• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I mean, you can argue it all you want, but this is the reason people are having adverse reactions to the characters IMO. Plus they just don't look great anyway.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind the characters. They look good enough. The gameplay though... it looks so bad.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
There's just something about the way this game looks and seemingly plays that I just can't seem to get on board with

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
Steam version requires you to log into it Square Enix account. Maybe we'll get some form of cross progression.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I don't know why I'm fine seeing a different Spiderman, but these look so weird...

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They don't look bad actually

ss_53ec7321d0edea093f81afc50d4909df4134c050.1920x1080.jpg
i just wish they didn't try to go for off brand versions of the cinematic designs. it make it look like you're playing as disneyland actors

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the gameplay looks like pure jank.

It seem like they just can't do a proper melee focused action gameplay.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I need to see raw gameplay that isn't from the tutorial section of the game.
. Still can't tell how the gameplay loop is and how much freedom you have..

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing more disappointing than the ugly character models is the underwhelming character choices. Those pre order costunes are embarrassing

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I need to see raw gameplay that isn't from the tutorial section of the game.
. Still can't tell how the gameplay loop is and how much freedom you have..
This is my biggest issue at the moment too. I still don't know what a real mission in this game actually looks like. Especially a co-op one. That's kind of crazy considering it was originally supposed to be out in 3 months.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to do better than the last Deus Ex and Tomb Raider titles combined.

One of GoW combat designers is actually working on this game lol

One person alone does not make it somehow good. Yeah he designed the axe flight, but then there are other parts that made gow look and feel better than this does

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm a big Marvel fan but this game really isn't convincing me so far. Definitely waiting for the reviews and single player campaign impressions first.

Hope I'm wrong but I just get the feeling the campaign will be basic and disappointing, with the main focus being on the online stuff, which I have no interest in.

Faithless

Oct 27, 2017
They don't look bad actually

ss_53ec7321d0edea093f81afc50d4909df4134c050.1920x1080.jpg
They do honestly.
Especially Iron Man which look like a cybermen from Doctor Who.
All the team seems to be a (good?) bootleg. That's so sad.

One-time online access required for single-player campaign

Well, that's a definitive NO for me, online for offline is a big joke when you buy physical games and are not interested AT ALL by MP.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Sadly, I doubt this game is going to be good. There has yet to be a thing there that actually impresses me.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I'm still hoping the best for this game. I've given it a pre-order on Amazon to lock in the cheaper price, but it's still a bit of an uncertainty for me.

Crystal is a great developer though, and I really hope they can stick the landing.

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
Still baffles me Crystal Dynamics of all developers were given the reigns to make an Avengers game.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
The characters are ugly yeah, but the art style in general is just lacking.

It's a comic book game, make it colourful and cartoony. Spider-Man got it right, this looks like the peak PS360 era muddy brown 'realistic' art style.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I need to remember to drop this in my Fantasy Critic if it doesn't start getting some better buzz

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry about the look, all of them will be replaced with Camilla Luddington for the sequel.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
it does look terrible

but i'm a big dummy that just wants to play as his favorite super heroes so i'll probably still get it

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I need to see something other then the bridge sequence. Its still confusing exactly how the game will play outside of the tutorial area. Am i just revisiting the same 5 locations over and over for missions, or is there an openworld ?

They really have not done a very good job explaining what this game is.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Sony with their bullshit early access.
We getting more than those characters right? Outside of Hulk, Thor and Cap I'm not really interested in anyone else. Kamala reminds me of the plastic man cartoon i watched in the 80's. Reminds me of Reed Richards as well. Idk i never liked "stretchy elongated " characters.
But who knows maybe gameplay will change my mind.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Sony with their bullshit early access.
We getting more than those characters right? Outside of Hulk, Thor and Cap I'm not really interested in anyone else. Kamala reminds me of the plastic man cartoon i watched in the 80's. Reminds me of Reed Richards as well. Idk i never liked "stretchy elongated " characters.
But who knows maybe gameplay will change my mind.

store.na.square-enix-games.com

Square Enix Store | North America

Buy video games online at the Square Enix official store. Shop our top franchises including Final Fantasy, Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest & more.

Swing and a miss

You want to blame someone, blame SE

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Almost makes you think the game is fully done and the release delay is abit artificial.
The game was originally going to be released fairly soon so why are people surprised the achievements are done? They delayed it to September to polish it up, that doesn't mean they'd redo Achievement list. They released them the same time they did pre-orders to get some cheap publicity.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I still don't understand the game and how its going to all work cooperatively but I'm gonna buy it just to support Marvel games. We need more Marvel in gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.