• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Marvelous Europe's response, in which they explain that they are not the publishers of the game in the west and that the claims come from Marvelous Inc, the Japanese publisher:

This also goes against fair use, as reviews are protected by this.

And seems like because of this the game will not be covered by Digital Foundry:

Nintendo has nothing to do with this situation, it's Marvelous Inc. who are making the claims.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Meh, I was hoping dark1x would make a video about the game and how it changed from the first video. This is stupid as hell on Marvelous' side.

I saw this earlier on gamexplain. Really disappointing to see this kind of miscommunication between studios :/ if you're just going to compromise a livelihood of a person or a team just because of bad communication, it's better that you just use your own social channels to promote the game and let it die out rather than troubling YouTube creators to do videos on it only to strike them.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo keeps living in the pre internet era.

Edit: So Marvelous was lying about Nintendo?

Lol

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Please advertise our game!

Wait no you don't get paid for it!

Why aren't you covering our game?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I thought Nintendo changed their policy to allow gameplay footage with commentary on Youtube. This shouldn't have been a problem with their new policy.

Oct 27, 2017
On another note, first time I'm hearing this is published by Marvelous in Japan. Given how we got new information on it, I was pretty positive that this was a Nintendo IP with Marvelous First Studio just developing it, just as Astral Chain was.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
I don't get it, are they just outright lying about approaching Nintendo then? Who is it that's making the order exactly?

ErazorRain

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like "It's NOT Nintendo claiming it!!!" needs to be in the OP.... with red, big, letters.... As some people can't seem to read properly

Marvelous Europe: please blaim Marvelous Japan, not us!
OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
How about both of you fuck off with this shit. Marvelous literally said it was Nintendo's responsibility. Blame them.
They didn't. They said multiple times that the claims come from Marvelous Inc (Japan) and that they can't do anything because they are not the publisher (it's Nintendo).

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
How about you fuck off with this shit, when Nintendo recently adjusted their policies to allow their content to be used freely on the platform. This is all on Marvelous.

To be fair, Nintendo should be clear to content creators when a second or third party developer will try to claim their content. Pokémon has the same issue.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Sounds like whoever is in charge of carrying out copy right violations at Marvelous in Japan should get someone to explain to them that these YouTube vids are fine.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
On another note, first time I'm hearing this is published by Marvelous in Japan. Given how we got new information on it, I was pretty positive that this was a Nintendo IP with Marvelous First Studio just developing it, just as Astral Chain was.
It isn't a Nintendo IP? News to me. I also thought it was just like Astral Chain.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
That's incredibly stupid of Marvelous to do. DxM is a game that needs all the coverage it can get given how niche it is, and yet Marvelous is effectively shutting down any coverage of the game by requiring ad removal, which makes literally no sense in so many ways.

Marvelous JP really needs to reverse these claims. No reason that they should even be there in the first place, they're reviews and previews.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I'm pretty much expecting at least a PC port like a year after release like Octopath.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I remember Marvelous Japan copyright claiming their own game trailers, uploaded by them, on Youtube.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
People on ERA really hate to read.

Dumb move my MMV - this game needs as much word of mouth as possible.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
How about both of you fuck off with this shit. Marvelous literally said it was Nintendo's responsibility. Blame them.
They said no such thing. They are suggesting DF and GameXplain get in touch with Nintendo so that Nintendo can try and assist in the matter as they are the handling the release in the US. Marvelous US/EU can't do anything as they are not involved. Marvelous Japan are the people making the claims, as the owner of the IP.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
I find it amusing that Marvelous Japan are imposing content ID claims on people considering they had their Youtube account banned for a while a few years back and had to create a second channel as a result.