• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AudiophileRS

Apr 14, 2018
I really like Nolan North's voice for the likes of Uncharted but his voice is exactly the same in every game and I'm honestly getting a bit burnt out on so many game characters sounding identical to Nathan Drake; it's really distracting.

Regarding the character design: I have no issue with them not resembling the MCU and being their own distinct characters (Insomniac did a great job on Spidey PS4) but these designs are really dull and uninspiring.

Despite that, the in-engine footage looks great and the lack of post-launch loot boxes / pay to win deserves support; as does what I expect to be solid story driven gameplay.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Around 31:40, what they are describing here sounds fucking amazing, and also it explains why it wasn't revealed to the public yet: since it's still pre-alpha, it still glitchy in parts, but they seem genuinely excited about the game and gameplay.
Yeah, I assume this is why we're not seeing it on the floor. People would be ripping it for technical issues and memeing the shit out of it. That said, I feel like they still could have put out a pre-recorded cleaned up version just to show us, but maybe it's not quite there yet even for that.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019

It sounds ambitious, but what I saw at E3 doesn't really hint at that ambition. It just looks like a short slice of a decent enough third-person action game that happens to feature multiple characters. The reveal would've benefited from being more comprehensive in my opinion, connecting the dots between this one level of set pieces and the scope of this overall years-long plan. A game starring these characters, by this collection of strong developers, should be a surefire win. Hopefully, as we learn more about what sounds like a massive game, it will start to come together.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, the Easy Allies guys saw the demo and now I'm truly on board on the hype train:

Around 31:40, what they are describing here sounds fucking amazing, and also it explains why it wasn't revealed to the public yet: since it's still pre-alpha, it still glitchy in parts, but they seem genuinely excited about the game and gameplay. Can't wait to see this when they are ready to show us.

These guys like everything, though.

Oct 31, 2017
As I said in the other thread, if it still is rough around the edges then delay it another 3-6 months. Launching with Scarlet/PS5 would also be welcome.

How many Bruce Banners have we had?

A lot, but people are not having a problem with Banner. Actually they said Banner/Hulk is the okay one. Romanoff, Rogers, Stark, Thor are the ones people have a problem with and we have only really had one (big) iteration of those characters on live action. I think they just look generic to be honest

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ben from Giant Bomb saw this and saw it was rough. Top to bottom the showing of this game at their public debut has just been such a head-scratcher.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Since some posters said there was no gameplay, there definitely was gameplay in the trailer. No surprise to me because I immediately noticed the bits of gameplay but it's good to have confirmation. Anyone interested can watch this clip, it shows the parts that are gameplay.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Full E3 Coliseum panel details:
  • Original story that Crystal is spearheading
  • Avengers are in "disarray", "guilt and loss", will see how all of these Avengers deal with it
  • Own spin on characters, not trying to ape films, went through 60 years of comics
  • Taking inspiration from West Coast Avengers
  • The Avengers and SHIELD decide to band together and have their own themed Helicarrier called the Chimera that houses the experimental technology that sets off the events of A-Day
  • Biggest challenge is that every character is so different, combat uniquely catered to each character, each characters "feels like its own game"
  • Each character has unique traversal, grappling hooks, wall jumps, flight, etc.
  • Only one hero is allowed, 4 Hulks won't be running around per team
  • Can "straight-shot" the story by yourself, or jump-in/jump out instantaneously with your friends
  • For the single-player campaign, you will only be able to play the character that is designated per mission
  • Live service, but also very narrative focused, "can't really compare it to any other game"
  • Said to "stay tuned" for people wondering where certain characters (coughHawkeyecough) are
  • When asked about if Spider-Man and Avengers are connected, Bill Rosemann said that they "are just focused on making the best Avengers game"
[Hidden content]
Neat

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
This was my second most anticipated game of E3, but what they showed in the conference didn't help generate much hype personally due to the lack of gameplay and those super generic character models.

That said, it's still a safe wager this will be a fun, fantastic game. Just still needs time in the oven clearly.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I don't doubt that it's just with him being ex-SHIELD and his design make him seem a lot more like Crossbones.

No sword, shield, or bow. The short sleeves and faceplate are def more Crossbones to me. It's almost like a mash up of the two of them.
That's because it's based more on the Udon costume:

DIq6aLf.jpg

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Hopefully the single player campaign is not bare bones. I can't shake the feeling that the online is just another Anthem/GAAS waste

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For a game attempting to sell itself a cinematic experience, it wasn't 'shot' very well either. The conversation 5 years later with long-hair Tony was framed like a Mass Effect choose-your-own-adventure story, not a movie.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
You would think given how bad his hair looks that they would have Thor wearing his helmet throughout. It would also be another element to adopt to be distinct from the movies.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
The game director and the combat director made another Q&A:

Full transcript by adj_noun :

Transcript:

What is this game? People still want clarification on the structure of the game.

It is a single player narrative driven cinematic game. But it's a little different. It's a hybrid. You're introduced to this world on the events of A-Day. San Francisco's devastated. The Avengers are to blame. They disband and there's bickering amongst them.

You get that setep and you journey through the progression of particular characters that progress the story forward to see how the Avengers fare. As you go through the story, depending on where you are in the narrative, you unlock certain characters and you can then go off on a tangent with those characters, or with your own choice of characters, and play these missions that are all tied to pushing this story forward.

You can do so by yourself, or you can do so in groups of four. And then you can rejoin the narrative and push that story forward as well.

You can also choose to say, 'you know, I've got the setup, I really just want to play with my friends, and I can run off and play in that world with four friends as the Avengers of our choice'. Or I could say, 'you know what, I'm going to go straight down the story, not do any missions, just go through all the story in a linear fashion. I can play the entire thing, single player and co-op, by myself, and enjoy the experience of the Avengers'.

