• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
warriorsofthesky-poster-smallsize_411z.jpg

WARRIORS OF THE SKY

In ancient times, four legendary warriors defended the Temple of the Crescent Moon against all threats to Asia. Now as evil arises once again, Io, spirit defender of the temple, calls on these new heroes to unite and protect the planet under one sky.

Blue%20Dragon_LKL_Poster.jpg

BLUE DRAGON

Defending the East, Blue Dragon possesses the ability to transform whatever she touches into a draconic weapon. With her heirloom spear, whip in hand, this child of a Vietnamese noble family leads the Warriors of the Sky with her protective spirit and wise judgment through any challenge they may encounter.

War%20Tiger_TGS_Poster_SmallSize.jpg

WAR TIGER

Leaping from the West, the massive War Tiger slices through evil with the mystical Tiger's Fang. This ancient Thai general ensures the success of his fellow Warriors of the Sky with his immense power and hardened combat experience.

Shadow%20Shell_TGS_Poster_SmallSize.jpg

SHADOW SHELL

Strategizing in the North, Shadow Shell disables enemies from afar and defends her teammates with her highly advanced rifle and Ba Gua energy shield. When Shadow Shell's adopted family in Taiwan attempted to poison her, the extremely intelligent tactician gained her unseen powers of toxic immunity and now provides battle strategy for the team.

Sun%20Bird_TGS_Poster_SmallSize.jpg

SUN BIRD

Soaring into battle as guardian of the South, the searing Sun Bird provides healing support for the Warriors of the Sky. With agile charm, this Malaysian pirate from the 1600s reborn by the power of his twin krises seeks to make the most of his new life by supporting the world however possible.

"Over a million years ago, humans engaged in a War of Dragons that almost lead to the beasts conquering the known world. The last vestiges of humankind stood their ground at a final bastion known as the Temple of the Moon.

Before the dragons could destroy the humans, a lone Celestial journeyed to Earth and constructed a powerful entity of spiritual and cosmic energy: the Sky Kyrin. With this unstoppable force, the humans defeated the dragons and peace returned to the land.

The lone Celestial broke the Sky Kyrin apart into four separate entities, its energies journeying to walk amongst humans. Now, as danger looms on the horizon, the Sky Kyrin will unite once again to save the world in an explosion of spiritual and cosmic power."

YUP THEY CAN FUSE!

sky-kyrin-lkl-poster_xw51.jpg

Right now they are about to make their debut in the mobile game Future fight but there's no reason they can't have a comic run or potentially more. They fill a space in a underoccupied asian superhero void being Taiwanese, Malaysian, Thai and Vietnamese. THEY FUSE into a big Dragon Tiger Turtle! They have a compelling enough super hero backstory.

I like

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first impression for some reason was that they all looked like ATLA characters

Deleted member 33515

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
the difference in graphic style is jarring, and Blue Dragon looks like an instagram model. I don't even want to add "but I'm glad Marvel is not doing the usual American thing" because it's clearly done just for the money. I'm happy someone that is not represented now will feel represented with this, tho.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the difference in graphic style is jarring, and Blue Dragon looks like an instagram model. I don't even want to add "but I'm glad Marvel is not doing the usual American thing" because it's clearly done just for the money. I'm happy someone that is not represented now will feel represented with this, tho.

Curious in what way it's done for money, I believe much of the Future Fight fanbase are just time sinking F2P players tbh.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
These honestly look like new designs for a CN or Netflix animated series, or an action-RPG.

Who is this? Besides Cho/Silk/Psi-Bear girl?
I assume the dude in teh suit is Jimmy Woo and Shang Chi is in the read and black looking Tumblerized

Looking like the Force Works version of The Protectors
latest

TableBeRound

Alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
These honestly look like new designs for a CN or Netflix animated series, or an action-RPG.

Who is this? Besides Cho/Silk/Psi-Bear girl?

I'm not completely up to date with this stuff either but you have characters introduced in Future Fight (Luna Snow, bottom left; Wave, middle right; and Crescent, the Psi-Bear girl haha), then White Fox who was introduced in a Korean webtoon around 5 years ago and finally Aero and Swordmaster (top left and top right) who are pretty much completely new characters.

Deleted member 33515

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Curious in what way it's done for money, I believe much of the Future Fight fanbase are just time sinking F2P players tbh.
F2P games obviously thrive on people spending a lot of money. there are a lot of studies and usually around 10% (or less) of players 'carry' the rest. this said, a 'pan-asian' group like this is clearly studied to pander to specific audiences, and looks borne out of economic and engagement concerns rather than out of an artistic idea of any sort.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Seems rather stereotypical for both Marvel comics and Asian countries but I'll wait to see more.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they keep publishing more of these characters.

Recently they also introduced the Japanese Future Avengers into the comics :D
1869201_xl.jpg
STL134390.jpg
clean.jpg

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Marvel had a Taiwanese family try to poison one of its new heroes so Marvel could please the PRC.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
They have potential to be heroes in a Trading Card Game with their designs lmao

Not a fan of this extreme use of white, green, blue and red. You can implement their colours without overdoing it.