• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
mp1st.com

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered Update 1.007 Patch Notes; Adds VRR Support & More This April 25

Insomniac Games has released the Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered update 1.007 patch today, for VRR support and more. Here's the patch notes for April 25.

Thought I might as well post it at a separate thread given that there is also a 40fps mode rather than just VRR.
  • Size: 273MB

New Features
    • 120 Hz Display Mode (together with system settings)
      • Reduces input latency
      • Increases frame rate target of Fidelity graphics mode to 40 fps
    • Support for VRR via system settings
      • When 120 Hz Display Mode is off, slightly increases dynamic resolution targets
      • When 120 Hz Display Mode is on, the frame rate is unlocked and varies based on gameplay
    • Improvements to ray-traced reflection quality at glancing angles in low-dynamic-resolution scenarios

STEALTH EDIT:

Short post from Insomniac detailing their VRR support:
All of our PS5 titles support VRR (variable refresh rate) as of today, with the latest game and system updates. Because our titles are already built to have very stable frame rates, the main effect of the VRR system setting will be to slightly increase dynamic image resolution targets. However, if your TV also supports 120 Hz high frame rate input and the 120 Hz Display Mode option is active along with VRR, you will get a variable, uncapped frame rate that can exceed your chosen Graphics Mode's 30 or 60 fps target by 50% or more (depending on gameplay).

If you are encountering issues please ensure you are using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a display that supports VRR. Please ensure you are using a VRR capable input on your display, and that (if necessary) VRR is turned on in the display's settings for that specific input. Consult your display's owner manual for more information.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
40fps on Fidelity Mode is going to be an absolute treat, as it was truly incredible with Ratchet & Clank.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
So if I play on a TV that only does 60hz, this isn't going to do much for me? I don't really understand what "slightly increases dynamic resolution targets" means but I do need to go back to Miles Morales sometime soon.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Kind of crazy at the possibilities of this going forward on they system with devs taking advantage esp when they can see up to 50% improvements

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of this game, but major props to Insomniac for the post-launch support. Their tech is something else.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Fuck yeah what a day! 40 fps should be amazing for Spidey, cinematic but totally playable on OLED.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I was really impressed with how Ratchet felt at 40fps. You can tell that it's not 60fps, but it's a massive upgrade over 30.

Hope that they're able to squeeze 40fps out of Spiderman 2

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, wow! That's amazing.

Insomniac has been the best developer coming into this gen