• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Seems like a good problem to have. Pilot tested so well, Disney wants to see if can find it a new home

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...t-air-freeform-series-will-be-shopped-1052696

The half-hour scripted comedy, picked up straight to series at Freeform in April, will no longer air on the younger-skewing, Disney-owned cable network. Instead, sources tell The Hollywood Reporterthat Marvel will shop the live-action comedy to other outlets. Sources say there has been some talk that the 10-episode series from Kevin Biegel (Enlisted) could be taken to Disney's forthcoming subscription streaming service, though insiders stress

The pilot — which stars Baby Daddy grad Derek Theler as Mister Immortal and This Is Us' Milana Vayntrub as fan-favorite Squirrel Girl — is said to have tested through the roof and caught the attention of high-level Disney executives.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that I see Netflix picking it up. Hulu is definitely an option. They could also put it on Disney Channel proper, though I think it skews a little older than they'd like for that.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know that I see Netflix picking it up. Hulu is definitely an option. They could also put it on Disney Channel proper, though I think it skews a little older than they'd like for that.

Yeah Netflix seems doubtful. It's a tonal clash with their mini MCU. Then again, they've shown a strong willingness to buy up shows and they've got more money to throw around on this than most. Plus, the show is the perfect length for Netflix. It could do exceedingly well. I'm sure they'll throw a bid in the ring, but it seems like others will be more desperate.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I wonder if they would put in on prime time ABC? As it stands there aren't any comic book comedies around that time.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just really want to see these costumes.

I'm thinking maybe this could be on ABC and start airing with or after SHIELD.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice to see it testing so well. I'm very excited about this development. I'm also expecting it by Fall 2018 now.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hulu would make the most sense, as this seems like a good pairing with Runaways. Though if they're willing to hold it, it may make a good exclusive for their streaming platform.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ABC, ABC Family, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, there are hundreds of possibilities here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
They want more than 30 people to actually watch it.

For real, XD doesn't have the reach as a channel for them to move it there. It's buried in the hundreds on most cable packages.

People are finding it just fine for DuckTales, because the ratings for that are through the roof.

As for this, I'm glad it's moving to a channel/service I've actually heard of.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If it ends up in Disney streaming service there is a huge chance it will reach Netflix here in my country, since it will still have disney/marvel movies and stuff =D

Also .... please someone leak the pilot ? =x

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Hulu seems the best bet. Maybe Amazon if they want to get in on the comic action(yes tick exist I know).

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Hulu or Netflix seems like strong contenders here. The weird premise might turn some people off on a regular station, but it seems perfect for word of mouth through streaming.

Oct 31, 2017
If it ends up in Disney streaming service there is a huge chance it will reach Netflix here in my country, since it will still have disney/marvel movies and stuff =D

Also .... please someone leak the pilot ? =x

Disney is gonna pull stuff from netflix worldwide, I think.

Matter of fact, they already have a beta of sorts for their streaming channel in the UK and Ireland. I would think they would launch overseas before the US because of the contracts they have in the US.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Disney is gonna pull stuff from netflix worldwide, I think.

Matter of fact, they already have a beta of sorts for their streaming channel in the UK and Ireland. I would think they would launch overseas before the US because of the contracts they have in the US.

Brazilian Netflix twitter explicitly said they didn't "break up" like his USA cousin.

This can change later but as yet, the official news is that brazilian netflix is safe

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
People are finding it just fine for DuckTales, because the ratings for that are through the roof.

As for this, I'm glad it's moving to a channel/service I've actually heard of.

You've probably heard of Freeform, it's just a rebranded ABC Family, which has actually shown the ability to maintain popular shows (Pretty Little Liars, for example). And are Ducktales ratings through the roof for cable, or through the roof period? Because there's a very big difference between the two.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You've probably heard of Freeform, it's just a rebranded ABC Family, which has actually shown the ability to maintain popular shows (Pretty Little Liars, for example). And are Ducktales ratings through the roof for cable, or through the roof period? Because there's a very big difference between the two.

Oh really? I thought it was a new channel. Oops.

As for DuckTales, I'll have to find the link with the ratings.