Why aren't these the MCU characters?

We set out to create an original Avengers story. We wanted our characters to feel like they belong in our world, that they're part of our story, that their choices, even their uniforms are all based on our story. They're at the peak, they make this awful mistake, and then they fall, and we get to build them up.

We cast them differently, we chose them differently, we drew from the Marvel comic books along with our friends at Marvel to get the best solution for this story.

How many superheroes will be added to the game post-launch?

Can't be specific, but we intend to at regular intervals release new superheroes and new regions for free. No additional cost. We're excited. Marvel's Avengers roster, the potential for it is crazy. We're such huge fans. We're combing through eighty years of history to find those characters.

And the multiplayer story in that world is so big, it's so vast. It's escalating threats. You get to team up with your friends and defend Earth from escalating disasters. It allows for many characters to be introduced.

Can you talk about the diversity of the regions that you'll be pulling from?

The Avengers is a global team. They investigate threats that are all over the world. We're about finding the areas we want to go to that are diverse, that are as different as possible, that provide us different gameplay elements, different ways to use the team's very unique traversals. Every character on the team moves in such a different way that we want to have enough variety in our environments to really make use of the character's abilities.

Can you control the characters freely or are you limited in movement? For example, seeing Iron Man fly on the Golden Gate Bridge.

In that Iron Man segment, it's part of the single-player campaign focus, which are more specifically linear sequences. We also have different areas which are much more open, which allow characters the full freedom of movement, the full freedom to use their unique traversal mechanics.

In the single player campaign, on these missions, you'll be able to fly around. In that Iron Man sequence, you can fly around. Of course, you're limited to the bridge at that point, but you're still flying around. You have a very specific objective at that point.

Does gear affect the stats of your character?

We have both cosmetic stuff for the characters like costumes, stuff that you can customize fully that does not affect the character's gameplay. And then we have a pretty robust gear and progression system that does affect the character's gameplay.

It was really important for us to separate those two because we wanted players to be able to look the way they wanted, but also to play the way they wanted.

Don't pay to win!

Can you play as any character at any time in single player, or will there be specific chapters tied to specific characters?

The character you're playing is based on the narrative. It's the best character to push that narrative forward. If you were to go through the story in a linear fashion, you will be playing as the story dictates.

However, you can still go off and do these tangents as your chosen character, whoever your favorite hero is, and level that hero up and do cool missions with that hero.

You can say, 'I don't want to play this mission, I don't want to play as Hulk, I want to play as Black Widow.' You can go off and play as Black Widow and learn and feel what it's like to be Widow in those missions. And then come back to the main narrative which dictates what you play as.

Will space be an explorable region or featured in the campaign?

Stay tuned.

Will there be free roaming?

You can roam freely in the larger based missions.

Will there be vehicles?

Our characters have built-in traversal mechanics that are so unique to them. They move the way you expect them to move, they move through the environment using whatever fits the character best. Let's leave it at that.

Sabrina Rei

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not the target audience for this but I think it looks pretty dope. The character designs aren't wowing me but maybe when I play it I'll get a better feel for what they're going for? I think it makes perfect sense to control which Avenger the player controls and when so that the levels can be tailored to that style of play giving them unique perspective. Maybe Tony's level will have more verticality? Maybe Widow's more infiltration? Maybe Hulk's more SMASH? Would it be fun to tackle a layout built for stealth with Hulk? Undeniably but it would also be over very quickly. XD

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
This guy saw a gameplay demo, he's far from impressed. And honestly, what he says about it doesn't sound all that great at all. But still, I need to see it for myself first.

Edit: Removing link of misogynistic toxic asshole.
tenor.gif

Seriously tho, he seems pissed because he waited 3 hours and didn't get to play the game, but watch someone playing the game. And seriously, calling "this game is trash" from watching a 25 minutes pre-alpha demo is rich.

Last edited:

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
tenor.gif

Seriously tho, he seems pissed because he waited 3 hours and didn't get to play the game, but watch someone playing the game. And seriously, calling "this game is trash" from watching a 25 minutes pre-alpha demo is rich.

He said it in a earlier video as well that this is a kid's game and I'm like.... ehhhh... Ok.

Definitely need to see it for ourselves and yep, he clearly was pissed about waiting 3 hours. 3 hours is pretty standard, I've been to several GC's through the years in Germany and that's really nothing new. I remember a crazy long row of people just for a Mafia II trailer, lol.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Listening to The Amazing Lucas' opinions
Was harassing Insomniac devs just because of a fucking suit in Spider-Man PS4

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Easy Allies impressions shared some Taskmaster details where it's clear he's a different version than Spider-Man PS4's. Avengers version has him as an ex-SHIELD member.
Isn't it possible that is from the past since there is a 5 years later moment in the trailer? So Spider-Man could have shown a taskmaster that is much later in the timeline.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
From what I've read, the closed-doors demo is a bit too scripted and by-the-book for my tastes, but it's probably just the opening tutorial sequence. Hopefully they show off a gameplay demo that is more representative of the actual game soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you subjected me to that, what we have ever done to you haha? :(

Holy shit at this bullshit misogynistic The Last Jedi review. What a fucking entitled asshole.
Hey, I didn't post the link in here, but I guess the other user was a "victim" of the random youtube recommendations algorithm as well.
I remember this guy for such brilliant videos as
Straight Pride Parade is AWESOME
buahahahaha

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
There's just something off about the faces and hair to the characters, not to mention Capt's suit looks like SWAT armor.

And then theres this...

63-D2-CA19-CE59-47-D9-AF14-655-B32-DB19-C8.jpg

Widow looks like a young Kate Mulgrew, but I guess that's not a bad thing (except for those soulless eyes).