• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Does Agents of Shield deserve a Season Seven

• Yes

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Most Definitely

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Wait, what happen to Six?

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Only if they include The Daughters of the Dragon

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Thor 2: The Ghost Rider

Votes: 27 26.2%

• Total voters

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
Say it ain't so Chloe... I saw him in the backseat of one of her Instagram stories while she was in Chicago and thought that was kinda odd. Cut that bum loose, you can do sooo much better.

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2018/07/08/logan-paul-chloe-bennet-are-reportedly-dating-again/

https://theblast.com/logan-paul-chloe-bennet-pda-vacation-chicago/
Erghh, she's entitled to obviously do and date whomever she wants but you're right, she could do so much better.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Actually worse than dating Ward.

Yea, Ward's a lot better at selling himself too

tumblr_n4tu8eSYR21qllhdno4_250.gif

Eh none of my business.

I'll take a moment to silently judge her, then slowly but surely forget that this is a thing as I wait for next season

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, it's her life. He's a bit of a cunt, but whatever.

No idea why she pretended they weren't dating for so long though, just own that shit.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Ming just posted to her Instagram stories that they start shooting SHIELD next week already. That seems crazy early for something that's not going to air until next summer?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Ming just posted to her Instagram stories that they start shooting SHIELD next week already. That seems crazy early for something that's not going to air until next summer?

The production time was always going to be the same as it's for the 2018 - 2019 season. There is always the chance that ABC moves up the premiere if other shows fail and they need something on the schedule.

I feel bad for the writers though. How are they supposed to write this around Infinity War or Avengers 4 if they don't know exactly when they're airing or how A4 will end.

They're talented enough to work around it but I hope they're getting some information from Marvel Studios. At least enough to have a basic idea.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The production time was always going to be the same as it's for the 2018 - 2019 season. There is always the chance that ABC moves up the premiere if other shows fail and they need something on the schedule.

I feel bad for the writers though. How are they supposed to write this around Infinity War or Avengers 4 if they don't know exactly when they're airing or how A4 will end.

They're talented enough to work around it but I hope they're getting some information from Marvel Studios. At least enough to have a basic idea.
Yeah, I reeeeally hope they've had talks with the movie side in terms of how they can work around everything. Either their season story line is so small in scope and
every one of the main cast didn't get dusted, or they're going to some other dimension or time again to just avoid it altogether.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, I reeeeally hope they've had talks with the movie side in terms of how they can work around everything. Either their season story line is so small in scope and
every one of the main cast didn't get dusted
, or they're going to some other dimension or time again to just avoid it altogether.

You should probably spoiler tag that just in case.

If it does take place after Avengers 4, then they don't even have to worry about it I guess.

Depending on how A4 reverses what happened in A4, it might actually make sense for the TV shows to ignore it. For example:

If time travel is involved and they make it so the dusting never actually happened, how would AoS react to that in the middle of its story?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
They're starting production already? Yeah, they're really not going to have any good options for dealing with Avengers. I guess they could follow up on IW's ending and just pretend that A4 won't entail time travel that undoes the entire season.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
My theory for how this will wok out is as follows...

Avengers 3 and 4 happen, but Avengers 4 essentially resets everything back to right before the ending of Avengers 3 and they prevent the snap in the first place. If that happens, then SHIELD season 6 would essentially be un-affected by anything. They'd just continue on as normal and not remember any of the time between Avengers 3 and 4. The events that we will see as an audience will "technically" be post Avengers 4, but in essence post Avengers 3 with the good ending. So they can air the show at any time and it'd still make sense 'in universe'. Whew, does that make sense?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
My theory for how this will wok out is as follows...

Avengers 3 and 4 happen, but Avengers 4 essentially resets everything back to right before the ending of Avengers 3 and they prevent the snap in the first place. If that happens, then SHIELD season 6 would essentially be un-affected by anything. They'd just continue on as normal and not remember any of the time between Avengers 3 and 4. The events that we will see as an audience will "technically" be post Avengers 4, but in essence post Avengers 3 with the good ending. So they can air the show at any time and it'd still make sense 'in universe'. Whew, does that make sense?

