• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda want to wait on a DF verdict before making a purchase, but I'm assuming both console versions are probably the same. Graphically and performance wise that is.

Oct 28, 2017
So, the general take on this is that this is actually some damn good shit? Planning to pick up the PS5 version after work tonight.

2 chapters completed and my takeaways are:

-Charming and funny characters
-Interesting story so far
-Visually excellent even in 60fps mode
-Great soundtrack if you're a fan of 70s and 80s rock (and if you're not there's a setting where you can turn off all the licensed music)
-Gameplay and character control seems passable to good so far but I'm only 2 hours in

Bonus points for:
-not shitting up the game with live service bullshit and no micro transactions to be found anywhere that I've seen

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1 hour till PC launch. Still annoyed I have had to wait 17 hours to play the game on release day thanks to global unlock.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
This totally flew by my radar until a couple of days ago and I'm really interested in the PC version. PC Gamer review says it's janky as hell though and sounds like they recommend waiting. Honestly I seem to be lucky when it comes to stuff like this as games usually described as having issues seem to work perfectly fine for me from the get-go but I don't know if I'm trying to pay $60 for something that might need patching before I can play it consistently without problems.

Would love to hear from any of you PC players once you're up and running.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Just finished Chapter 4.

This game is a winner so far. The gameplay is acceptable, but it really has a fantastic narrative that is told really well. And the writing is spot on.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
After a year of everything being 60fps (literally, I have not touched anything 30fps) it has been hard, but I'm getting used to it.

I'm still unsure if it's worth the sacrifice though.

Yeah the game is noticeably sharper in Quality mode but after so many months playing 60 fps titles only, playing at 30 just feels bad. I've tried to switch to quality mode several times and I'm like "Damn, this looks crisp as fuck" but after I start moving the character/camera, I just have to go back to those 60 fps.

Why are you all playing in quality?!
Performance is fine and looks great on LG CX.

I've tried that 30fps mode and it's smeary as fuck

Ok ok fine. Performance it is. Also will be on a CX, so I'm happy that it looks good in that mode

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Finally finished.

Overall, a definite 8/10. Though the gameplay is quite repetitive towards the latter half of the game and there are some annoying design decisions along the way, the story, characters, soundtrack and dialogue are so strong that they really bring it all together.

Might be too hasty to say so and I'll have to ruminate on it, but my gut reaction right now is that this is AT LEAST toe-to-toe with Gunn's Guardians movies. There are several characters and backstories that I believe are a lot better here than in the MCU versions.

I really do hope we get a sequel down the line but something about the way it ends with the 'where they are now' montage tells me we probably won't be and that this is a one and done.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Dear Square Enix and Valve

giphy.gif

Jan 9, 2018
Played for 2 hours this morning and this is a home run so far . Amazing presentation combat voice work and writing . Didn't want to put it down for work

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy PC performance thread

(Click for general game info.) 🖥️ System requirements: 🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022) AMD: 22.2.2 Nvidia: 511.79 📊 Benchmarks: ComputerBase (German; review build) GameGPU (Russian; review build) Igor's Lab (German; review build; DLSS-focused) 🎩 Tips and tricks: Cap the frame...

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
People are impressed by PS5 compression while Guardians of the Galaxy download on Steam was 20GB and unpacked game is 66GB. That is what i call compression XD

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
do the graphics and environments hold up throughout or is it just the first planet w pink goo that is mindblowing bc lol shit is sharppp

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Steam forums are saying you need to delete the whole preload and redownload...

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I never preload. Unpacking is slower than just downloading the whole thing when it releases for me.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished.

Overall, a definite 8/10. Though the gameplay is quite repetitive towards the latter half of the game and there are some annoying design decisions along the way, the story, characters, soundtrack and dialogue are so strong that they really bring it all together.

Might be too hasty to say so and I'll have to ruminate on it, but my gut reaction right now is that this is AT LEAST toe-to-toe with Gunn's Guardians movies. There are several characters and backstories that I believe are a lot better here than in the MCU versions.

I really do hope we get a sequel down the line but something about the way it ends with the 'where they are now' montage tells me we probably won't be and that this is a one and done.
How long did it take for you to finish?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
try validating files, steamdb updated and it looks like they remembered needing an .exe

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Think I may have jumped the gun a bit by deleting and re downloading haha. Oh well. Halfway there now.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Any impressions between series x and ps5? Wanted ps5 but that's being sent back for repair again :( so debating getting this on the X