• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

The first full trailer is finally out for the second season. I know the show had it's following here on Era last year, and it surprised many of us with its quality.

It premieres April 4 on Freeform.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually not feeling that trailer. And it doesn't get me excited. But I'll catch it, cause I know Joe Pokaski and crew did such a tremendous job on the first season.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the actual season is less superheroic than the trailer makes it look like. I liked about the first season that it was a bit different.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Marvel trailers are better with hiphop again.

Never seen the first season but will catch up so I can just roll in to season 2.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"This is Mayhem" Oh, yeah.
3-5.gif

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I much prefer C&D to runaways and the gifted, really strong leads in this.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
New trailer? I dunno, but at least this is uploaded for international viewers

Cloak & Dagger was low-key one of the best superhero shows around.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The void
Thought the first season of C and D was great. Couldn't get through the first season of the runaways. Stopped at the episode where the kids had to do sneaky stuff at a party and it was just soooooooooo dull.

I even feel like umbrella academy is a better superhero show than the putmetosleepaways

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Thought the first season of C and D was great. Couldn't get through the first season of the runaways. Stopped at the episode where the kids had to do sneaky stuff at a party and it was just soooooooooo dull.

I even feel like umbrella academy is a better superhero show than the putmetosleepaways
Season 2 of Runaways has picked up a bit, but it still has nowhere near the momentum C&D has

Runaways very much feels like a show, written by adults, trying to be typical YA, while C&D feels like a show written by adults, but self aware and reflective enough on the world around them that it doesn't come off as corny.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
Season 2 of Runaways has picked up a bit, but it still has nowhere near the momentum C&D has

Runaways very much feels like a show, written by adults, trying to be typical YA, while C&D feels like a show written by adults, but self aware and reflective enough on the world around them that it doesn't come off as corny.

I can't comment on the Runaways stuff (haven't watched it), but i agree with your take on C&D. They seem to be trying to say "something" with the show. Stories about something more than getting through the plot. Or at least they are better at letting you in on what they are getting at. The S2 trailer was pretty good.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Thought the first season was -ok- but the really cheap effects took me out of it hard. Dagger's flashlight just out of view and basically 0 effect on cloak's teleporting were whack, though I did like the subtle smoke when he appeared. I'm down to check this one out again.