• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Honestly, this is BETTER news than the roadmap. Hiring a dev who did Marvel Heroes to fix the issues?!?! Yes!!! I loved Marvel Heroes and it died WAY too quickly after I started playing it on PS4. And if they are hiring, they haven't given up yet. Right?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they can turn the ship around

I also really wish Marvel Heroes wasn't dead

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel Heroes had such a hard time juggling the fact it had access to the entire marvel catalogue and the days of Marvel themselves not having full access and Marvel hating anything not owned by marvel. Things would be so much smoother today

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Marvel Heroes was a great time waster, nothing deep but the it was a lot of fun. Exciting news!

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Damn, this sounds fantastic. I've been wanting to check the game out, but I feel that it will actually get better with this change! Loved Marvel Heroes, it would've been cool if they released a standalone, single-player version of it, kinda like Marvel's Diablo. Also,
That last tweet actually sounds incredibly encouraging.
Yes, absolutely. They actually seem not just willing to change things up, but as if there's support behind it and they want this to actually become a better game.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i they just hired him, the changes that he might bring are like 6-9 months off. plenty of time to rip off the remaining players with overpriced costumes.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That last tweet is pretty great. Can't say I actually expect the game to turn around but I hope to be proven wrong.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Man.. Marvel Heroes was such a hella fun game. Not only it was free, it was one of my favourite diablo-style games. Cyclops was real fun to play in that game. I guess they're really trying to save this game somehow and I hope his involvement helps a bunch.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It would take a serious marketing blitz to get people back on board in the time it would take to implement radical changes

Zen_Mu

Dec 7, 2017
Encouraging news! I played MH on PC for a couple years and even played a bit on PS4 before that version shut down, kind of wish it were still around instead of Marvel's Avengers.... but it is what it is. MA is fun with friends IMO, but it needs a lot of work systems wise and of course content wise. Hopefully they can get it fixed up.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I hope this means we'll see some meaningful change in the game in the future. I don't wanna get my hopes up just yet, but the fact that they're hiring new people now means they at least want to keep trying a bit longer.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
The last tweet is very encouraging. I doubt anyone at Crystal Dynamics is happy with the current state of the game. It's rough to hear but it needs to be said to improve the game.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. The combat & heroes in Avengers are fun, they just need to do some more interesting stuff with the rest of the game. No more copy and pasted AIM Labs and SHIELD Vaults. Get crazy with the environments, missions, and loot. So much potential to draw from in the Marvel back catalogue.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had over 1200 hours in Marvel Heroes. For a Free to Play Game it was an absolute beast.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
It would take a serious marketing blitz to get people back on board in the time it would take to implement radical changes
By the time the Wakanda expansion comes in 6 months, I'm sure they'll be ready for another marketing blitz alongside a roadmap with whatever changes he plans on implementing.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
This is great news as someone who put a lot of time into this game around launch before it became incredibly stale. This game needs to be more like Marvel Heroes and less like... well... what ever it is now.

However, the pessimist in me asks what can 1 single dev do to change the course this game is currently on? And how much sway can 1 dev have on the corporate overlords that clearly are the ones in the driver's seat when it comes to this game?

Fingers crossed because I think this game can be special, but it needs a serious overhaul to get there.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing the Avengers beta did was made me really, really miss Marvel Heroes. Seems like a monumental undertaking to turn Avengers around though.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Whenever the devs were asking for ideas on their Patrol Mode, the response was always "Just copy Marvel Heroes" so maybe he'll be heavily involved with designing that? I never played it but people always had good things to say about it

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I still play semi-regularly with friends. I'm happy to hear that they're investing in trying to turn it around. The potential is there if they can change some of the core issues and pump out more meaningful content.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
That last tweet sounds promising. Hope they have a big turn around planned for Black Panther and Spidey.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Can't they get help from the devs of ff14? Like how F76 devs got post launch help from ZOS on how to do an mmo people want to play

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
It really sucks what happened with Heroes, fucking Gazillion really dug their own grave

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I just want then to get it actually feeling like a Marvel game.

The AIM focus works for a movie or a single single-player game, but it (and the itemization/character growth, to be fair) absolutely kills it as something "hobby-grade".

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Would be a miracle if they somehow are capable of pulling a FF14ARR type of revival for this game somehow.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I mean it's encouraging to see that they are seeking out help and seem committed to the game. I like the game but it does need serious content help and support to keep players coming back to it. I think it has a solid foundation, but they failed to deliver a working product and to keep folks coming back with content.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Well so much for the game being left to rot, lol. Definitely not the kind of get you make if you're gonna just write the whole thing off in 6 months.

I never tried Marvel Heroes myself but I've heard good things about it especially when compared to this, so here's hoping he can turn things around.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Well so much for the game being left to rot, lol. Definitely not the kind of get you make if you're gonna just write the whole thing off in 6 months.

I never tried Marvel Heroes myself but I've heard good things about it especially when compared to this, so here's hoping he can turn things around.

I'm really hoping that's the case and this isn't another Anthem "say you're working on it, dissappear for half a year, and then call the whole thing off" thing.

If I was him I would have asked for some kind of assurances that this wouldn't be the case, so hopefully this bodes well for that.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I guess it's better late than never. Probably would have had more impact if they had done this months ago before the next gen update.

Oct 27, 2017
As an avid fan of Marvel Heroes, I can say for sure that Asros is an amazing hire. Anyone from the Gaz team is really. The forum for MH was fantastic and a lot of the Devs actively swept the forums for suggestions and ideas. They were incredibly receptive to them.

I wish MH was still around, I loved that game to bits.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool, but can I just have Marvel Heroes back instead?
Disney probably have the power to at least allow a remaster or reboot. The devs at Gazillion wasn't able to save the data to allow people to play offline iirc. Maybe Disney people, or Marvel people have that data.

As an avid fan of Marvel Heroes, I can say for sure that Asros is an amazing hire. Anyone from the Gaz team is really. The forum for MH was fantastic and a lot of the Devs actively swept the forums for suggestions and ideas. They were incredibly receptive to them.

I wish MH was still around, I loved that game to bits.
I loved the forum and how active the devs were. Seeing Dink's 3d renders of upcoming skins and characters, test footage of character reworks, etc was always a treat.