• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Scot Amos & Ron Rosenberg said:
To our fans,

At Crystal Dynamics our ambition has always been to deliver the ultimate Avengers gaming experience. In order to achieve that goal, we have made the difficult decision to move the release date of Marvel's Avengers to September 4, 2020.

As fans ourselves, it's an honor and a privilege to work with these legendary characters and we know what these Super Heroes mean to us and True Believers around the world. When we set out to bring you our vision for Marvel's Avengers, we committed to delivering an original story-driven campaign, engaging co-op, and compelling content for years to come. To that end, we will spend this additional development time focusing on fine tuning and polishing the game to the high standards our fans expect and deserve.

The worldwide teams working on Marvel's Avengers sincerely appreciate the support you've shown us. We thrive on your enthusiasm and feedback and we can't wait to show you more. We apologize for the delay. We're confident it will be worth the wait.

Scot Amos & Ron Rosenberg
Co-Heads of Studio, Crystal Dynamics

I say take all the time you need, Crystal Dynamics.

Source: Crystal Dynamics

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Aha what

FFVIIR and Avengers delay on the same day? What's going on Square. Also I'm kinda not surprised, this really didn't feel like a May game.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Not surprised
It disappeared from PS Store some weeks ago and I thought it was getting delayed and here we are

Now The Last of Us Part II (May 29th) won't have Avengers 2 weeks before (originally May 15th)

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I totally saw this coming.

Hopefully they iron out everything that needs to be ironed out.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Not that surprising, it still had time, but the previous showings were rough.

I think it's for the best, although they're going to miss the last summer of PS4/One, so that's kinda bad for their model.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CreamyBleakDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
ouch ok that's a big delay.
The 1-month FF7 delay is probably just for actual polish but this is a long time. I wonder what's the real state of the game right now.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guess people's concerns about how the game looked weren't unfounded. That's a huge delay.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Good on them to have the courage to delay it for polish and hopefully take some stress off the dev team. Same for FF7:R.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I wonder how they will handle cross-progression across platforms if this drops right in "next gen" season.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Thank you SE/CD, we have tons of games to play and hopefully the delay will give you more time for polish and making the game as fun as possible!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, May always felt like wishful thinking even to Square, if they were sure there would have been way more marketing

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Well I hope this means they are going to use this time to help get those next gen versions to SING

but so weird to launch right before those launch, trying to get double dippers ?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly didn't even know this game had a release date before. I always assumed it has a Fall title.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a big Marvel movie dropping around that time frame ? I think Black Widow is this spring....what's after that ? Maybe they can get some cross promotion going on.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, why not delay it till the launch of the new consoles?

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
This game seemed further away by how light their E3 showing actually was, so I'm glad they're giving it time. This also means if I play this game it'll have to be with a next-gen version as I'm not planning on buying any current-gen games that late into the year.