• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a huge game with one of the biggest licenses in the world, of course they're going to get every drop out of it as they can. If the game is even decent it's going to sell a lot. Why would you expect anything less?

If it's any consolation all the FF7 stuff from buying Buttfingers eventually arrived in the PSN store for free.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
This is all Sony's fault for being so anti-consumer! /s

Looks like Square-Enix was ready to get into bed with just about any company to market the hell out of this game. Can't say I blame them, it's Avengers and I'd want my logos all over as many packages as possible too.

Can we get some this is what Five Gum feels like Avengers memes going.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the Verizon promotion actually gets you a full code to the game. Might be worth snagging once it goes live. (Past Up rewards are super limited, so it's far from a guarantee)

Well, I know what I'm attempting on Monday.

Pretty sure that's a bad read and it's just saying you can get an exclusive skin pack once the full game launches.
I mean, it flat-out says "a full download of the game and exclusive hero outfits pack when the game releases". Definitely sounds like a free copy of the game.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm reading the fine print of the Verizon thing right now and it doesn't make any mention of a copy of the full game

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Since in game loot can't change your looks, real life loot can (requires purchase)

Final fantasy and this is a bit excessive

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Pretty sure that's a bad read and it's just saying you can get an exclusive skin pack once the full game launches.
Well, I know what I'm attempting on Monday.

I mean, it flat-out says "a full download of the game and exclusive hero outfits pack when the game releases". Definitely sounds like a free copy of the game.
forreal?

my mom got verizon bout to leach that off her
Just read the fine print on the Verizon app - it's just for access to the beta. But yeah, the way it's written - it sounds like you're getting the full game.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I'm reading the fine print of the Verizon thing right now and it doesn't make any mention of a copy of the full game
What does the fine print look like?
Im just going off of the pics as I dont have verizon. But the "And continue the adventure with a full download of the game and exclusive hero outfit packs..." suggest you get the full game at launch.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
What does the fine print look like?
Im just going off of the pics as I dont have verizon. But the "And continue the adventure with a full download of the game and exclusive hero outfit packs..." suggest you get the full game at launch.
Gimme a sec and I'll screenshot it and post it

EDIT:
9JXXz9O.jpg
I'm still gonna claim it anyway, since neither me or my mother (the two people on the account) ever claim any of these Super Tickets anyways, I'll report back if it actually does give the full game

Verizon Up typically gives you $5 towards your next Verizon device, they're not giving away a $60 game lol
TBF this is under the "Super Tickets" section where concert tickets are usually given out, it wouldn't be that strange

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, this game is going to be well funded. I hope it last a long time, I'm loving what I'm seeing and I don't want the threat of Papa Mouse looming with his knife.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The fine print also doesn't mention the skins though, which are definitely included.

Given that the description specifically says "full download of the game ... on September 4", I'm leaning towards a free copy being included, and the T&C just doesn't mention everything.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The fine print also doesn't mention the skins though, which are definitely included.

Given that the description specifically says "full download of the game ... on September 4", I'm leaning towards a free copy being included, and the T&C just doesn't mention everything.
Possible, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Will try to grab a code on Monday regardless, just to see the beta without pre-ordering.