• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently March 20th is the official date for Marvels acquisition of Fox.

Just in time for that April reveal.

wolvie-claws.gif
Marvel characters being in games have never been contingent on a merger though. Marvel is just a shitty, petty company. And I agree with Nero. He has the potential to be even more complex than Dante unless they finally add Dante's styles to the game.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yup. Ike Perlmutter and Ike Perlmutter alone is the one who enforced the Fox embargo. Nothing to do with rights whatsoever.

Just sad that he lifted such a petty embargo just as MvCI was related not long after.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whens' X-men. When's MvC4.

Heck I'd settle for MvC2 with the fantastic netcode from MvCI....

Fingers crossed that they'll get a collection of sorts together, if MvC4 is a thing. I'm real glad UMvC3 got out of hell, but 2's absence on modern platforms maddening. It has a certain charm to it that will never be perfectly replicated.

Man, I really hope Champ is for real. I need a new Marvel. None of the current substitutes are doing it for me.

I don't have a ton of faith in fchamp alone, but there's little things here and there that pop up keeping me optimistic. I think UMvC3 on gamepass a little while ago was pretty major, despite not getting much fanfare.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Fingers crossed that they'll get a collection of sorts together, if MvC4 is a thing. I'm real glad UMvC3 got out of hell, but 2's absence on modern platforms maddening. It has a certain charm to it that will never be perfectly replicated.

I don't have a ton of faith in fchamp alone, but there's little things here and there that pop up keeping me optimistic. I think UMvC3 on gamepass a little while ago was pretty major, despite not getting much fanfare.

Champ can be a troll at times, but knowing his love for Marvel, I really don't see a reason why he'd keep making tweets like that if there was no basis to them.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Champ can be a troll at times, but knowing his love for Marvel, I really don't see a reason why he'd keep making tweets like that if there was no basis to them.

There's good arguments that he would know something, I'm just feeling cautious. I'm sure he's got friends in the right places, if he's not in the right places himself. Him being a tester for MvCI could have carried over here, but the DLC leaks that supposedly came from his build may have caused a stir that would revoke that kind of access moving forward. Wish we had a few other prominent voices saying things to corroborate.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
When I asked Kbrad about it, he said he's "heard talks", but can't verify if it's legit or not. I have a feeling most would be more tight-lipped about something like that compared to Champ.

I wanna believe, but it seems like such a long-shot. Think I'll just remain cautiously optimistic.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Eh, I mean people like FChamp and Kbrad aren't known for much else outside of Marvel so I could see them stirring the fire just for attention. If more big names like Justin Wong or Clockwork started throwing some hints out I'd be more optimistic.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Kbrad has always been known for being a Street Fighter player. He played Marvel but it's not what many associated him with.

FChamp could be doing it for attention, but we'll see.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the French guy who said it was being revealed in April then said he never mentioned Marvel at all also leaked Rashid, Laura and and V-Triggers (literally weeks after the game was revealed) by name, then proceeded to say he didn't despite proof existing that he, in fact, did.

Brehs...it's happening.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be over the moon if a MvC2 (physical preferably) port was announced, or even a brand new game. I liked Infinite despite its faults but it could have been so much better...

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Indeed. Hopefully speaks to the longevity of MvCI and UMvC3 on digital storefronts, without worry of delisting anytime soon.

And Marvel had to sign off on it so that should be a good thing, you'd think they wouldn't want this title making any sort of headlines ever again. If Marvel approved this, let's see that MvC collection..

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Indeed. Hopefully speaks to the longevity of MvCI and UMvC3 on digital storefronts, without worry of delisting anytime soon.

And Marvel had to sign off on it so that should be a good thing, you'd think they wouldn't want this title making any sort of headlines ever again. If Marvel approved this, let's see that MvC collection..
Except this isn't making any headlines, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Except this isn't making any headlines, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was formally announced as part of the new additions and the news of these titles will be making the rounds today.

