was just saying yesterday to a friend how much I miss mvc, and that these other tag games just don't scratch the same itch.

But on the other hand, it's Fchamp.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Hard to tell at this point, but April reveal would be incredibly good timing IMO. Capcom revealing the game, right after two hits with RE2 and DMC5 would make sense, riding off the heels of those two games.

The game has to look very different different but still hype with similar gameplay elements of Infinite. Also the roster has to be a healthy mix of MVC2/3 characters with a few new ones. Like Gene from God Hand, just give it to us Capcom. It should be a new game with some of the Infinite characters taken out, although some people probably wouldn't like that. If not, they should just leave the existing characters in and build a massive roster. Hard to say right now though if the game will still be a new game or more of a massive add-on to Infinite. I think it's smarter for Capcom to just make Marvel vs Capcom 4 and make it a new exciting thing for casuals and FGC heads to both enjoy, kind of how MVC3 was.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Would be cool if they switch the engine to RE Engine as well, something tells me they wouldn't and they'd stick with UE4, but we'll see.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It should be a new game with some of the Infinite characters taken out, although some people probably wouldn't like that.
After a game that needed an entire season pass to reach the amount of characters MvC3 had as a base? Certainly not. This need a big roster up-front to convince people to trust them again with future DLC. The baseline should include the entire cast from Infinite, plus Wolverine/Magneto/Storm/Sentinel/Doom, and then new characters on top of that. Also, a complete Capcom cast this time.

Though the best option would be to simply remove all Marvel characters and do a 100% Capcom game.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017

I think it would maybe be wise for them to distance themselves away from Infinite. If it an incredibly overwhelming roster it might be too much for people to take in. Especially when there was a lot of characters no one cared that much about in Infinite.

I just think it's a tall order to add a ton more characters while also fixing the existing roster, artstyle, presentation and graphics.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
The newcomers in Infinite were the least of the problems. I mean I've waited years for Carol to be added in the MvC series! Even then, Marvel is the one that decides its side of the roster (no matter the fan demand), they just shouldn't be placing petty
an embargoes (looking at you Perlmutter).

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
The newcomers in Infinite were the least of the problems. I mean I've waited years for Carol to be added in the MvC series! Even then, Marvel is the one that decides its side of the roster (no matter the fan demand), they just shouldn't be placing petty
an embargoes (looking at you Perlmutter).

I wasn't saying the roster was a problem really, but it didn't help the game's image when the iconic characters from MVC2 and MVC3 didn't come back and that's what a lot of casual and hardcore fans wanted from a next gen MVC game. When you don't have characters like Wolverine and Magneto in an MVC game, most people start asking questions.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They should go the Smash route and have everyone available, at least from ultimate and infinite.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
They should go the Smash route and have everyone available, at least from ultimate and infinite.

That's if Marvel is willing to go through that route. Capcom could do that more likely than Marvel, but even that's a long shot.

When you don't have characters like Wolverine and Magneto in an MVC game, most people start asking questions.

I mean that kind of was expected, because the X-Men/F4 embargo occurred before MvCI. Well apart from the FGC that probably had no idea about this embargo.

It is understandable people will associate the Infite newcomers with the title itself, but it won't be that big of a problem should they return. So as long as a middle ground is reached, akin to UMvC3, which IMO had the best mixture of Marvel's lineup of characters.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I really want to believe. I was just saying yesterday to a friend how much I miss mvc, and that these other tag games just don't scratch the same itch.

But on the other hand, it's Fchamp.
But he's not the only person? That French guy who leaked several correct things about Street Fighter like a year in advance said it was going to be just like KOF12>13. Then he went back on his word for whatever reason because I guess too many people saw it.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
That's if Marvel is willing to go through that route. Capcom could do that more likely than Marvel, but even that's a long shot.

I mean that kind of was expected, because the X-Men/F4 embargo occurred before MvCI. Well apart from the FGC that probably had no idea about this embargo.

It is understandable people will associate the Infite newcomers with the title itself, but it won't be that big of a problem should they return. So as long as a middle ground is reached, akin to UMvC3, which IMO had the best mixture of Marvel's lineup of characters.

