• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

This lines up with a leak that was posted here on ResetEra shortly before E3 (which also mentions that Kamala, Tony, & Banner will be the first characters you'll take control of). Said footage also hints at Captain Marvel's presence via Kamala's shirt. Obviously the footage can't be seen by us for now, but I'll add it to the OP if Marvel uploads it.

Source: Jeremy Conrad/ManaByte (Twitter)

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news and guaranties an eventual purchase from me but I wonder why they didn't have her in the last trailer.

Would have elevated the diversity concerns.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Can I get a reminder what the leaks were about?
Ask & you shall receive.
You're correct. I'd never intentionally lie to any of you guys. Obviously, things are subject to change throughout development, but I can confidently state the following details.

-Kamala Khan will 100% be a central protagonist in Avengers Project. The Avengers have been disbanded for a while (due to a "catastrophic" event) and she will play an integral role in reassembling the team.
-Heavy story focus throughout (drawing moreso from comics vs MCU)
-Can be played entirely SOLO with you controlling 1 character and AI taking over the remaining 1-3. Up to 4 player co-op with friends (this # hasn't changed last I heard).
-Crashed Helicarrier will serve as your main hub.
-Kingdom Hearts-like world/level design. Think multiple large worlds/levels vs 1 huge open world map. The levels are large enough to accomodate flight based characters.
-There's definitely no "loot" like you'd find in your typical looter shooter (common - legendary drops). Everything is mostly powers based, hence the character skill trees. For example, you won't be finding Iron Man thrusters of different rarities throughout the map.
-Unless it's changed, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man and Hulk will make up the team build early on in the game (story reason).

There are 1 or 2 spoilery story details that I'm keeping for myself (wouldn't want to ruin it for you guys), but that's the majority of it.
He also mentioned a tragedy in the West Coast causing the Avengers to split up, which was later confirmed in the E3 trailer.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
Official gameplay footage will be released for public after Gamescom in late August. Better late than never.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We also got a look at the statue that'll be included with the Collector's Edition.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is awesome. I love Kamala Khan. Hopefully they can get Spider-Gwen and Squirrel Girl in there somehow.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome news and guaranties an eventual purchase from me but I wonder why they didn't have her in the last trailer.

Would have elevated the diversity concerns.
People speculated it was her voice in the previous trailers and we knew there were multiple Avengers that would be playable beyond the core 5.

I think people were jumping to conclusions too early on, but I do think SE/Marvel should have waited until they were ready to show and talk about it more.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised, but still kinda bummed Kamala is getting in over so many classic and iconic Avengers.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder why it doesn't translate well into the game, because that's a good look for Cap.
I feel like the red is way too understated on his costume, especially for the stripes at his abs.

Either way, it seems like we're getting the scale armor suit in the game, so I'll just switch to that.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Good. Kamala's powers are pretty goofy in execution, so hopefully this means the game will allow some more wacky stuff and not be quite so dour and "realistic" as the E3 appearance made it look.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
So Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk, Thor, Miss Marvel, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Hawkeye are so far confirmed. Would love to see Spider-Man, Wolverine, Fantastic 4, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther and The Wasp get confirmed as well. We'll probably get Eternals and Shang-Chi because MCU. Excited for this game!

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
It was obvious but it's nice to have confirmation.

Day one. I will always support Kamala.

To some of us but.... Can we really say that it was obvious when people on this forum were already complaining about it a day or two after we got the *first* real trailer.

There was no way they weren't going to make sure the game had representation. There was no way we weren't getting Captain Marvel. Marvel doesn't hate money.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D_yoZ3BXkAA6rRr
Yep, also a good sign. Give me that wacky stuff, Marvel. I want Dress Shirt and Tie Hulk from the New Avengers pretty bad.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To some of us but.... Can we really say that it was obvious when people on this forum were already complaining about it a day or two after we got the *first* real trailer.

There was no way they weren't going to make sure the game had representation. There was no way we weren't getting Captain Marvel. Marvel doesn't hate money.
In my case, it was more of me somewhat puzzled as to why they didn't show other characters beyond the MCU's OG Avengers to better set the game apart from the movies.

Not too shabby, Hulk.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
Black Widow no longer looks like a guy in a wig. Curious to see if they already fixed Cap and Thor as well.