No it's not major headlines, but it's exposure for a title Marvel seemingly wanted so desperately to disappear, and yet.. Marvel allowed the game on the service and now millions of subscribers have been alerted they have access to it. Just food for thought :)

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what publishers get for putting games on Gamepass (upfront $ or $ per download?) but it seems like it's a good way to squeeze out a little extra return when a game's pretty much done selling. So why not put it there? The best takeaway from this is probably that their contract with Marvel is not forcing them to simply de-list it, with might indicate they are on good terms even if MvCI bombed.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When games like that are added to Gamepass, what happens to the DLC? Are they added as well? Do the players need to buy them separately?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
When games like that are added to Gamepass, what happens to the DLC? Are they added as well? Do the players need to buy them separately?
"
Do I buy DLC separately?
Members can purchase DLC and consumables for Xbox One games at up to 10% off the Microsoft Store price while the game is in the Xbox Game Pass catalog. Xbox Game Pass discounts can't be combined with other offers and are not redeemable for cash; discount offers exclude games within 30 days of their launch; discounts are based on the Microsoft Store price.
"

From the Gamepass FAQ -

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what publishers get for putting games on Gamepass (upfront $ or $ per download?) but it seems like it's a good way to squeeze out a little extra return when a game's pretty much done selling. So why not put it there? The best takeaway from this is probably that their contract with Marvel is not forcing them to simply de-list it, with might indicate they are on good terms even if MvCI bombed.

It's hard for me to imagine the gamepass deal would benefit Marvel in any tremendous way, I'd think Capcom would reap more. Obviously depends on the deal, I just don't see Marvel getting much out of it. Couple that with the very obvious kneecapping the game got from Marvel, so why add it to gamepass becomes a million dollar question. Seems like it's more of a favor to Capcom.

Signing off on Marvel 3? I get it. MvCI? Mystifying. I can only hope it means good things down the line, you're spot on with the best takeaway.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well friends, it seems I am destined to be dusted today. If Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is announced this month, I'll be with you in spirit (and on discord).

AVENGE ME.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's going to happen. I don't know about it happening this month though when E3 is right around the corner. I don't think they've announced a game this generation outside of an event.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yeah, I'm starting to think we are getting something.

We had this leak awhile back
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...-to-be-rebranded-as-marvel-vs-capcom-4.74464/

MVC:I support was dropped QUICK and I can't inagjne they all just went to SFV (since the idea was to have multiple fighters)

Max seems to be implying something fighter related makes sense
https://twitter.com/eventhubs/status/1113273565162479616?s=21

Capcom apparently has a smaller year for titles this Quarter. RE3 and a repurposed infinite into MVC4 fits that bill imo.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
As a super pessimist I can't possibly get hyped about any rumours, especially after how Infinite turned out (though Max raises a great point about just how the heck Infinite did sell so much, as it certainly wasn't based on how it looked/roster). But following Capcom like I do, I gotta wonder just what they have coming (bar Iceborne) now that DMC5 an RE2 are out in the wild. E3 should be interesting at least, no way will they not announce at least one big new game there.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
As a super pessimist I can't possibly get hyped about any rumours, especially after how Infinite turned out (though Max raises a great point about just how the heck Infinite did sell so much, as it certainly wasn't based on how it looked/roster). But following Capcom like I do, I gotta wonder just what they have coming (bar Iceborne) now that DMC5 an RE2 are out in the wild. E3 should be interesting at least, no way will they not announce at least one big new game there.
Yes. The biggest shocker about Marvel Infinite is it being able to sell ~1M copies. The brand is obviously still strong despite the entire internet going on a meme campaign against it to make sure it failed (not that it didn't deserve to).

~2 years to make a rebranded game with some sort of comic book graphics filter and a bunch of characters on the base roster doesn't seem far fetched to me. But I guess we'll see.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Yes. The biggest shocker about Marvel Infinite is it being able to sell ~1M copies. The brand is obviously still strong despite the entire internet going on a meme campaign against it to make sure it failed (not that it didn't deserve to).

~2 years to make a rebranded game with some sort of comic book graphics filter and a bunch of characters on the base roster doesn't seem far fetched to me. But I guess we'll see.

We can hope.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Also as far as leakers are concerned, the one French source we have now for MvC4 is more reliable than the one we had for a Infinite. Reminder that Infinite was leaked first by a YouTuber lol.

Edit: found the tweet