• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Embiggen!

Also: was the zipper of Black Widow's suit always black widow hourglass thing? Am I just noticing that now?

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
IMG_20190719_010945.jpg

Thor looks samey.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ms Marvel confirmed is the first good news I've heard about this game since its reveal.
It'd be almost enough to make me buy it if she isn't as terribly chara designed as the others.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
As a Muslim, I must say I don't like Ms. Marvel, I tried reading a few issues and I felt like they are showing a self loathing Muslim that really doesn't represent Muslims, just some brown teenage kid in the US, I hate the implication that Ms. Marvel was made to appease to Muslims.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
They need to redo Thor's beard. It's either too long or not long enough, dully lit, and totally without style. He looks like one of those no-name Aragorn-lite fantasy protagonists.

The rest of his hair could use work too. And maybe his face. And his armor.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
As a Muslim, I must say I don't like Ms. Marvel, I tried reading a few issues and I felt like they are showing a self loathing Muslim that really doesn't represent Muslims, just some brown teenage kid in the US, I hate the implication that Ms. Marvel was made to appease to Muslims.

The creator of Ms. Marvel is Sana Amanat... a Muslim woman who grew up feeling othered due to how none of the notable superheros shared her background, ethnicity, or complexion. Doesn't sound like a written by committee deal to me, man.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As a Muslim, I find her stories and especially the way she deals with her family extremely relatable.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
The creator of Ms. Marvel is Sana Amanat... a Muslim woman who grew up feeling othered due to how no superheros shared her background. Doesn't sound like a written by committee deal to me, man.
1 Muslim woman doesn't represent Muslims, I have no problem with her writing a character that is based on her own experience, but I don't like how she's marketed as the Muslim super hero.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
The muslims I know are like the christians I know in that some are open and outspoken about it and others you wouldn't even know it.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
The muslims I know are like the christians I know in that some are open and outspoken about it and others you wouldn't even know it.
Yes but sadly a lot of people are nervous around and outspoken practicing Muslim, that's why I felt they made her in a way that cater to those people fears instead of tackling those fears and saying there's really nothing to be nervous about.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Is Kamala that big of a shock, the story hedges on a Terrigan Generator.. That would be like doing a Power Cosmic story and a herald or galactus not show up

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Is Kamala that big of a shock, the story hedges on a Terrigan Generator.. That would be like doing a Power Cosmic story and a herald or galactus not show up
Lot's of people here still didn't think Kamala would be in even after the obvious narration from her in the teaser trailer, the leaks from savagesquirtle, and the terrigen mist detail from E3.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell they nailed down the story a while back. Seems to be when they tried to phase out Xmen for Inhumans.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
Yes but sadly a lot of people are nervous around and outspoken practicing Muslim, that's why I felt they made her in a way that cater to those people fears instead of tackling those fears and saying there's really nothing to be nervous about.
If a person is nervous about outspoken muslims they aren't going to buy products about outspoken muslims. I think it'd be great if people were less averse to atheism but I don't want to see someone try to put a sympathetic character preaching about it in a comic. That's not winning anyone over. It's either preaching to the choir or turning away the audience. The message resonates with wider audiences with allegory or general messages of empathy and tolerance.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I hate the marketing for this game skskfkd

Just show us actual footage damn it

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
While I doubt it, I really hope MCU/Current marvel properties other than comics actually has Monica Rambeau (the best Captain Marvel outside of Mar-Vell and tied with Phyla Vell) show up.

The movie basically toyed around with it a lot, but I don't see her showing up in the game, sadly.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While I doubt it, I really hope MCU/Current marvel properties other than comics actually has Monica Rambeau (the best Captain Marvel outside of Mar-Vell and tied with Phyla Vell) show up.

The movie basically toyed around with it a lot, but I don't see her showing up in the game, sadly.
The MCU is probably gonna give Monica her powers & have her become Spectrum at some point in the future.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Black Widow looks much better now.

Thor still has this weird thing going on with his beard and hair. Hopefully they improve that as well.

Waiting one week after Gamescom to release this to public is a bs move but nothing we can do about that. I'll take my potato quality leaks for now. (here is hoping)

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So a bit more detail than 280 characters allowed:

Thor is the first playable you see. Kind of like God of War gameplay, the hammer combat looks fun. You can pin enemies to walls with Mjolnir.

Iron Man is mostly flying. Targeting looks like it can be annoying, maybe they'll do a snap targeting thing. He blows up some SHIELD vehicles that have cannons on the top that look a lot like the annoying Sable ones in Spider-Man.

Hulk is Ultimate Destruction. No car boxing gloves, but you can swing enemies like a mace or hold one in each hand. Ground pounds smashing, etc. Looks A LOT like Ultimate Destruction just with modern graphics. Hulk looked the most fun.

Cap was more like Thor, maybe an Arkham/Spider-Man style combat with some apparent shield charge moves that make his shield glow red like with fire.

Only the start of the Black Widow/Taskmaster fight is a QTE. After that it's a normal fight and he does the Cap shield throw in it. She can go hand to hand with him, or shoot him with dual guns which looked like Tomb Raider.

I wasn't impressed at all with the footage they released to the public at E3. This made me want to play it.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
1 Muslim woman doesn't represent Muslims, I have no problem with her writing a character that is based on her own experience, but I don't like how she's marketed as the Muslim super hero.
You don't define someone else's relationship with their faith. People like the character's creator are just as valid as anyone else. They don't define Kamala as "the devout muslim superhero," nor have they ever.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
You don't define someone else's relationship with their faith. People like the character's creator are just as valid as anyone else. They don't define Kamala as "the devout muslim superhero," nor have they ever.

Indeed. I think it is really unfortunate when people feel the need to tear positive contributors down.

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
Does this game support jump in jump out co-op or do only certain parts of the game allow multiplayer?