• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
...via a deepfake by BabyZone (YouTube) [FULL game spoilers for those who haven't played the game btw]

credit to /u/Naderium on Reddit

This seems to have had much better results than the Tom Holland one I saw the other day. Kirsten/MJ in particular maps really well while, Toby mays slightly better than Tom but is still slightly off. I think it's because Peter's model from the game has a thinner face so maybe is harder to map to from source actors that have more rounded faces.

web me up if old.

Last edited:
OP
OP
formasymphonic
Oct 27, 2017
added Tom / Tobey / Andrew comparisons

— Andrew seems to be a better match IMO, but then he does that the narrowest face of the 3 so I think that plays a part.

Oct 27, 2017
Man these deepfakes are even more convincing on videogames. But it's no wonder considering the ceiling isn't as high as with real film footage.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
lol, pretty on point, too bad that the SM2 costume is so badly made in this game.

What? Insomniac's designers did a fantasic job with it.

50232436201_4073ffbea7_o.png

50232657192_59e8e145f5_o.png

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
3JaBSoJ.gif

Freaky.

I think I might even prefer Dunst MJ but you can also see finer animation details getting lost.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I wish Tom did the part in the game. Would have elevated it. Maybe in the sequel. I mean, other than other commitments and money why wouldn't you want to be part of a blockbuster game.

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Why include so much shots without deep fakery. Tom Holland looks perfect. He's truly made for the role.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really reminds me of LA Noire faces - very uncanny valley for some reason...

ps3ud0 8)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
The Dunst one fits great, most of the time. The others dive straight into the uncanny valley face first

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Why are all the Raimi Spiderman fans so weird? This isn't even the first time I've seen the Raimi actors deepfaked onto newer Spiderman projects.

It's genuinely getting a bit concerning.

...aaand this right here was worth making the thread for.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
They look significantly better.

... Well, not Norman, but Peter and MJ are huge improvements imo.
Why are all the Raimi Spiderman fans so weird? This isn't even the first time I've seen the Raimi actors deepfaked onto newer Spiderman projects.

It's because Spider-Man 2 makes every other live-action version of the character look pretty crap in comparison.

Last edited:

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the only weird thing I saw in the video is McGuire with that ugly hair

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Yeah that looks pretty good, espcailly sice its just one dude using a stock deep fake thing.

Garfield looks the best because the hair and face shape matches him the most. Which annoys me even more because I would have loved to see Andrew as a older spiderman like in PS4, not a high school kid

OP
OP
formasymphonic
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Tom did the part in the game. Would have elevated it. Maybe in the sequel. I mean, other than other commitments and money why wouldn't you want to be part of a blockbuster game.
Probably to keep it clear as its own thing separate from MCU. I know it would still be obvious to us, but regular peeps might wonder where it all fits in etc etc

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Well this definitely confirms that Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst's instantly instantly make Spider-Man worse.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
It's because Spider-Man 2 makes every other live-action version of the character look pretty crap in comparison.

Even if someone thinks this... the degree to which these deepfakes are being made is just creepy to me. It's okay to like something but to put one actors' likeness over another's because you prefer them is just... obsessive to me.

OP
OP
formasymphonic
Oct 27, 2017

Holland is my fav of the 3 actually (No offence to Andrew & Tobey. I think its wrong to compare them as what they are intended to portray is different for each one).

I saw this and was impressed by the result so I wanted to share it — Kirsten's mapping in particular stood out as a really good fit.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Holland is my fav of the 3 actually (No offence to Andrew & Tobey. I think its wrong to compare them as what they are intended to portray is different for each one).

I saw this and was impressed by the result so I wanted to share it — Kirsten's mapping in particular stood out as a really good fit.

Sharing it if you think it's interesting is fine. I'm more concerned by the people making it and the sheer volume of content like this.

And yeah, Holland is the best Spidey we've had. Maguire most memeable I guess.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
As someone who grew up with Raimi Spider-Man...

Wow this is on point.

I do like all three of the live action Spider-Man leads though.

Yeah, I have nothing really to say about Garfield. I've seen bits of the ASM films and they're not good but I'm not gonna dunk on the guy for it. He worked with what he was given and other films I've seen him in have shown him to be a pretty great actor.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, man.. I'd actually pay for this.

Also, Dafoe with the perfect villan...or foe, face.