That seems like the least bad option, yeah. Just refer vaguely to Thanos having been defeated at some point in the recent past, or don't mention him at all, and proceed onward from the S5 ending as though nothing much had happened.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
That seems like the least bad option, yeah. Just refer vaguely to Thanos having been defeated at some point in the recent past, or don't mention him at all, and proceed onward from the S5 ending as though nothing much had happened.
Yup. Though it would be kinda cool to see a SHIELD show that takes place in a post Avengers 3 world and all the chaos that they'd have to circumvent.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Honestly other than Winter Soldier and the infiltration of Hydra the movies haven't really affected the show much. Infinity War might be tough to avoid though.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're starting production already? Yeah, they're really not going to have any good options for dealing with Avengers. I guess they could follow up on IW's ending and just pretend that A4 won't entail time travel that undoes the entire season.
...they know the fucking ending

It might get moved up some, but there's basically a blackout on Marvel media right now because it's clear the post-A3 timeline isn't going to be kept around, so they don't want people playing in it when it's just going to be erased/altered.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Chloe Bennet about Season 6 and Marvel Rising:

Seems like there's a fun announcement coming in the next couple of days that she will get to announce.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So when Felicia Day did a charity stream for RAICES a few weeks back I won an Agents of SHIELD poster signed by the cast. It just arrived today! The tube it was packaged in was damaged and taped and one side's lid was missing causing some slight damage along one edge. But hell it's not like I was gonna eBay it or anything so I don't really care! It's pretty cool. I'd show pics, but the only device I have capable of it is my shitty old Kindle Fire's godawful camera. And anyway I don't have it up yet, gotta figure out a safe way to display it. This is the poster, so just imagine some fraying on the left edge and cast signatures :p

6Qs2rrf.jpg

/brag post

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Rewatching S5 and oh man the stuff you notice now. Like the picture Robin draws of May and Coulson on a tropical beach together.

Or of a man, woman, and little girl but with blank faces standing together like a family photo. Most likely Fitz, Simmons, and their daughter.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So when Felicia Day did a charity stream for RAICES a few weeks back I won an Agents of SHIELD poster signed by the cast. It just arrived today! The tube it was packaged in was damaged and taped and one side's lid was missing causing some slight damage along one edge. But hell it's not like I was gonna eBay it or anything so I don't really care! It's pretty cool. I'd show pics, but the only device I have capable of it is my shitty old Kindle Fire's godawful camera. And anyway I don't have it up yet, gotta figure out a safe way to display it. This is the poster, so just imagine some fraying on the left edge and cast signatures

/brag post
That's such a nice thing to win. Congratulation!

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Coulson doesn't make a return, I'm happy knowing that Clark Gregg is staying with his TV family til the end.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Either it's an excuse to stop rumors of Clark Gregg being on set, or simply a nice gesture to the former leading man.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Jeff Ward? Doesn't everyone hate that guy?!?

I actually liked him a fair bit, but gotta keep with the "Jeff Ward/Deke sucks" jokes.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very interesting to see how SHIELD lines up with A4's ending, though I agree with the speculation posted above.

The writers said they knew the ending to A3 in advance but didnt know if they were gonna get cancelled so I'm hoping they have been told what happens in A4 if they're shooting so early.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It was honestly crazy how much his character improved once he came to the present day.
I actually preferred him in the future. The survivalist in him gave him a unique role within the group. In the present he was just this dope that we had to care about because he's FitzSimmons grandson.

The asshole with a heart of gold is a trope I've largely tired of, but it worked for him. Though his softening after making it to the past and out of a dystopian future makes complete sense and I enjoyed it.

I wish Flint would make a comeback. That kid's actor was fantastic.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I loooove how Jeff seems to be the "that guy" of the group.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017