• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, it's more about getting no news whether a port is coming or not.
It kinda leaves the feeling of the switch being nothing more than an afterthought for me, even through the most reasonable explication was that the game dev started before the switch success, which made a switch port option too late to come out day 1.
Yeah, the problem is the radio silence from publishers regarding future support even when sales of these throw away titles are going great.
I really liked how Sega's handled Valkyria 4 reveal though, where Switch version was announced at the same time even if it's coming at a later date.

Last edited:

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Personally, it's more about getting no news whether a port is coming or not.
It kinda leaves the feeling of the switch being nothing more than an afterthought for me, even through the most reasonable explication was that the game dev started before the switch success, which made a switch port option too late to come out day 1.
Publishers do it ln their best interest, if they announce port is commjng later on, people will sit out of buying the ports that are comming 1st and lublishers would rather lie to you and make you double dip

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Yeah, the problem is the radio silence from publishers regarding future support even when sales of these throw away titles are going great.
I really liked how Sega's handled Valkyria 3 reveal though, where Switch version was announced at the same time even if it's coming at a later date.
Super pedantic because we all know what you mean but it's Valkyria 4.

On-topic; Marvelous commited to two SK spinoffs, Story of Seasons and a port of Extella totally blind while the SK remake and Extella Link were obviously deep in development. This is totally besides how in November they said they wanted to release more titles, so give them some time. I don't think there's any use trying to rake them over the coals with this. :/

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Publishers do it ln their best interest, if they announce port is commjng later on, people will sit out of buying the ports that are comming 1st and lublishers would rather lie to you and make you double dip
Seems rather pointless as most gamers don't double dip and requires them to assume that they own multiple consoles per generation. I myself have only done so when a game is being remastered or ported from a previous generation console to a next generation console

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In a way it worked for me i guess, since i bought fate extella twice, but i only did this because i found the game boring to play on ps4 but fun while on a bus on switch, i don't think it'll happen twice.

vinnykappa

Oct 27, 2017
The power of HD Rumble

omgx1alzwdcwbwyuasem.gif
there it is, lol

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really seen anything suggesting that Nintendo is funding/publishing the new No More Heroes game like they have with Bayonetta 2/3. I don't think we can chalk up every third party exclusive game on the Switch to being "Nintendo paid for it". I doubt Nintendo paid to make Shin Megami Tensei V exclusive, for example.

Maybe what makes sense to third party companies doesn't always make sense to us since we don't know everything they do. It could be a case of Marvelous feeling that the cost to develop on Switch was low, and the potential audience/cost to improve the visuals further wasn't worth it on other platforms. I don't really know, but I won't believe Nintendo has a direct hand in bringing back NMH until I see some proof.
I've never once said they paid for anything. I said they put the plot in motion. and I cant see any other reasoning for this game to exist like it does other than Nintendo wanting it. it's not a game that really slots in well with Marvelous's plan

Microsoft money swaying him perhaps? Phil has been trying to get more Japanese games on the platform lately.
why the hell would MS pay for Senran Kagura? the dude here is wishfully talking up a Vita 2, whatever the hell that means. he just got strange console interests that doesnt seem to be be in-line with reality

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With Vita going out, Marvelous need to work on Switch no matter what. Now just give me Rune Factory 5 please.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
But yeah, as said in other threads, Takaki is still hoping for a Vita 2 and is not that interested by the Switch.

Supposed to be released soon I think. Burst RE (PS4 only remake of a 3DS game) is just coming out sooner so the PR machine is all about that.
srsly Takaki? dumb af

didn't even know Burst was getting a remake. Looks like the 3D trash tho :(

OP
OP
sfortunato

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Unlike previous some previous recent Nintendo systems, such as GCN and Wii U, Switch's audience is very receptive toward third-party titles.

The "Wii gamers are not buying third party software" is a myth.

Wii third party software was selling pretty well when done right. And I'm talking about more hardcore franchises rather than casual one that eventually monopolized the platform. E.g, RE4 Wii Edition sold TWO million on Wii, almost on par with the PS2 version. No More Heroes was the best selling Suda51 game back then. Problem was, Capcom kept developing rail-shooter on Wii instead of proper entries and No More Heroes 2 was released too late. These are just two examples of course but there are plenty.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Switch gets Fate/Extella Link later on that's complete BS. Are Switch owners supposed to settle for late ports every time?

On any other system late ports are released in order to build an audience and then the next release is day and date.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
As long as Story of Seasons and NMH are coming, that's fine by me. I know nothing about Fates or Senran.

Oct 27, 2017
Make sense. The Senran Kagura game was the first game I bought and played on my Switch that I got for xmas. Wouldn't put it past Marvelous to treat the Switch as the late cash grab port machine.

flat ass
phat ass
big titties

small tiddies
with dicks
without dicks

nice boots
barefoot

there's a waifu for everyone
Ah yes, another person of culture :>

OP
OP
sfortunato

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
A late porting makes sense during launch year. PS4 had plenty of them. After one year, though, software houses must keep up with the pace. There are no excuses. Now, Marvelous is a small company but still, it's not that there are many other alternatives in the market.