• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021

The reddit post shows the new marketplace refresh and the bottom rows has the boosts. This is after they promised no Pay to win scenarios years ago at E3 as well as having nerfed the XP gained by playing the game by more than half throughout the past year. Expect lootboxes in the "cosmetic rework" at this rate. For those who do not know, they removed the in-game earnable cosmetics with the promise that they will be reintroduced in the future with a revamp, that was like 6 months ago at this point and no news what that revamp is.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I can't think of a better example of how fucked this game has been, than how it took the devs months to address even the most basic of QOL issues when the game was unpopular at launch - but a few days after it gets a playerbase through Game Pass, they patch in new microtransactions.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Played the campaign, played War for Wakanda and played some online with a friend.

Got all I wanted out of the game and I did have fun but this is still sad to see.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point the publisher has probably taken over with a skeletal crew with the prime directive being :" recoup as much lost money via the loyal players left and anyone stupid enough to swing by to check it out
"

It's just a last ditch effort to grab cash and run. Game is already abandoned.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they increase how long it takes to level up a few months ago too? lol

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
Well, that explains why they made it take way longer to level up. Their initial explanation of new players getting confused from getting too many new skills always sounded silly.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
It's dead Jim. Time to squeeze any remaining juice out of the coconut and then move on to a new project (Perfect Dark)

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I've been playing with gamepass and i have to say the story beats are great but the leveling system for new combo moves is frustrating

I would never buy boosts though

PandemicOdin

Oct 31, 2020
Sorry I might be wrong but they just started this? I feel like the XP boost stuff came w/War For Wakanda. Not saying it isn't a scummy either way, but I'm not entirely sure it is a GP thing. This game should be FTP if they are going to do this kind of stuff anyways, why they charge money for it still is beyond me

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I might be wrong but they just started this? I feel like the XP boost stuff came w/War For Wakanda. Not saying it isn't a scummy either way, but I'm not entirely sure it is a GP thing. This game should be FTP if they are going to do this kind of stuff anyways, why they charge money for it still is beyond me

They had consumables for XP boost but I think this is the first time they've sold them? Could be wrong haven't bothered with the GAAS aspects of the game much.

The sad part is the game actually has decent combat. I'll play the Wakanda and whatever the Spider-Man thing but the online has never felt interesting.

OP
OP
samcastor

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
This is the first time they are selling it. Earlier still had XP boosts, but they were free to claim once every week in the marketplace and you could not buy any more either. Also, the resource boosts are completely new this week. Now, they are selling both for real money directly, this week is the first time for that.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
They did but it wasn't a meaningful problem since you would previously cap your character level way, way before you capped your gear level. I'm not necessarily sure I dig the explanation that they were concerned users were overwhelmed with skill points (although there are admittedly a shitload of skills per character) but in practice it was sort of irrelevant as gear is what matters most and this just staved off capping your character level so far before your gear level.

This new thing alongside that EXP nerf is real shit though.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy to look back to when the Spider-Man thing was the worst bit about this game and now I doubt many people even care with how so much of the rest of it turned out.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
The game really seems like it's on its last legs. It's been weeks and they still haven't talked about the raid or Spider-Man or anything for 2022...

I just wish they would just abandon this and give the Avengers IP to let someone else take a shot.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They need to just make it F2P at this point. Make money from skins, boosters, and expansions.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
It's either an attempt to squeeze as much cash out before announcing there's no 2022 roadmap.

Or this is what will fund the 2022 roadmap.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Some people are gonna call this a gamepass problem when its not. This is such a bullshit move from them after they changed the XP scaling so you have to do more post-campaign grinding to power up your whole team

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Imagine going back a couple years and telling people that an AAA Avengers game made by Square Enix would end up this bad.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I was already disgusted when they had the nerve to add $14 outfits after removing the way to earn cosmetics in game because there's supposed to be a cosmetic rework that they're working on. That rework is still nowhere to be seen. How you manage to fuck up an Avengers game I do not know. But somehow they managed to do it.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

I literally just said it's destined to go F2P but didn't think it'd be gearing this fucking quickly. For god's sake at least release Spider-Man first.

Didn't they change how progression worked to make it slower not long ago?

Some people are gonna call this a gamepass problem when its not. This is such a bullshit move from them after they changed the XP scaling so you have to do more post-campaign grinding to power up your whole team

It's been brought up before but the XP change wasn't even that drastic, and the "grind" up to level 50 is a very small part of the actual game anyway. Not that it matters because the perception of them fucking over XP to extend the grind will outlive whatever the actual effects are.

I don't think I've ever seen a game dev own-goal themselves that hard before.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I feel so bad for paying full price for this sketchy game when it released. At least I never wasted anytime with the online; just the SP campaign

Good job publisher for extending the XP grind and using the excuse "players were confused by how fast they leveled up". get real
Even better job following up with charging money for XP boosters after nerfing XP gain

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The game really seems like it's on its last legs. It's been weeks and they still haven't talked about the raid or Spider-Man or anything for 2022...

I just wish they would just abandon this and give the Avengers IP to let someone else take a shot.

Tbf they said they would talk about 2022 towards the end of 2021.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Welp they're milking the game for all they can before running. Now that it's on gamepass, that's a lower cost of entry so they gotta get the money somehow to make up for their potential deficit

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Ill only play the campaign stuff not buying xp stuff

Jan 4, 2018
Unless those exp boosts are exclusive to the Xbox (and Windows store), I don't see why would you mention GP unless it's a veiled "Game Pass will make all games GAAS with lots of mtx" thread

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Unless those exp boosts are exclusive to the Xbox (and Windows store), I don't see why would you mention GP unless it's a veiled "Game Pass will make all games GAAS with lots of mtx" thread
I dunno. I feel like it's highlighting how nobody cared about the game as much as they do now that it's on Game Pass. No one talked about it like this when it went up on Playstation Now.