• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Marvel's Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix are excited to unveil Marvel's Avengers, an epic action-adventure game that combines cinematic storytelling with single-player and co-operative gameplay. Developed by Crystal Dynamics in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, Nixxes Software, and Crystal Northwest, Marvel's Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Stadia, and PC on May 15, 2020.

DETAILS:
  • Launching May 15, 2020
  • Beta is coming first to PS4, other platforms to follow. You can get into this beta by pre-ordering the game, no date on when beta will take place yet.
  • Square-Enix have confirmed they've entered into a multi-year partnership with Sony on this game
  • Third-person
  • "Epic Action-Adventure with Cinematic Storytelling"
  • Story-driven
  • Up to 4 player co-op online but can be played solo offline if you want with the AI taking control of the other 3 heroes
  • Live service game with a regular content delivered over multiple years and an "Ever-Expanding Universe"
  • The plan is to release heroes as post-launch content
  • Roster of playable heroes at launch so far is Captain America, Thor, Iron-Man, Black Widow and Hulk with the presentation teasing Ant-Man although we don't know if he'll be available at launch or not
  • All new post-launch heroes and regions will be entirely free
  • "No lootbox or pay-to-win scenarios"
  • "Unique benefits to PlayStation players"
  • Crystal Dynamics' take on Marvel Heroes and Villains
  • Story begins at A-Day celebrating Avengers West Coast Headquarters
  • Avengers are outlawed and disband following A-Day Tragedy
  • 5 years after, an evil forces the Avengers to reassemble
  • Original story showcasing Marvel Heroism and Humanity
  • Story about self-acceptance in the face of adversity and learning that together we are mighty
  • Troy Baker is Bruce Banner, Jeff Schine is Captain America, Travis Willingham is Thor, Laura Bailey is Black Widow, Nolan North is Tony Stark
E3 COLISEUM DETAILS:
  • The Avengers and SHIELD decide to band together and have their own themed Helicarrier called the Chimera that houses the experimental technology that sets off the events of A-Day
  • Biggest challenge is that every character is so different, combat uniquely catered to each character, each characters "feels like its own game"
  • Each character has unique traversal, grappling hooks, wall jumps, flight, etc.
  • Only one hero is allowed, 4 Hulks won't be running around per team
  • Can "straight-shot" the story by yourself, or jump-in/jump out instantaneously with your friends
  • For the single-player campaign, you will only be able to play the character that is designated per mission
  • Live service, but also very narrative focused, "can't really compare it to any other game"
  • Said to "stay tuned" for people wondering where certain characters are
  • When asked about if Spider-Man and Avengers are connected, Bill Rosemann said that they "are just focused on making the best Avengers game"
4K Direct Feed screenshots that I had to cap on my own from the source trailer because Square-Enix decided to not release any press screenshots.

avengers_revealtrailexikdb.png

avengers_revealtrailep6k1b.png

avengers_revealtrailecckek.png

avengers_revealtraileqzj8t.png

avengers_revealtrailejtkzp.png

avengers_revealtrailepnko4.png

avengers_revealtrailevzkny.png

avengers_revealtraile3ujpy.png

avengers_revealtrailezdk84.png

avengers_revealtrailet1j95.png

avengers_revealtrailercjw0.png

avengers_revealtrailedbkar.png

avengers_revealtraile8lkoc.png

avengers_revealtrailecsjlr.png

avengers_revealtrailesij2n.png

Last edited:

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Watching Raptors game, what's the genre, how you play it?

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Before i even click on it, is there even gameplay? Wouldnt surprise me this E3, its been 90% cinematics.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I was already going to buy this, but I saw Taskmaster, so I need to buy two, I guess.

Really hope there are alternate costumes, though.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
My god the character designs are fucking awful. How do you fuck that up. Ironmans helmet looks fucking stupid.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh... yeah that looks terrible. No thanks.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Look forward to see more
Because the trailer was not that hot for me

And those faces and design are not great

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
That looked really cool but I didn't like that we saw almost none of the actual game in there. Pretty poor showing from a game that has been hidden away for so many years.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The Thor voice is so bad.

And the character designs are so close to the movie designs, but without the actual famous actors, that it gives the whole thing a "Disney Avengers on Ice" feel.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty but pretty mediocre. Spiderman set the bar too high. Hope I'm wrong and it's amazing though.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They couldn't even get the comics look down, they just look weird.

I don't know, I kinda wanted more than a linear third person action adventure game. It looks fun but, not what I wanted.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All the designs make me really respect how the MCU got stuff right. The ones in the game definitely look low rent by comparison.