• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am willing to bet this takes place in the Spider-Man universe. That villian from the hologram was the villian from the Spider-Man prequel book.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Marvel and Sony getting chummy, huh? Think this will lead to a non vr iron man game? It's about time

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
This.... Looks like a first wave psvr title?
I mean, Sony and marvel are not the studios that attach their names to sub-par releases but this trailer was extremely underwhelming.
I hope the actual game improves on this.
Please be no 1 hour experience...

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I am...unreasonably angry about this game. All my life I've wanted a decent Iron Man game. Now someone's making the attempt but it's...

A.) First Person
B.) VR

I'm so salty about this I should start a Twitch stream for my (totally reasonable, fuck you) reactions.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see how the game turns out but that trailer made it look kind of boring.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
The state of play segment said it's from SIE Worldwide Studios / Marvel / and Camouflage. SIE and Marvel are producing it like Spider-Man.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The Iron Man experience. A 1 hour experience where you play as Iron Man in different scenarios. That's my guess anyway.

I hope I'm very wrong.
I played the thing from spiderman... I was deeply dissapointed, this gave me the same vibes
Expectations are super high, but it looks like an arcade game simulator with like 5-6 "scenarios" like Batman Arkham VR.

Give us true open-world VR !
Very low expectations considering Spiderman Homecoming VR tbh
This.... Looks like a first wave psvr title?
I mean, Sony and marvel are not the studios that attach their names to sub-par releases but this trailer was extremely underwhelming.
I hope the actual game improves on this.
Please be no 1 hour experience...
This isn't a free promotional experience like the Spider-Man: Homecoming VR experience was, it's a full retail game. That said, there is a new Spider-Man experience releasing this year for Far From Home.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
So much bitterness around VR announcements geeze.

I for one am wondering if I can set-up a rig of sorts to play VR horizontally. For, you know, reasons.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
How did they mess up an Iron Man VR game? Being in a helmet like HUD in VR is amazing in some games, how on Earth does the Iron Man have such bad UI/HUD. I mean, come on, it's supposed to look like this!

avgKZ.gif

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
That looks like missile command but flying around in vr. If it's a full game, sign me up.

Bongodaddy

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of RDJ is a huge blow in terms of my interest in the game. He /is/ Iron Man to me. They could at least have gotten someone that sounds somewhat like him.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
could be cool. expecting some 5-ish hour "showcase" kind of deal but who knows, maybe they're really going somewhere with it

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
This will be interesting as long as it isn't just a short 'experience' thing and an actual game. We are long past due getting a good Iron Man game.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Can't be a VR thread without all the whining eh.

Let's see where this is headed(the game, not the thread).

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony, give insominac a go a full blown iron man game. Insomnias love for weaponry is right at home with Stark Industries.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
notlikethis.gif

This look like an expanded game that they have the Marvel exhibition at the Seattle pop culture museum. That uses the kinect

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
VR is the perfect fit for an Iron Man game, and this trailer really didn't sell the concept. It looks like it could be a trailer for something similar to the Spider-Man Homecoming or Justice League VR tie-in experiences.

There's promise in the concept though - show gameplay of cycling through armour colour schemes and weaponry with motion gestures and I would be sold. I hope this doesn't leave me wondering what Jaffe would have done with it.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
That trailer looks awful. I'm a huge fan of dumb rail shooters, and that just doesn't do anything to sell the game to me.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The snippets of gameplay are worrying me more every time I see it. Now I'm expecting gameplay like this:

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
How did they mess up an Iron Man VR game? Being in a helmet like HUD in VR is amazing in some games, how on Earth does the Iron Man have such bad UI/HUD. I mean, come on, it's supposed to look like this!

avgKZ.gif
you mean like this?
slightly different and longer trailer than the one in the stream

edit: obviously actual game wont be like that but oh well.
edit2: I guess this is in the OP now too.

Last edited:

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
How long was the Batman VR experience?

I'd imagine that's the template for superhero experiences.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
VR Iron man game and the best they could think of is an on rails shooter? That's 1st gen Gear VR thinking.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This looks genuinely terrible, more like a promotional free movie tie-in than something to spend money on.

Surprised Camouflaj is still around tbh. I guess Republique did better than I figured.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Meh. I want a proper Iron Man game. I want all MCU hero games in third person. Just copy Spider-man/Arkham if you have to. JUST GIMME.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
VR games always look bland from the trailer, because your not seeing it in VR! I assure you flying behind a giant plane and shooting at stuff in VR is fun. I thought it looked awesome!

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, looks like it'll probably be a Arcade style light gun shooter with a Ironman overlay. As much as I want an Ironman game. We need it at the level of something like Stormland promises to be

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
The "not actual gameplay" throughout the entirety of the trailer, as well as "coming 2019" does not leave me having faith in this title.