• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing that I've seen about this game makes me want to even play it, it just feels so bland and its crazy. When I first saw Spidey PS4 there was nothing more I wanted to do than play it but this is just a giant nope for me.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I mean MvC:I kind of flopped, a lot of people thought it would crush Injustice 2 based purely on the strength of the MCU's popularity, but that didn't really pan out. Don't get me wrong, I can absolutely see this game doing very well, and it probably will. I just also am reminded of how so many people were convinced Anthem was going to be a massive hit, and that game kind of came and went pretty quickly.

My personal prediction is that this game does very well at launch, but I doubt it will be the big Games as Service hit that keeps huge engagement numbers past the first couple of months.
MvC flopped for entirely different reasons. It's just not comparable at all.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I mean MvC:I kind of flopped, a lot of people thought it would crush Injustice 2 based purely on the strength of the MCU's popularity, but that didn't really pan out. Don't get me wrong, I can absolutely see this game doing very well, and it probably will. I just also am reminded of how so many people were convinced Anthem was going to be a massive hit, and that game kind of came and went pretty quickly.

My personal prediction is that this game does very well at launch, but I doubt it will be the big Games as Service hit that keeps huge engagement numbers past the first couple of months.

The thing with Anthem as well is that it was catastrophically busted and became something of a meme because of that. That's the sort of sudden disaster that IMO would need to happen for Avengers to truly bomb. A game like this doesn't get sunk just by meh gameplay and awkward graphics.

Oct 25, 2017
The designs in this are so fucking ugly. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has a fraction of the budget and looks way better aesthetically.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The designs in this are so fucking ugly. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has a fraction of the budget and looks way better aesthetically.
MUA3 was often criticized for supposedly "looking like a mobile game" though. Obviously that isn't really right and even if they went with a cartoonish aesthetic this game would have visuals on an even higher level, but I guess that's why they went with this hyper realistic style in the first place. They want to stand out from other licensed Marvel games that are out there with a cartoonish aesthetic.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017

The thing with Anthem as well is that it was catastrophically busted and became something of a meme because of that. That's the sort of sudden disaster that IMO would need to happen for Avengers to truly bomb. A game like this doesn't get sunk just by meh gameplay and awkward graphics.

That's entirely fair. I'm not trying to say this game is a guaranteed flop in any way. i was just saying that I could see a possibility of it under performing. I really do hope this game turns out great, I just need to see more before I am convinced to invest my money and time into it.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this game will flop in terms of its reception on this board, the major podcasts, etc. It will turn a profit easily.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I really want to like this game. Bad.

Are the main characters we've seen so far the only playables we know of at launch? I wish we had some villain missions where we could play as some of the more notable villains.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to like this game. Bad.

Are the main characters we've seen so far the only playables we know of at launch? I wish we had some villain missions where we could play as some of the more notable villains.

Yes, and it does not appear there are any unlockable characters in the final launch game either - anyone else will be added in patches later.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
GaaS + Destiny-like is like the perfect combination for ERA to hate it.

i dont think we can blame this one on the era bubble - practically the top upvoted youtube comments are pessimistic and the like / dislike ratio on the trailer is nowhere near the level you'd expect from a big AAA game with the bloody Avengers in it.

This trailer is just really rough and one can only hope it isn't an indication of the final game's quality.

Last edited:

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
This game will sell well enough and make GaaS money. It does look a bit Roger Corman's Avengers, but I don't think that'll affect the game as much as people think.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I also feel like we've been seeing the same bits of gameplay every time and it's the tutorial bridges fight and tutorial sucks
I can already see voices from the beta telling people that the bridge level is like 20% of the entirety of scenarios, and everyone going "They will for sure add more stuff for the final game!" a'la Destiny :D

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, everything about it just looks slightly off, like they're trying to copy every other AAA game but just aren't quite getting there in terms of quality. I'd like it to be good but I have not been impressed since the first showing.

Isn't it made by the people that made the new Tomb Raider games? If so, it's not surprising it looks so bland, soulless and derivative.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
she is an Avenger and the best selling new character in years

clean.jpg

This is a damn nice cover.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
This game is gonna flop so hard and it's crazy to think

you think an avengers game would be huge but the game just look awful

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
This was one of my most hyped games before it was revealed and then it was revealed...

It just doesn't look good at all and it's extremely weird seeing these characters with new faces after being used to the MCU versions for so long.

Zedelima

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
i think it looks good
Just not amazing yet and i wanted to see a new set piece

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I see weird takes here, I mean we have not really saw the game apart the tutorial and some maps but that's all. So you can't say it will be bad. But I can agree about their marketing, it's not that bad but you can see their messages aren't well received as it should be.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I still want to play this but I gotta wonder, is every section of the came on either a bridge or a military platform of some type? Sure is a lot of that in the trailers.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Would have considered it if they got the movie licenses. These characters just look downright bad.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Would have considered it if they got the movie licenses. These characters just look downright bad.

I think the uncanny valley of likeness but not an exact likeness of the characters looking like the actors that play then in the MCU is what's jarring.

Had they went with drastically different looking faces then it would have been more manageable.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
This game is gonna flop so hard and it's crazy to think

you think an avengers game would be huge but the game just look awful

The era bubble is big here. I wish the game looked better honestly. However people need to remember casuals will eat this up. It's marvel, a GAAS, and will appeal to young kids who will eat anything up marvel related. Reviews wise I expect it to get average. Sales wise it will do very good imo

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
The people who claim that poor reception to the game so far, is limited to Era are just as delusional as the people who think the game is going to bomb.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The people who claim that poor reception to the game so far, is limited to Era are just as delusional as the people who think the game is going to bomb.
I went to reddit and YouTube comments and again the casuals and mcu fans will push it to millions

And yeah it seems people are not super excited after the new trailer and it has alot of the same criticisms about how the game is marketed

Status
Not open for further replies.