• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neolombax

Nov 28, 2018
Something doesn't add up to me.

I'm still skeptical regarding their claim of "no loot boxes and no pay to win", especially if they plan to deliver free content over time. Something's gotta give there.

I believe they might not have paid loot boxes in the strictest sense, meaning you can't straight-up buy loot boxes like in Overwatch. However, my gut is telling me there's probably going to be multiple layers of obfuscation involved through the tricks of randomized loot, multiple currencies and time saver DLC.

The way that they talk about costumes, I'm thinking thats where the monetization comes in. I'm also thinking early access to regions and heroes, additional cosmetic customization, emotes, pets, laa dee daa...

The game, from the description, sounds really good if done right. Despite being quite turned off with the character designs, I'm partially interested with the gameplay aspects.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
The way that they talk about costumes, I'm thinking thats where the monetization comes in. I'm also thinking early access to regions and heroes, additional cosmetic customization, emotes, pets, laa dee daa...

The game, from the description, sounds really good if done right. Despite being quite turned off with the character designs, I'm partially interested with the gameplay aspects.
Emotes would be awesome.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The ps4 exclusive content is the main thing I'm worried about now. This could be a deal breaker if it's something as huge as Spider-Man and a quest line surrounding him. If it's just costumes so be it. If they make something that huge exclusive, I won't be buying it.

The fact that they keep giving nonanswers regarding anything with the exclusivity is worrisome

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there loot? I'm really curious about the online portion. If we run raids and stuff to find skills and cosmetics, that would be my dream game

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
The ps4 exclusive content is the main thing I'm worried about now. This could be a deal breaker if it's something as huge as Spider-Man and a quest line surrounding him. If it's just costumes so be it. If they make something that huge exclusive, I won't be buying it.

The fact that they keep giving nonanswers regarding anything with the exclusivity is worrisome
They just confirmed that beta will be with all platforms. I never understand stuff like "I'm not buying because x is a y exclusive". It will be likely the Spider-Man PS4 costume, and even if it was more, I don't understand why people get mad at this. I never got mad about Rise of Tomb Raider been an XBox exclusive, for example.

I've bought Cuphead both on PC and Switch since it was an XBox exclusive at the time, I think these initiatives are actually good to the market because it sows competition. I doubt that Avengers will be a lesser game because the lack of a PS4 exclusive, they wouldn't shoot their own foot like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DrBo42

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there loot? I'm really curious about the online portion. If we run raids and stuff to find skills and cosmetics, that would be my dream game
Gear is confirmed, gotta get it somehow. No word on if costumes can unlock, be found or crafted etc. There is a progression system with levels, not sure about physically finding skill points or anything.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds pretty good.
Costumes customization is welcome since the ones in the reveal weren't too hot.
A lot of free content is great as well, let's see if they keep that promise.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cross-posting from the other thread, the Q&A said free heroes and regions. It's an oddly specific term to use. Maybe some kind of content tied to these regions/worlds (possibly multiplayer/story missions?) could be paid for. Very curious to understand how post-game and post-launch is going to work.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
They just confirmed that beta will be with all platforms. I never understand stuff like "I'm not buying because x is a y exclusive". It will be likely the Spider-Man PS4 costume, and even if it was more, I don't understand why people get mad at this. I never got mad about Rise of Tomb Raider been an XBox exclusive, for example.

I've bought Cuphead both on PC and Switch since it was an XBox exclusive at the time, I think these initiatives are actually good to the market because it sows competition. I doubt that Avengers will be a lesser game because the lack of a PS4 exclusive, they wouldn't shoot their own foot like that.

Because I'm not paying the same amount for less content that another platforms customers get

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hasn't been any talk of that stuff outside of "multiplayer missions". Would be cool to go through a really hard area with the Avengers fighting bosses or something designed for end-game itemization/skill progression/player coordination. But maybe they feel that would make solo players upset or fear that they're missing out.
Honestly, I'd only get it if it's Destiny like, if the MP is just for the story then it's a no from me.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
What made Spiderman PS4 so good among other things is the GAMEPLAY, I really hope they nail this for every Avengers. Especially Iron Man, he has a ton of potential weapons and I hope they make sure its smooth to play with.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
After destiny 2, I would not be shocked at all if whole missions were ps4 exclusive
I wouldn't be shocked with a Marvel Spider-Man related mission either. Neither would understand why anyone would be mad at that. I actually hope they do that, it will make some buy a PS4 for it and that's good for the market. XBox time to shine will come with this next generation, that plan of feeding the market with new exclusives more frequently will probably make me buy one as well.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
If I was Sony, I'd let Spiderman ps4 on other platform and advertise the hell out of it. Like make huge banner saying buy ps4 to play spiderman ps4 game

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Taskmaster is one of my favourite Marvel characters, great to see him in a game again.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
What I would love to see is Spider-Man mission(s) that are based off your save file. Get a costume and a mission or two if you have Spider-Man PS4. Great cross promotion for the game and some incentive for people to get a PS4.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Yea.....this is going to be one of those games where you CAN play it solo.............but it's designed for co-op...........so solo ends up being a bit shit.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice seeing the stuff they speak of instead of just hearing about it though.

Like I still don't really know if I'm going to be into this on paper it sounds cool but that's being charitable and imagining the best version of everything they're saying.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
This game has so much potential to succeed and deliver on the GaaS while others haven't been able to. Playing coop with fellow buddies as your favorite avenger, defeating bad guys and saving the world. sign me up for day zero!

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The development cycle terms are really getting confusing now, it seems everyone is using the terms, beta, alpha, pre-alpha very loosely and using them differently.

The game's coming out next year and the demo they're showcasing on the floor is a pre-alpha , pre-alpha shoudn't be a playable state right? A year before launch is usually the beta.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
There is absolutely something up with this game. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't feel right.
I feel the same but i think it's actually just Crystal Dynamics not giving proper details from the start and also it's like they have a PR-wall that they can't go through to give out real meaty details about all modes. It's a very confusing way to show off a game of this magnitude with so many diffrent playstyles and modes.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why they aren't showing off gameplay if it's there on the showfloor. It would clear up so many questions, chief amongst them being what is the damn game? Is it just going to be 'run to waypoint, fight men, repeat three times' every mission like Anthem? Is there a traversal system? How does it handle switching between different characters? Do you have to run everywhere on foot as Black Widow while Iron Man can just fly across a city in half a second? What does Captain America do with loot? Am I going to be having a miserable time playing solo, etc etc etc.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Easy Allies talk about it has me pretty hyped on it. I don't care about the likeness problems people have I've been into Marvel stuff since the late 80's, and used to different takes on characters. This isn't the cinematic universe the game.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Can one play the game totally single player offline rather than online?

You can play just about everything by yourself if you want to. I encourage you to play with your buddies. It's so much more fun in multiplayer. But yeah, most of this stuff you can play by yourself.
Oh joy of joys, thanks!

It's a skip so far.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
If regions and characters are free, do we know how they're monetising this? Costumes? Emotes?
Story campaign/raid mission? It'd be like destiny where they keep having new campaign every year. If you didn't buy the latest expansion, you can still explore the new region and do some co-op mission or something.

I imagine Avengers will not have sequels but they just keep adding new story arc. Kinda like serialized comic book. Imagine after the game is released, the first dlc character will be Ant-Man, you'll be able to play Ant-Man in multiplayer but if you want to play his story, you had to buy the story mission like you buy a comic book.

Just guessing, I'm not sure either. They could also sell skin/costume I guess.