Agreed, if they can pull it off I'm all for it.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'm pretty sure this theoretical game can match Smash Ultimate's launch roster if Capcom pulled in every possible 3D Versus asset. If you disregard echo fighters, anyway. They could include an unlock system too, because casual players apparently love that.

Edit: Yeah, they can get very close at 68 unique characters, and that's not including potential new fighters.

Capcom:
Akuma
Alex
Amaterasu
Arthur
Batsu
C. Viper
Chris
Chun Li
Dante
Felicia
Firebrand
Frank West
Haggar
Hsien Ko
Jedah
Jill
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
PTX-40(?)
Phoenix Wright
Roll
Ryu
Saki
Sigma
Soki
Spencer
Strider
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Volnutt
Wesker
X
Zero

Marvel:
Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Deadpool
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Dr. Doom
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Fist
Iron Man
MODOK
Magneto
Nova
Phoenix
Rocket
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma Gorath
Spider-Man
Storm
Super Skrull
Taskmaster
Thanos
Thor
Ultron
Venom
Winter Soldier
Wolverine
X-23

Last edited:

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm pretty sure this theoretical game can match Smash Ultimate's launch roster if Capcom pulled in every possible 3D Versus asset. If you disregard echo fighters, anyway. They could include an unlock system too, because casual players apparently love that.

Edit: Yeah, they can get very close at 68 unique characters, and that's not including potential new fighters.

Capcom:
Akuma
Alex
Amaterasu
Arthur
Batsu
C. Viper
Chris
Chun Li
Dante
Felicia
Firebrand
Frank West
Haggar
Hsien Ko
Jedah
Jill
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
PTX-40(?)
Phoenix Wright
Roll
Ryu
Saki
Sigma
Soki
Spencer
Strider
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Volnutt
Wesker
X
Zero

Marvel:
Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Deadpool
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Dr. Doom
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Fist
Iron Man
MODOK
Magneto
Nova
Phoenix
Rocket
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma Gorath
Spider-Man
Storm
Super Skrull
Taskmaster
Thanos
Thor
Ultron
Venom
Winter Soldier
Wolverine
X-23
yeah that's never gonna happen

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Capcom:
Akuma
Alex
Amaterasu
Arthur
Batsu
C. Viper
Chris
Chun Li
Dante
Felicia
Firebrand
Frank West
Haggar
Hsien Ko
Jedah
Jill
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
PTX-40(?)
Phoenix Wright
Roll
Ryu
Saki
Sigma
Soki
Spencer
Strider
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Volnutt
Wesker
X
Zero

Marvel:
Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Deadpool
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Dr. Doom
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Fist
Iron Man
MODOK
Magneto
Nova
Phoenix
Rocket
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma Gorath
Spider-Man
Storm
Super Skrull
Taskmaster
Thanos
Thor
Ultron
Venom
Winter Soldier
Wolverine
X-23

Whew, that sure would be something, I would pass out from the hype.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Going with the hypothetical MVC4 in April Reveal.
They need to play HEAVY on fan favorites and more niche picks on the capcom side.
Vergil, Wesker, and stuff like Regina and Asuka need to be what we're in for on the Capcom side.

I don't have a horse on the Marvel side, but I figure even with Marvel being more lenient in this potential case. It's still gonna be rather heavy on the mainstream appeal. If I were to say anything about how the roster should look. It should be more about "cool" characters over anything else, much like MVC1 and MVC2 were.

People still don't know who the fuck Jin is outside "that rad mecha dude in MVC that gets naked sometimes" or Hayato outside "That dude with the lightsaber". Which is 100% ok and just helps the capcom side of the roster be that much more special.

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's random take:

The roster choices on the Marvel side are more important than the Capcom side in a MvC game.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Nero, Gill or Gene are (even individually) more exciting than literally any Marvel prospect imaginable

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Nero, Gill or Gene are (even individually) more exciting than literally any Marvel prospect imaginable
I personally can't relate to anyone that finds Gill exciting, But i'm also the type that would be fine if he never showed up in a future SF ever again. Like hes anti hype for me lol and I never got the appeal to him.

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing through DMC5 and this version of Nero would be amazing to have in an MvC game. He could even have a Nico van super!