• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Camouflaj Teams with Sony Interactive Entertainment and Marvel Games to deliver the ultimate Iron Man fantasy in VR.

Don the PlayStation VR headset to suit up as the Armored Avenger in an original Iron Man adventure! Using two PlayStation® Move motion controllers fire up Iron Man's Repulsor Jets and blast into the skies with an arsenal of iconic Iron Man weapons at your fingertips. Face off against Iron Man's greatest foes in high stakes, action-packed battles. Upgrade tech in Tony Stark's garage to customize Iron Man's sleek suit and awesome abilities.

More Information from Ryan Payton, director at Camoflaj:

I'm honored to finally introduce Marvel's Iron Man VR, a game we've been building over the past two years with one simple (and daunting) principle: deliver the ultimate Iron Man fantasy game exclusively for PlayStation VR.

What better way to announce the game than unveiling our brand-new Iron Man armor envisioned by legendary Marvel illustrator and costume designer, Adi Granov. In close collaboration with our partners and friends at Marvel Games, Adi created a new armor that, like the game, mixes a classic comic book aesthetic with an ultra-modern twist. We hope you love the Impulse Armor as much as we do.

From the very first day on the project, our team in Seattle has maintained an unwavering commitment to leverage the strengths of VR while enabling players to feel like the world-famous hero. We have focused on making flying, shooting, and epic Super Hero actions feel natural and powerful on PlayStation VR. When you get your hands on the game later this year, I hope that you, like those on the team who have played early development versions of the game, take off your PS VR headset, smile, and say, "Wow… I feel like Iron Man!"

I grew up reading Marvel comics, especially Iron Man. (Iron Man #290 was the first issue I ever bought.) I loved the suspense, the armor, the tinkering, and how *just within reach* it all felt. As I got older, I began gravitating more to the man behind the armor, Tony Stark, and how fun and complex his character is.

Incredibly, that complexity has always been there, especially during the infamous Demon in a Bottle story, exploring a man at war with himself. This is why we've set our sights on not only giving the player thrilling moment-to-moment action, but also a deeply personal, and appropriately funny, narrative that puts players in Tony Stark's armored shoes.

And with our game, we wanted to tell more than just an origin story. In Marvel's Iron Man VR the player, who plays as the genius inventor Tony Stark, confronts ghosts from his past—powerful forces who seek to ruin him and everything he stands for. By fully embracing the magic of PlayStation VR, players will come face-to-face with iconic allies and Super Villains as they jet around the globe on a heroic mission to save not only Stark Industries, but the world itself. We cannot wait to share more about how we are telling an original Iron Man story in a way that only virtual reality allows.

We have so much to reveal about the game and many fun development stories to tell, but we'll save that for another day. Today, we are excited to celebrate with you that an authentic, fully-featured Iron Man VR game is on the way! Everyone at Camouflaj, Sony Interactive Entertainment, and Marvel Games are hard at work on delivering a game that is truly worthy of the Armored Avenger.

33590455588_f5d33e9c08_o.jpg

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The Iron Man experience. A 1 hour experience where you play as Iron Man in different scenarios. That's my guess anyway.

I hope I'm very wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Has Camouflaj worked on anything outside of République?

I would love for this to be great (and not locked down to PSVR), but I'm not getting my hopes up.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Marvel seem to be going in with games lately. First with Spidey, MUA3 and now this. Really can't wait to get my hands on it. No news on exclusivity at the moment.

CD77Z11.png

I am not sure about the exclusivity thing but the trailer did started with "Only On Playstation" tag. Even on the PlayStation youtube channel, the trailer does point to that.
Please come to Vive...
Seems to be a PlayStation exclusive.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played the thing from spiderman... I was deeply dissapointed, this gave me the same vibes

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I have PSVR and this was about the only thing I was even remotely interested in and even then, if I hadn't already had PSVR, this definitely wouldn't have sold me on it.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Sounds like psvr only which sucks since I'd prefer to play in PC but I guess it time to dust my psvr and put down my Oculus. At least for the one game :P

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Pretty hype for psvr owners

Yeah this was a pretty hype day for us. Lead by No Man's Sky but i sill NOT sleep on Iron Man in VR especially if we find out there's meat to it. And even if there isn't, as long as they price it right I'm jumping at the chance to get into the suit!

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing that makes me think this is exclusive is because it was mentioned it was from Sony WWS. Other than that, we will have to wait and see. This did look interesting and I hope we get to see actual gameplay soon.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to be Iron Man I want to be Robert Downy Jr.

Also 'flying through some clouds" is not what I think of when I think of Iron Man.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I love VR with all my heart, but this trailer wasn't that exciting. Still, the premise of an Ironman game in VR has potential. I guess I'll keep my eye on it.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
A bit worrying that it's a 2019 release with the entire footage being accompanied by text saying it's not actual gameplay. I get the feeling it's not going to be the biggest game. Looking forward to seeing more at least.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Expectations are super high, but it looks like an arcade game simulator with like 5-6 "scenarios" like Batman Arkham VR.

Give us true open-world VR !

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
This doesn't look very good to me :/
True, but I am sure Marvel, or even Sony, would not have greenlit the project if the game didn't have potential. Like I said, I was doubtful when it was revealed that Camouflaj are working on it, but I am sure they can pull it off. As long as they stay true to the character, they could pull off the narrative side.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
That looks... underwhelming. All this time waiting for an Iron Man game, I was hoping when the day would finally come that it would be something big like Arkham or Spider-man. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 remains the game I'm looking forware to to play as Iron Man.