• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they could've gotten the actors likeness. I understand not getting them to voice the game, but the characters looks so wrong that I'm considering skipping this.

How much does likeness really cost? I mean, CDPR could afford Keanu Reeves.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Full E3 Coliseum panel details:
  • Original story that Crystal is spearheading
  • Avengers are in "disarray", "guilt and loss", will see how all of these Avengers deal with it
  • Own spin on characters, not trying to ape films, went through 60 years of comics
  • Taking inspiration from West Coast Avengers
  • The Avengers and SHIELD decide to band together and have their own themed Helicarrier called the Chimera that houses the experimental technology that sets off the events of A-Day
  • Biggest challenge is that every character is so different, combat uniquely catered to each character, each characters "feels like its own game"
  • Each character has unique traversal, grappling hooks, wall jumps, flight, etc.
  • Only one hero is allowed, 4 Hulks won't be running around per team
  • Can "straight-shot" the story by yourself, or jump-in/jump out instantaneously with your friends
  • For the single-player campaign, you will only be able to play the character that is designated per mission
  • Live service, but also very narrative focused, "can't really compare it to any other game"
  • Said to "stay tuned" for people wondering where certain characters (coughHawkeyecough) are
  • When asked about if Spider-Man and Avengers are connected, Bill Rosemann said that they "are just focused on making the best Avengers game"
[Hidden content]
Thanks !

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The movie designs without the actor likenesses is terrible.
Yeah bit lttp watching the trailer but they basically went the worst possible route for these characters: likeness with the MCU in costume and build, but with different faces and VO. This is really jarring and just feels... wrong. It's like I'm watching the knockoff Avengers from another universe.

MrAlderson

Apr 19, 2018
Does anyone else feel this game sounds very jumbled together when the developers talk about it

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
  • Avengers are in "disarray", "guilt and loss", will see how all of these Avengers deal with it
  • Own spin on characters, not trying to ape films, went through 60 years of comics
  • The Avengers and SHIELD decide to band together and have their own themed Helicarrier called the Chimera that houses the experimental technology that sets off the events of A-Day
  • Biggest challenge is that every character is so different, combat uniquely catered to each character, each characters "feels like its own game"
  • Each character has unique traversal, grappling hooks, wall jumps, flight, etc.
  • Can "straight-shot" the story by yourself, or jump-in/jump out instantaneously with your friends
  • For the single-player campaign, you will only be able to play the character that is designated per mission
  • Live service, but also very narrative focused, "can't really compare it to any other game"
  • Said to "stay tuned" for people wondering where certain characters (coughHawkeyecough) are
  • When asked about if Spider-Man and Avengers are connected, Bill Rosemann said that they "are just focused on making the best Avengers game"
[Hidden content]
Replied, how do I view it?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
*sighs* So... i am getting a MvC:I feeling from this game. I really want it to be good as i love CD stories in games but I dont know. And it looks Janky in parts. And no WAY they could not have at least gotten the Comic character likenesses if the movie licenses were too expensive.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
[Hidden content]

This just sounds like a mess.

hastethedav

Apr 2, 2018
Maybe I'm just dull to Troy and Nolan north being in the same games but that scene with them interacting sounded like the same person talking to themselves. I know they are extremely talented but man that clip gave me concerns. And the solo game play style how it makes you play as the
Main hero makes it feel like the co-op will just be tacked on arena battles/small missions..

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
[Hidden content]

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
[Hidden content]

I don't get it. So it's not like Destiny where you build a character-maybe like Overwatch instead where the character is just static and only one is allowed per game.

Oct 28, 2017
Like any other game with a mage and rogue archetype in the same game.
But games like that don't have the physical difference that exists between black widow and the other Avengers. The same issue exists if Hawkeye is in the game too.

Like, how do you handle the same enemies with guns peppering the other Avengers with bullets also attacking Black Widow? A story can just have her managing to stay out of danger zones, but how does that work in a co-op game that allows people to choose heroes?

Gamerfather

Banned
May 27, 2019
We already have MUA3 and wanted to try something different for marvel. Nothing wrong with that

Well all of the MUA games were a massive downgrade from the Xmen legends games so … The Snowblind-esque aRPG is really the only style that works well in superhero games on console, at least on the action side. Turn-based tactical would also work well.

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they could've gotten the actors likeness. I understand not getting them to voice the game, but the characters looks so wrong that I'm considering skipping this.

How much does likeness really cost? I mean, CDPR could afford Keanu Reeves.
That's going to differ massively actor to actor and I'm going to imagine Evans, Downey, Johansson, Hemsworth, and Ruffalo are well in a different plane of reality cost wise than Reeves.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
[Hidden content]

All of this sounds cool. I really think that the game itself is going to be good, have a lot of faith in them.

Hell, acting seems to be very good from what little we saw.

Just.. just... improve the character models, please.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like they either awkwardly shoved GaaS elements into a single player game, or awkwardly shoved single player stuff into a GaaS game. I wish them the best (pls fix those character designs though) but I'm wondering if they were overly ambitious with a game that would already need to be massive in scale.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Fuckin what? You can only play the character you want if you're playing multiplayer, and then only if somebody else isn't also playing them?

The single player campaign missions are designed for specific characters

When playing multiplayer, the same character can't be used by two teammates

None of this sounds unreasonable to me...

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite how this is going to be a live service game, really confused about that. Just seems like a linear action game with some coop. Are they going to constantly adding new campaigns?

Sounds good so far

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
[Hidden content]
Replying

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Fuckin what? You can only play the character you want if you're playing multiplayer, and then only if somebody else isn't also playing them?
I imagine they will have some sort of mode or endgame or whatever outside of the campaign that allows us to pick the character we want.
given they are trying to do a GAAS.

Because if not, why would I even invest my time in this?

we need to know more. much more. E3 would have been a perfect time to show us but what do I know?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
But games like that don't have the physical difference that exists between black widow and the other Avengers. The same issue exists if Hawkeye is in the game too.

Like, how do you handle the same enemies with guns peppering the other Avengers with bullets also attacking Black Widow? A story can just have her managing to stay out of danger zones, but how does that work in a co-op game that allows people to choose heroes?
Idk same way the MUA games handle it. It's just a video game.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
All the impressions from people that saw gameplay are positive, so I think y'all might be reading too much into the bullet points.

As for whether it's GaaS or not. It's a mix. They have a narrative that most likely will have a definitive beginning, middle, and end, but also be able to spawn many different things off of it.

From what the previous rumor(that turned out to be true) said, is that a crashed Helicarrier will serve as the hub, and from there you can either choose to go out and play through the story missions, or go to multiplayer, branches off stuff.

It all sounds cohesive to me.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
[Hidden content]
Focus on West Coast Avengers and don't have Julia Carpenter or Century? Get out of here

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like they have a linear story and you can visit areas for side activities.

The structure does seem to be like Destiny.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I feel like I'm going to be torn on this for awhile. I feel like the gameplay should be fun and fine and for as much focus as CD is putting into saying how narrative focused the game is, maybe the story is going to end up quite good, although I do wonder how they'll add to it with new areas and characters showing up. I hope the additional content feels more like expansions (to the story) and not just 'new area to fight more enemies". Graphically it was fine enough in my opinion even though the character models need some touching up.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Why not let everyone play as the same hero? Seems like an odd choice.

It doesn't seem that odd to me. There are a ton of co-op games, dating back decades, that have players choose different characters... Maybe it's for balancing reasons or for narrative /presentation reasons.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
[Hidden content]

I mean they just really need to show gameplay. Wasn't this playable at E3? They really couldn't take 2 minutes of gamepaly footage or something?