• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
runaways-poster-kids-01-415x600.jpg

Welcome to the Season 2 Runaways thread. It's a piss-poor attempt in comparison to Absent's thread, but somebody had to do it. When we last saw our protagonist, they finally decided to take a page from their namesake and... well run away. This season showcases their attempts to evade their parents as well as learn how to control their powers.

Cast:
Rhenzy Feliz as Alex Wilder
Lyrica Okano as Nico Minoru
Virginia Gardner as Karolina Dean
Ariela Barer as Gert Yorkes
Gregg Sulkin as Chase Stein
Allegra Acosta as Molly Hernendez

Trailer:

As always, keep spoilers tagged for now.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
well, if the thread activity here is any indication, there ain't gonna be an S3 lol

anyway, just finished it. while I enjoyed it overall, the expanded episode count was definitely a mistake.

The season finale is actually good, and I'd still be on board for S3 if it gets renewed, but the last six episodes (after the big plot developments of E7) take far too long to find a compelling narrative hook. I can only imagine how much worse this would have come off if they had stuck with S1's weekly release model.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
I've only watched the first episode so far but it seems to have a faster pace and more places that the plot can go than the start of the first season.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
well, if the thread activity here is any indication, there ain't gonna be an S3 lol

anyway, just finished it. while I enjoyed it overall, the expanded episode count was definitely a mistake.

The season finale is actually good, and I'd still be on board for S3 if it gets renewed, but the last six episodes (after the big plot developments of E7) take far too long to find a compelling narrative hook. I can only imagine how much worse this would have come off if they had stuck with S1's weekly release model.
I don't think I've *ever* seen anyone talking about Runaways. Ever. Hopefully that's no indicative of the actual ratings, show's great.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nico and Karolina are absolutely adorable together. They really nailed that relationship.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im having a hard time getting invested in this season. Season 1 was great, but man I dunno what changed. Hope things start to pick up soon.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
What's the tone of this show? How does it compare to say, Cloak and Dagger?

Cloak and Dagger has more depth. This show has its moments but the themes invoked are a bit lighter. They're both teen-aimed shows that consist of content that would make them too adult for TGIF, Cloak and Dagger is just better written.

Finished S2 and I found it more enjoyable than S1 (which was good) and where they ended is interesting. It's a bit too Soap-y (though not CW levels) but this second season improved upon the first noticeably.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Cloak and Dagger has more depth. This show has its moments but the themes invoked are a bit lighter. They're both teen-aimed shows that consist of content that would make them too adult for TGIF, Cloak and Dagger is just better written.

Finished S2 and I found it more enjoyable than S1 (which was good) and where they ended is interesting. It's a bit too Soap-y (though not CW levels) but this second season improved upon the first noticeably.
It helps the pacing is a lot better it and shit feels like it happens

Cloak and Dagger are still stronger obviously

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 2 and that was really great, good pacing, all the characters had interesting story lines and didn't feel like any of them were ignored. Hope we get a season 3...

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Liked season one well enough, but something about the second season threw me off. Especially towards the second half.

Still liked it enough to finish, but the writing and especially the characters motivations got a little murky towards the end, I felt?

Camelpope

Jan 15, 2018
I really liked the season, it did feel like maybe it could been a short season though. Ep7 and then a short third, but it was good.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying this show, but the quality dips a lot in places. The pilot was good. It's uneven -- sometimes it seems like a premium show and suddenly there' s a scene that feels like it's from a totally different show and the tone doesn't match. Action scenes are little corny too.

A good show to go in blind on. I liked that the first season takes it time, except for the times when the plot doesn't advance because aren't talking to each other.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
First half of S2 was good. It didn't keep my interest in the second half. I would like a bit more world building and less repeating the same story arcs.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think I've *ever* seen anyone talking about Runaways. Ever. Hopefully that's no indicative of the actual ratings, show's great.
There's plenty of people screaming for a third season on Twitter. The show seems to be rather popular. It's just not on Era.

Also, people here have been using two other Runaways threads to post impressions since there wasn't a S2 OT.

---

Just saw the first episode. I really enjoyed it. There's some nice shots in here, and I like the locations the show brings us through. How I've missed our little gang of runaways. I'm sure their new hostel is gonna be great.

And there's some really great shots in the first episode:
1tcigz.png

2qtdja.png

3lceck.png

carterxddxz.png

49qivf.png

5ngiqs.png

6eqc46.png

7jyd64.png

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty show but the teen drama bogs the whole thing down.

Shit is just straight up boring.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Finished this the other night. Think I prefer s1 more. S2 had too much of the typical teen drama bullshit. Overall still a solid show though. S3 is set up to be interesting

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Despite eing a bit uneven in Season 1, I felt that the show had a lot of promise. Season 2 killed any of that promise... I've watched everything in the MCU...this is the first thing I'm dropping.

Here's hoping Cloak and Dagger keep up their quality.

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
Have they
run away
yet? Seriously, it's the title! The comics moved much faster and seemed like it had a point. The show, while kinda cool, feels stalled out from ep4 on.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to start this.
What turned me off from season 1 was so much parent drama. Is this the same?

Oct 25, 2017
I really cannot deal with the cognitive dissonance in this show. You cannot begin a series where a group of adults murder 17 homeless children for purely selfish reasons and then spend 2 seasons trying to convince us that "they're really not that bad lol!" Every single time one of the parents is on screen, I'm reminded of this. There's a reason why the parents get killed off by issue 6 in the comic book.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago

Yessssss, awesome!

I actually loved S2 way more than S1, although the drama was a bit much at times, the overall story arc I found much more entertaining. Alex's parents getting what's coming had me cheering, but the abrupt ending to the season had me a little miffed.

Season 1 tanked in like the last 3 episodes of the season, S2 tanked in the last 15 minutes.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't deserve a third season. It's a shame, because Patrick Rush did such an incredible job with casting. Whatever. Guess we'll see where this goes.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Nice to know. I feel like this may be the season they wrap things up. That is unless they expand things outside the LA area.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Description for Season 3 was released during the TCA:

Season 3 of Marvel's Runaways finds its heroes frantically searching for their captured friends Chase, Gert and Karolina. The kids go head to head with an unstoppable enemy who has targeted Leslie — or more accurately, the child she's carrying. Nico draws them all into a dark realm where its ruler, Morgan le Fay (Elizabeth Hurley), is much more nefarious than anyone the kids have yet to face.

I can't say I've begun the second season. I checked out the first episode and liked it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2
Gonna binge this. Some of the writing and most of what has to do with the parents is so bad. But at least there's more great effects. Just eh how Nico can just walk back home and get the staff handed over by her mother when the whole thing about the season is running away from the parents. Meh.

At least I'm still enjoying the kids themselves, and their powers. And I love that new hideout, I hope they'll stay there a lot. I love me a secret base nobody else knows about.

At least I'm slightly curious what's in the hole - sounds like more of Karolina's kind. And I'm interested in what Jonah will do with Victor. Also, I like Livvie but she ain't good in my book for giving my boy Alex that new haircut. Btw, was that the Darkhold book or something.

I hope that new kid from the teasers will join in soon.

Episode 3/4
Man, I have no idea why Catherine and Geoffrey is a couple. Some of these relations aren't natural at all. So much of the dialogue is stilted. And Darius was a much better character than any of them.

But at least Topher's in the house, and I hope he stays with our group, he seem to fit right in and I like him! Btw, Alex is the smart one of the bunch, he should have seen where all this were going with Darius selling him out like that. But at least he got his hair back eh.

Last edited: