• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
How is it that this game is playable on the show floor (isn't it?) but we haven't seen any footage yet?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Much like Ghost Recon Breakpoint adding AI teammates in, there's too much money left on the table if they don't address the loud. Assuming that they wouldn't break and buy it anyway.

Looking at those other tweets, single player and co-op levels is strange. Going to have to see the flow of this game.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An appealing art style looks better to me than sterile, Rob Liefield esque characters in higher fidelity. I'll take a million MUA games over one avengers.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So Taskmaster mentions going up against the Avengers in Spider-Man and now shows in the Avengers game? hmmmm...

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
This just looks unimpressive. But maybe it the GaaS thing that is a big turn off. There are just too many games to devote months to a game, especially one that looks this undercooked after years of development. Even more sad that more Tomb Raider and Deus Ex probably died to allow this game to live. But I guess everyones gotta chase the GaaS fad even though EA has proven that isn't exactly a guarantee money maker.

I agree. Shit like E-Sports & the GaaS model needs to die. And I have a feeling that they will if another recession hits.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
So Taskmaster mentions going up against the Avengers in Spider-Man and now shows in the Avengers game? hmmmm...
No doubt that the exclusive content for Sony are missions that includes Spider-Man. First hints about Spider-Man 2 will come from Avengers. Makes me wonder if they're really trying to make a game universe like the movies.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom

This has me curious.

IRRC SpiderMan PS4 references Avengers being on the West Coast in the game so I'm assuming this is linked.

Although, if Capt. Amer dies and the world goes to shit (judging by the scenes? 5 yrs after?). Maybe not then

Forgot about that one. Yeah the signs are pointing in a direction

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who has an issue with the outfits, they'll be happy to sale you the one you want. I cynically expected shit designs at first because I figured their main source of revenue is going to be the skin market -- much like Fortnite. MCU Thor, Cap, Iron Man, etc. skins will be along at some point.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This has me curious.

IRRC SpiderMan PS4 references Avengers being on the West Coast in the game so I'm assuming this is linked.

Although, if Capt. Amer dies and the world goes to shit (judging by the scenes? 5 yrs after?). Maybe not then

The 5 year thing is what screws things up. Unless Spider-Man 2 takes place within that gap.

Or a guess is that Spider-Man PS4 actually takes place after the 5 year jump when things have gone back to normal and the Avengers are reinstated and fighting to fix things on the West Coast.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
>West Coast Avengers

Can we add this loser to beat up?

Image283.gif

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Man they're kinda saying bullshit when describing the gameplay. All the basic "everybody plays different", "they move different", like come on bruh. We had that in Mario 2.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
So they announced you can play campaign through single-player only, you don't have to do co-op hmm.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay the fact that they can't just say it's not happening...

It's totally happening.

The Sony-exclusive content is Spider-Man PS4.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Full E3 Coliseum panel details:
  • Original story that Crystal is spearheading
  • Avengers are in "disarray", "guilt and loss", will see how all of these Avengers deal with it
  • Own spin on characters, not trying to ape films, went through 60 years of comics
  • Taking inspiration from West Coast Avengers
  • The Avengers and SHIELD decide to band together and have their own themed Helicarrier called the Chimera that houses the experimental technology that sets off the events of A-Day
  • Biggest challenge is that every character is so different, combat uniquely catered to each character, each characters "feels like its own game"
  • Each character has unique traversal, grappling hooks, wall jumps, flight, etc.
  • Only one hero is allowed, 4 Hulks won't be running around per team
  • Can "straight-shot" the story by yourself, or jump-in/jump out instantaneously with your friends
  • For the single-player campaign, you will only be able to play the character that is designated per mission
  • Live service, but also very narrative focused, "can't really compare it to any other game"
  • Said to "stay tuned" for people wondering where certain characters (coughHawkeyecough) are
  • When asked about if Spider-Man and Avengers are connected, Bill Rosemann said that they "are just focused on making the best Avengers game"
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.