• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
THIS IS THE SPOILER THREAD FOR SPIDER-MAN PS4. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, LEAVE THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY.

Thought I should make this thread considering major story spoilers and suits are being leaked now on reddit and 4chan. Appreciate if you could keep all discussion of this contained in here. Post leaks, story spoilers and the such to your heart's content.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
spider-man is peter parker
tenor.gif

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Saw the suit list. There's one that really makes me happy.

Seems like they're pulling an Arkham City and have a Spiderman: The Animated Series skin?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The leaker posted this stating Mr Negative is the main villain for the first two acts before shifting to Doc Ock for the final one. Green Goblin is heavily hinted throughout the game. Honestly not too surprised.

KWDBdbQ.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Fucking hilarious that they added this in lmfao

FfZsNkz.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Why? It's something they haven't revealed yet and while it's logical it makes sense them not wanting to show it
it is a Spider-man game and its Doc-Ock,
Would be like hiding Riddler or Two-Face in an Arkham game

Green Goblin for example would make more sense to "hide" because their story seems to include Osborne significantly.

If Ock reveal is a seriously large plot device it has me a bit worried about the story

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So Tombstone and Taskmaster are the "side" villains. Miles gets bitten towards the end of the game and symbiotes are teased for the sequel as expected.

Full main story boss list goes

Kingpin, Shocker, Mr. Negative, Electro + Vulture, Rhino + Scorpion, Mr Negative again, Doc Oc

Rogue

Nov 7, 2017
Behind you
I knew that character was in because Marvel Legends just released them in the most random wave.

Once you know Marvel marketing you can glean a bit from how the toy lines work. Sable, updated Black Cat, and Kingpin coming in the next wave can't be coincidence, either.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Leaker says Miles gets bitten near the end and therefore gets powers.
I'm wondering if they're going to pull a Red Dead for the sequel and let us play as Miles half-way through the game or let us play as him right off the bat. Including him is such a clever move, it lets Insomniac do so much things for a potential sequel.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Seems he wasn't a huge fan of the side content:
Collectibles were my biggest problem. Game starts out great, then they start introducing side shit that you HAVE to do if you want to unlock suits, gadgets and upgrade gadgets. You have ubisoft towers, 3 per area, so like 18 in total.

Then you have taking photos of shit, collecting backpacks, clearing out camps (like fighting waves of enemies), challenges (fighting, destroying bombs in time trial, etc.), fighting random crime. For each of those you get a DIFFERENT token and you usually need like 3 backpack tokens, 3 camp tokens, 3 photo tokens or any other combination to craft something.

Due to swinging around it doesn't take long to do any of that and fighting is fun, but it feels like one giant checklist and busy work. I usually did it between missions on my way to it, and it wasn't as annoying as it could be, but I would prefer just getting it as I play through the game and keep collectibles for people who want to pick shit up.

The leaker just said you actually get to play as Miles:
Yeah, but gameplay is pretty basic stealth. You don't play as Miles the spiderman, just Miles the nerdy teenager.

At this point it's hard to tell who is the original leaker and someone making up bullshit. So take some of this with a grain of salt.

He said 12 hours without doing any of the side content at all. Just rushing through the story which is great IMO. I think this could easily be a 30 hour game.
Yeah, I just asked him about story length in the 4chan thread and he said "Game doesn't count them. Maybe around 20 hours, for 80% completion. Would probably add like 5 more hours for 100%." so maybe 25-30 hours depending on your play style.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Are there pics of full suits and abilities? We are gonna see them instantly anyway i assume so not really a spoiler.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the secret boss is Symbiote Iron Man and that he and Spider-man kiss on the mouth

it's supposedly very sensual

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yeah, 25-30 hours sounds totally fine to me, longer on higher difficulties. Anything longer for this type of game would become tedious.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Wait, they hid Doc Ock like that's a spoiler? Lmaoooooooo. Doc Ock starts the sinister six, like that's the dumbest thing to hide.