• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Not a fan of the poster but I'm really hyped for the series final season.

I hope Captain America shows up in the final episode and hugs Coulson.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me. Forgot how amazing some of the moments in the last season were.
Yep, and so many amazing gifs every week. :)

Agents of Shield in SPAAACE looks interesting.

Gonna be Guardians of the Galaxy references galore.
Yeah. Yes please.

They're not saying it outright but yeah he's clearly one.
Yeah, it seems like it.

Deke (aka Not-Star-Lord) is such an obvious Star-Lord knockoff that I'd be more surprised if he wasn't revealed as a villain.
Heh yeah.

Amazed how much im enjoying it.
Yeah, it really surprised, it's really good.

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
anybody got that gif where he's in the containment pod and he starts transforming and like... shakes the rest of his skin off?

ThunderousWhoppingAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif

Africanus II

Oct 26, 2017
So wait.
After 3.5 seasons of rebuilding and repairing SHIELD, is it essentially right back to where it was?
That's a lot of work gone to waste.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I like that Quake's short hair lasted all of half a season before she just started growing it long again.

JordanDeGroot

Oct 25, 2017
Can' t wait for this series, the end reveal at the end of last series was just jaw dropping, especially as I'd managed to avoid any spoilers before hand. I actually liked the first part of season one unlike a lot of people, the only part across the 4 series which I really didn't like was the second half of season two with the stupid Cal and city of inhumans stuff :/. Things picked back up in season three though with the amazing off planet episodes and origins of Hydra.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, you're saying this is better than DD S1 then? I really need to get onboard with Agents of Shield, i haven't given it a chance since the first season was apparently pretty crappy but

this now makes me want to power through to get to the good stuff hmmm... thing is though, how many 20+ episodes seasons of amazing shows can i take? My backlog of supposedly great shows is already unfathomably huge :(

I think it was better than S1 of DD, yes. They split season 4 into 3 arcs so all the stories moved at a super fast pace, I seem to recall there being maybe 1 episode that felt a little like filler. There was a lot of "holy shit" moments. It was legitimately great TV.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
I think it was better than S1 of DD, yes. They split season 4 into 3 arcs so all the stories moved at a super fast pace, I seem to recall there being maybe 1 episode that felt like a little like filler. There was a lot of "holy shit" moments. It was legitimately great TV.

Agreed. It was an ingenious way to solve the 22 episode season problem. I hope they do it again this year.

JordanDeGroot

Oct 25, 2017
Bold words going down, I think DD season 1 was amazing so its a tough comparison to make, cut man is probably one of the best tv episodes of anything over recent years, though I loved AOS season 4 I think the only episode I think gets close to comparing to that quality of tv is the 4,722 hours episode in series 3, now damn that was an episode.

JordanDeGroot

Oct 25, 2017
4%2C722_Hours_title_screen.png

Yeah the title cards really helped to split up the season in season 4. I like when they mix up the opening, I know it was season 3 not 4 but just beacuse I was mentioning 4,722 hours a few coments back the above opening was a doozy.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Man I loved S4. I really did.

The GR arc had the downside of having shit villains (the raccoon-looking ghosts) but fuck it, Ghost Rider was hype as fuck. Gabriel Luna did good. Then the LMD arc ramped up the tension and it all culminated in one of the best episodes of the series - "Self Control". Back then in S1 I never would've guessed that AoS could do something like that. Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain de Caestecker are just... damn. They're quite probably the best actors in the main cast, and it really showed during this episode.
And then, the Hydra arc, with all the subversions and callbacks - it felt like a low-key celebration of the series' past. And, fucking hell, Iain de Caestecker was incredibly scary as "The Doctor". One of the best antagonists the series has had so far. And, obviously, AIDA/Ophelia... Mallory Jansen really surprised me. Girl's got RANGE.

So, all in all, the decision to split the season into 3 different (yet connected) arcs is probably the best decision the showrunners ever took. Let's hope S5 manages to maintain that level - or even surpass it.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to irritate some people and say that this is the first trailer that makes AoS look fun.

And Season 4 was fire, mind you, but it never looked like a fun show if you only knew it by the trailers. Consider me hyped.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
While this thread is active, I'm asking for OT name suggestions for the season 5 thread.

Structure:
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 |OT| Insert witty OT name - Fridays 8/7c

Good luck and thanks!

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
S5 |OT| One Giant Leap
S5 |OT| Low Ratings, Low Gravity
S5 |OT| Something Good, Something Bad, A Bit of Both

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
this series finale is going to make me cry isnt it

Not a fan of the poster but I'm really hyped for the series final season.

This is S5, not season 6. we got one more to go ;)

Damn that still impresses the hell out of me.

I think ABC got Disney to convince ILM to let the unpaid interns prove their worth by building their resume/portfolio by working on AoS FX/CGI.
it's the only way they have the best to keep it looking as good as it does.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just an early suggestion for the title. Will try to come up with others later.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 lOTl There's No EarthQuakes In Space

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 lOTl EarthQUAKEs in the SKYE
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 lOTl In Space!
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 lOTl Not the FInal Season
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 lOTl Mad Dekes
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 lOTl They Go To Hawaii, We Go To Space

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
4%2C722_Hours_title_screen.png

Yeah the title cards really helped to split up the season in season 4. I like when they mix up the opening, I know it was season 3 not 4 but just beacuse I was mentioning 4,722 hours a few coments back the above opening was a doozy.
Yeah, the way they did the arcs and title screens in S4 was so good.

Good callback to that older opening, this one was great too.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Off To the ignore list.
Is this sarcasm? I can't think of anything Papa said to legitimately deserve this reaction. Getting people who aren't already hooked (or still believe it to be the same quality as early S1 despite it having been literally half a decade ago) into the series has been SHIELD's biggest issue for years.