- Dec 28, 2017
Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.
DETAILS:Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix are excited to unveil Marvel’s Avengers, an epic action-adventure game that combines cinematic storytelling with single-player and co-operative gameplay. Developed by Crystal Dynamics in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, Nixxes Software, and Crystal Northwest, Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Stadia, and PC on May 15, 2020.
- Launching May 15, 2020
- Beta is coming first to PS4, other platforms to follow. You can get into this beta by pre-ordering the game, no date on when beta will take place yet.
- Square-Enix have confirmed they've entered into a multi-year partnership with Sony on this game
- "Epic Action-Adventure with Cinematic Storytelling"
- Up to 4 player co-op online but can be played solo offline if you want with the AI taking control of the other 3 heroes
- Live service game with a regular content delivered over multiple years and an "Ever-Expanding Universe"
- The plan is to release heroes as post-launch content
- Roster of playable heroes at launch so far is Captain America, Thor, Iron-Man, Black Widow and Hulk with the presentation teasing Ant-Man although we don't know if he'll be available at launch or not
- All new post-launch heroes and regions will be entirely free
- "No lootbox or pay-to-win scenarios"
- "Unique benefits to PlayStation players"
- Crystal Dynamics' take on Marvel Heroes and Villains
- Story begins at A-Day celebrating Avengers West Coast Headquarters
- Avengers are outlawed and disband following A-Day Tragedy
- 5 years after, an evil forces the Avengers to reassemble
- Original story showcasing Marvel Heroism and Humanity
- Story about self-acceptance in the face of adversity and learning that together we are mighty
- Troy Baker is Bruce Banner, Jeff Schine is Captain America, Travis Willingham is Thor, Laura Bailey is Black Widow, Nolan North is Tony Stark
- The Avengers and SHIELD decide to band together and have their own themed Helicarrier called the Chimera that houses the experimental technology that sets off the events of A-Day
- Biggest challenge is that every character is so different, combat uniquely catered to each character, each characters "feels like its own game"
- Each character has unique traversal, grappling hooks, wall jumps, flight, etc.
- Only one hero is allowed, 4 Hulks won't be running around per team
- Can "straight-shot" the story by yourself, or jump-in/jump out instantaneously with your friends
- For the single-player campaign, you will only be able to play the character that is designated per mission
- Live service, but also very narrative focused, "can't really compare it to any other game"
- Said to "stay tuned" for people wondering where certain characters are
- When asked about if Spider-Man and Avengers are connected, Bill Rosemann said that they "are just focused on making the best Avengers game"