• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
That... doesn't really strike me as a serious implication. I mean, ultimately, it's up to Marvelous as it's their IP, but I don't think Suda would have any insight on those plans.
Agreed, Suda seems pretty committed to Switch for the game. Maybe Marvelous ports it down the line without his involvement though, like they did NMH1.

I'm pretty sure that Suda was just joking here, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually invested in Travis Strikes Again.
I'm sort of expecting Nintendo to publish it honestly.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo fans are covert perverts.
I thought they were ass people.

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_n59xwo7qwr1rzxhn7o1_1280.png

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unlike previous some previous recent Nintendo systems, such as GCN and Wii U, Switch's audience is very receptive toward third-party titles. I hope, after all the success stories reported, this stigma ends once and for all, as well the excuses to avoid supporting Nintendo under these "reasons".

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Extella Link will come to Switch sooner or later. The game is coming out very soon, and it may have already been in development before they saw how well the port of the original did on Switch.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Extella Link will come to Switch sooner or later. The game is coming out very soon, and it may have already been in development before they saw how well the port of the original did on Switch.
Yeah, it's probably not worth freaking out over whether or not Marvelous is sincere or not about their Switch efforts until we start seeing them announce games that clearly went into development after it was obvious that the Switch was a hit and their games are doing well on it skip the system.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Ha, bizarre that the sequels won't be releasing for the Switch... yet.

Sometimes I feel the more traditional third parties just take the piss with Nintendo machines.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading about a game that was leaked by the Taiwan and Australian rating boards for Switch and PS4. It was a HD rerelease of a mech shooting game that was originally on Vita(never localized on it). Forget the name, but it by Marvelous.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ha, bizarre that the sequels won't be releasing for the Switch... yet.

Sometimes I feel the more traditional third parties just take the piss with Nintendo machines.
Im sure the new extrella fate will gets it port in due time. They didnt want to delay it cause likely there is an event time tied to it in GO

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I concur. I know that Neverland doesn't exist anynore, but the people who worked there now works at Marvelous, correct?
There are former Neverland staff members working at Marvelous now. I could not find a source that states that all Neverland employees are there now, but those that are there went to work on Forbidden Magna.

Oct 27, 2017
If Marvelous wants to ignore the Switch, it's their loss. When other developers an publishers are flocking to the console after their titles did so well, they're just going to look stupid.

Oct 26, 2017
lmao, it really hurts how shitty this is, if the games flopped it would be understandable but not supporting a system that gives you profits is weird
Such is the Nintendo system way. Developers ignoring a system that should really be a no brainer

Aaaaand that's my cue to leave.
Heh, it's just a joke, dude, lighten up

It was just perfectly set up :P

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand all these comments that Marvelous is ignoring the Switch. Fate/Extella Link was announced relatively recently and comes out very soon. If the Switch port of the original performed well, then the Switch likely will get a port of the sequel soon enough.

Not to mention Marvelous is publishing the new No More Heroes game, exclusive for Switch. Like a lot of developers, I think they're just getting started.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
that Senran "game" on Switch looks bloody awful

if they can achieve good sales selling something like that, then a real game (remastered 3DS versions perhaps) should sell pretty well

Nintendo fans are covert perverts. they sneak by because the games arent so outward, but waifu culture is strong within the fandom. and I'm not talking about Fire Emblem
We've all seen what happens in the Animal Crossing threads at the old place...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand all these comments that Marvelous is ignoring the Switch. Fate/Extella Link was announced relatively recently and comes out very soon. If the Switch port of the original performed well, then the Switch likely will get a port of the sequel soon enough.

Not to mention Marvelous is publishing the new No More Heroes game, exclusive for Switch. Like a lot of developers, I think they're just getting started.
I dont believe Marvelous suddenly though, "hey lets make a sequel to No More Heroes of all games, and put it on the Switch and not XBO/PS4 despite them being more established mature action game systems. oh and lets get the original creator and writer back on board even though he works for a different company who's as big, if not larger than us."

nah, Nintendo had to have put the shapes to it themselves. there's just too much stuff inbetween for me to believe Marvelous wanted this themselves, and now of all times when there are systems where it would do equally if not better on. yea I know the PS3 port of the first game didnt do as well as the wii game, but at the same time, there's a definite audience on the set box twins that can be tapped into

We've all seen what happens in the Animal Crossing threads at the old place...
Bill Trinan cucked a lot of people.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Personally, it's more about getting no news whether a port is coming or not.
It kinda leaves the feeling of the switch being nothing more than an afterthought for me, even through the most reasonable explication was that the game dev started before the switch success, which made a switch port option too late to come out day 1.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I dont believe Marvelous suddenly though, "hey lets make a sequel to No More Heroes of all games, and put it on the Switch and not XBO/PS4 despite them being more established mature action game systems. oh and lets get the original creator and writer back on board even though he works for a different company who's as big, if not larger than us."

nah, Nintendo had to have put the shapes to it themselves. there's just too much stuff inbetween for me to believe Marvelous wanted this themselves, and now of all times when there are systems where it would do equally if not better on. yea I know the PS3 port of the first game didnt do as well as the wii game, but at the same time, there's a definite audience on the set box twins that can be tapped into

Bill Trinan cucked a lot of people.

I haven't really seen anything suggesting that Nintendo is funding/publishing the new No More Heroes game like they have with Bayonetta 2/3. I don't think we can chalk up every third party exclusive game on the Switch to being "Nintendo paid for it". I doubt Nintendo paid to make Shin Megami Tensei V exclusive, for example.

Maybe what makes sense to third party companies doesn't always make sense to us since we don't know everything they do. It could be a case of Marvelous feeling that the cost to develop on Switch was low, and the potential audience/cost to improve the visuals further wasn't worth it on other platforms. I don't really know, but I won't believe Nintendo has a direct hand in bringing back NMH until I see some proof.

Oct 27, 2017

the thing with No More Heroes is that it sold way better on nintendo systems and Suda 51 wants Travis on smash, not exactly a normal series. Also fair enough, maybe the timing of the new games didn't give them a chance to prepare a port, its just that this has been a thing with nintendo systems for a while, take RE revelations for example, sold really well on the 3ds yet the sequel wasn't for the 3ds