• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This E3 was so fucking annoying. Why do we need to rely on shitty leaks like that instead of devs actually showing us gameplay to make us start caring about their games?

Oct 25, 2017
Me trying to watch Thor and Iron Man's gameplay!
giphy.gif

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This footage just leaves me with even more questions than I already had.

They're off to a really rough start with their communication around this game which is a shame.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cap "I need you at the bridge"

Black Widow "I failed my QTE"

Black Widow "WTF, failed again"

Black Widow "Argggggghhh"

Cap "Nevermind. Hulk, your up. Smash"

Hulk "Hulk like QTE"

Hulk "Nooooo, Hulk no like QTE"

Hulk "Hulk hates QTE Arghhhh!"

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Why was this only behind closed doors? Just why.
No way could they have shown this to the public. I don't get why they didn't just hold it back a few more months until Gamescom or something. It clearly wasn't ready at all to show. They gotta be pissed this video is out there. This looks bad at this point. Not saying it couldn't improve, etc but it makes sense why this was behind closed doors.

This looks like it does the thing I hate most. So focused on the graphics first and foremost and then trying to make the gameplay work.

May 10, 2018
Sure the off cam footage isn't great but I could tell the gist of what was going on and it doesn't look bad. Reminds me of the Arkham games with different characters but less polished.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Wow that video quality... I think we're better off waiting.
The best I could make out was Hulk, and if you told me it was for a ultra high budget "Hulk Run" game I'd believe you.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I clicked around the timeline hoping I'd find something that I could actually visually discern. Gave up after 30 seconds.

To those saying this looks good, it doesn't. Maybe it is good but you sure as shit can't tell from this.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Once you get past Hulk, Thor and Iron Man, the quality isn't as bad as when it looks like the Avengers were on the sun.

still not good, but Cap(somewhat) and Black Widow were at least watchable.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool from the very little that I could see with that quality.

Cap and Iron Man look fun. Black Widow looks cool as well tho it did seem like the fight was a bit long and was starting to get repetitive with the basic attacks she had due to this being the first level and all.

Couldn't make out anything from Thor and Hulk sections besides Hulk doing a lot of jumping around.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No way could they have shown this to the public. I don't get why they didn't just hold it back a few more months until Gamescom or something. It clearly wasn't ready at all to show. They gotta be pissed this video is out there. This looks bad at this point. Not saying it couldn't improve, etc but it makes sense why this was behind closed doors.

This looks like it does the thing I hate most. So focused on the graphics first and foremost and then trying to make the gameplay work.

The funny (sad) part is, with all the effort they put into the graphics, they couldn't even get the character models looking good.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay looks serviceable, and I expect that these sequences are more linear, scripted, and fragmented (i.e. running portion, group fight portion, linear flight segment) since it's part of the introduction/tutorial.

That said, since the core gameplay doesn't seem amazing in its own, whether the game's good will rely on the overall structure more, especially how those types of gameplay can interact—there needs to be distinct ways to use abilities in tandem with one another like with Overwatch ultimates, and if there are more linear "paths" for each character, those need to intersect in cool ways. If the game doesn't offer much more gameplay possibility than what's in this footage, even if it takes place in bigger areas, then i'm not very interested.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
You can kind of make out some cool stuff in there. The Black Widow part was some fun, dumb spectacle, at least.

It being GaaS just makes me think that it'll have this cool, bombastic opening and then everything from then on will be Destiny/Anthem-style "fight guys in an arena until a timer ticks down" missions that you're supposed to grind over and over forever.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like your typical AAA game combat.

I disagree, a typical AAA game would have made this a third person shooter where you play as a shield agent because making different combat for 5+ hero's with unique weapons/abilities would be too hard. Or go the Spider-man/Batman route where they just focus on a single hero.

Being able to play as all of the avengers and not having them all play the same was a very pleasant surprise.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's not ready to be shown to the public who is ready to rip it to shreds and would rather be shown to more level headed game journalists.

Just refer to posts like planetsmashers for reference, this is potato quality and we can't make out shit let alone judge the quality of the game like goddamn some people are literally just ready to be negative at this point.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That quality, lol.
This game is getting some undeserved hate here on Era. It seems fun. Won't be a masterpiece or the next arkham, but it will be a solid game

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty fun. About what you'd expect from the Tomb Raider devs making an Avengers action game. I just hope the writing is a step up from those games. Having the lost legacy creative director does give me hope.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They said it wasn't ready guys. It isn't his camera that's what the game actually looks and runs like